Prague - (Game Thread) GAME ON!!!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Prague - (Game Thread) GAME ON!!!

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I'm not sure how your 2nd clue could possibly be trustable.
Well, to be fair, I could lie regarding my second clue but what I was saying is that I can prove myself non-KIM.
Kimpossible!
You're just bitter that you were assigned to the team that was too lame to hire hookers while your parnter has been partying it up. He may need to visit a doctor though as they were simply hired off the street.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote: Kimpossible!

That's my daughter's text alert. :)
bb2112 wrote: Our team feels we are being played beyond our endurance.

bb2112, I understand that your team feels that way. While I know you won't believe me, at least not until game's end, we are not trying to bully. We are trying desperately to stay in the game.

I previously told you (or at least alluded to) that I will not vote for a Blusterberg agent today and I assure you, that is the truth.

I am tempted to vote Remus myself, but I'm afraid that would benefit Unagi more than it would either of us.

I have a fairly busy morning, but I'll be back (hopefully) in an hour or two. I'll either vote for Remus or see if we can agree on another GS agent.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I'm not sure how your 2nd clue could possibly be trustable.
Well, to be fair, I could lie regarding my second clue but what I was saying is that I can prove myself non-KIM.
Isn't the only way to do that by having Unagi's other public clue? Which isn't actually possible.
Qantaga wrote:I am tempted to vote Remus myself, but I'm afraid that would benefit Unagi more than it would either of us.
How could getting Remus' clue help Unagi more than us? I could see it helping the same, but not more.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:How could getting Remus' clue help Unagi more than us? I could see it helping the same, but not more.
Maybe because Unagi is willing to vote for me. Shouldn't we be looking towards those he does not consider high priority? You'll notice that in all our "bullying" of the votes we have not once actually gone after bb2112. Why haven't we? Simple, KIM wants us to and we don't like KIM thus we do not want to target his choices.

Also, I am offering you my remaining Clue in a trade but you do not seem to have any interest in that.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:How could getting Remus' clue help Unagi more than us? I could see it helping the same, but not more.
Maybe because Unagi is willing to vote for me. Shouldn't we be looking towards those he does not consider high priority? You'll notice that in all our "bullying" of the votes we have not once actually gone after bb2112. Why haven't we? Simple, KIM wants us to and we don't like KIM thus we do not want to target his choices.

Also, I am offering you my remaining Clue in a trade but you do not seem to have any interest in that.
we have no way of verifying for truthiness, pure and simple....

you could easily say " the country of Madagascar is taking 29 assets to the rodeo while its not threatening the Falklands"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I am tempted to spread petrol around the Black Bull and toss a match behind me as I walk out the door. :(

I am vexed by both our unknown Turtleneck (whose motives I can understand) and my own fellow agents.

I have another hour or two of meetings starting soon, but I will make a voting decision as soon as I can.

Blusterberg, are you in need of a double agent? I'll need a home after I torch the Black Bull.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

This park bench was made for 2. :wub:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:I am tempted to spread petrol around the Black Bull and toss a match behind me as I walk out the door. :(

I am vexed by both our unknown Turtleneck (whose motives I can understand) and my own fellow agents.

I have another hour or two of meetings starting soon, but I will make a voting decision as soon as I can.

Blusterberg, are you in need of a double agent? I'll need a home after I torch the Black Bull.
Sure Q, you can come to our side. Good agents are hard to find. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:I am tempted to spread petrol around the Black Bull and toss a match behind me as I walk out the door. :(

Well, geez, at least give me a cigarette before you burn me alive. :(
stessier

Post by stessier »

Just in case anyone else from GS wanders by, just want to remind you -
Grundbegriff wrote:
Handlers: Will you submit a Solution?
Everyone: Whom will you interrogate?
Deadline: 9PM EST, Wednesday, 01 February 2012.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Blusterberg, I know it's fast approaching the deadline. For that, I sincerely apologize.

Would you be willing to interrogate Scoop as a compromise?

Why Scoop?

- Unagi has not asked for, or voted for, Scoop's interrogation yet. So, unless Unagi is playing a briar patch game, that seems the best choice to keep from giving KIM too much of an edge, which will likely become formidable if/when Morroco ever leaves the Black Bull.

- While Morroco's identity is still a mystery, Scoop is my personal leading candidate at the moment. If Scoop is interrogated, it may expose him. The big reason, though, is that it puts us in a position to torture him, if needed.

I realize our goodwill is thin, or even nonexistent. If you are not interested in interrogating Scoop, I will cast the deciding vote on Remus. Just be sure to factor in Unagi's interest in Remus' clue.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop 

Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i'd be open to considering scoop tomorrow, today i want remus or qantaga.

I think we've been very, very accommodating to you in terms of voting, we even went for your candidate of stessier, not once but twice.

My concern is if we vote for scoop (who is on our list of people's info we want) you'll simply back out tomorrow and go "nee-neer, nee-neer" to us tomorrow.

simply put...fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me...

so we prefer remus today...tomorrow i think we'd be happy to go for scoop....then if needed we can go for him the 3rd day out.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Wow.
How fantastically lame of you guys.

Heres the deal. (I'm guessing bb2112 and I are actually in the same boat)

If bb2112 already has a single scan on Scoop, this interrogation is a 50/50 shot of being the same as interrogating Stessier again.
That's where I am with scoop, and it's the reason I want to interrogate a player that has once been interrogated.

You all pulled CR and Qantaga from that list, which leaves Remus.

They think Scoop is their mole, and they are ok with you hearing a lie.

It's a bullshit move , and they know it.
Grundbegriff

STATUS

Post by Grundbegriff »

Aggregate vote history:
Newcastle to interrogate Remus West(1)
Unagi to interrogate bb2112(1)
Unagi wd bb2112(0)
Unagi to interrogate Qantaga(1)
bb2112 to interrogate Qantaga(2)
Lassr to interrogate Qantaga(3)
Newcastle wd Remus West(0)
Newcastle to interrogate Qantaga(4)
stessier to interrogate Qantaga(5)
Unagi wd Qantaga(4)
Unagi to interrogate Remus West(1)
Newcastle wd Qantaga(3)
Newcastle to interrogate Remus West(2)
Lassr wd Qantaga(2)
Lassr to interrogate Remus West(3)
bb2112 wd Qantaga(1)
bb2112 to interrogate Remus West(4)
stessier wd Qantaga(0)
stessier to interrogate Remus West(5)
El Guapo to interrogate Scoop20906(1)

Individual vote history:
Newcastle : interrogate Remus West, Qantaga, Remus West
Unagi : interrogate bb2112, Qantaga, Remus West
bb2112 : interrogate Qantaga, Remus West
Lassr : interrogate Qantaga, Remus West
stessier : interrogate Qantaga, Remus West
El Guapo : interrogate Scoop20906

Currently Targeted:
Remus West(5): Unagi, Newcastle, Lassr, bb2112, stessier
Scoop20906(1): El Guapo

Majority: 6/10
No vote registered: Chaosraven, Qantaga, Remus West, Scoop20906

Deadline: 9PM EST, Wednesday, 01 February 2012.[/b]
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote: My concern is if we vote for scoop (who is on our list of people's info we want) you'll simply back out tomorrow and go "nee-neer, nee-neer" to us tomorrow.

simply put...fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me...

First, with everything you know about me, do I honestly strike you as a "nee-neer, nee-neer" guy?

Second, based on Unagi's reaction, it seems he's less than pleased with a Scoop interrogation.
Newcastle wrote: scoop (who is on our list of people's info we want)

Third, If you want Scoop's info, I don't see why it is a bad interrogation for you, especially given Unagi's reaction.

Newcastle, is your answer an official Blusterberg response? Or a personal one?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Well, as long as Unagi is happy with the choice.

Scoop 

I'm not sure if the rest of my team is going to be available to vote between now and the deadline. Some of them kind of pissed and are rebelling out of principle. Remus would have been the easy choice since he is already on the cusp, but with 3 hours left, we can try a run at Scoop. If it doesn't work, we may need to switch back to Remus.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:
First, with everything you know about me, do I honestly strike you as a "nee-neer, nee-neer" guy?
IMHO, absolutely not. I think you are trying to find the best path, and I for one appreciate the olive branch. Thank you.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote: If it doesn't work, we may need to switch back to Remus.

I will go to Remus with you, if we can't reach consensus with Scoop.

Scoop 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Qantaga-

i think you're a swell guy. first off. Anything, reputation wise and disgruntled-ness stems from the actions within this game.

Look at it from our perspective, you guys have been teasing us and then backtracking in this game like a waffling politician. First its one thing, then its another. I think we've been pretty up to snuff with our word and actions. But you guys keep on moving the goal post and want to run the game how you want it. And its been that way for the last 4 turns.

Next- We have no guarantee that you will let us get remus 2nd bit of info.

Next - I'll let you peak under the hood of BB right now, we already have 1 scan of Scoop, we dont want a 50% chance for duplicate information.

We have also been deliberating on our forum as to who is your mole, and scoop is a leading candidate. Hence his info is least trustworthy.

If we go after scoop for the next 2 days, that 1 bit of info we get and need.

IF we go after remus today, we get 1 bit of info....if we go after scoop tomorrow thats a 50% chance we get a duplicate piece of info, and are only guaranteed of 100% info on the 3rd day.

We want new info.

FYI - we only got 4 correct again on our submission.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

remus 

i will not be moving my vote to scoop...sorry, we've bent over backwards in this game for you folks.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote: Look at it from our perspective, you guys have been teasing us and then backtracking in this game like a waffling politician. First its one thing, then its another. I think we've been pretty up to snuff with our word and actions. But you guys keep on moving the goal post and want to run the game how you want it. And its been that way for the last 4 turns. .

At game's end, we will all finally be able to feel each other's pain.

I'm sure you are frustrated by the last four interrogations.

However, if you step back and look at the game, you have an advantage and we have a very different advantage.

Your advantage is that you have had a pure forum with four players able to share clues and direct scans.

Our advantage is that we have had the numbers to prevent an interrogation of one of our own players.

While we are both upset with our own disadvantages, I will tell you that I would gladly trade you our numbers advantage for a pure forum. You have only 4 correct. We are not even in a position to submit a solution yet. If our handler were to do so, he says that he could only be sure of having 2 correct.

I know my perspective is biased, but I have no recollection of teasing and backtracking whatsoever. I have been very upfront with you concerning our disadvantage in this game.

I fear that your scan of Remus will give KIM the game.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Qantaga wrote: I fear that your interrogation of Remus will give KIM the game.

Fixed.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop 

We can always torture him tomorrow and thus know for certain if his Clues are good or not if we are worried about KIM. I do not see the game going further than that really so if he is not KIM then losing an agent shouldn't be that big a deal since there won't be a long term to bite us.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I just think we've been very accomodating to your team this game Qantaga. Throughout today the goal posts have been moved by your ever restricting on who you "may" vote for.

I was burned by the fact that I was hoping you guys would vote for one of our choosing a few days ago; instead you guys made a play at stessiers 2nd clue...so to be honest, i really have no desire to vote for one of your choosing...but rather one that we want. I kind of thought this might happen, when we got on the mole hunt, that would suffocate any other choice for clues.

Also - keep in mind the mole needs to be home on the park bench w/ Unagi in order for them to submit a decission. Once he is removed, you guys will have to act super fast to solve this thing.

Again, I am open to voting scoop tomorro, and the day after. Today, I want Remus. I think it's only fair, and i am willing to push this into a deadlock and have our handlers skip a turn to prove that.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Keep in mind a few things from my lonely KIM side of things.

My interest is to keep you guys Both from running away with things, and right now I am very much behind the Blusterberg efforts, over GS... I've done my damage over there, you guys are sailing pretty.

Next, I have NOTHING from my partner mole. Right now, you can bet your ass I am behind you all... but....
Qantaga wrote:Your advantage is that you have had a pure forum with four players able to share clues and direct scans.
That's an advantage only until that advantage vanishes in thin air, and that point will indeed come to pass, HOPEFULLY SOON, Morocco.

If you look at KIM as being ahead right now, due to what position I will be in when the mole finally joins me, it goes to say that GS must also accept that the entire "but the mole is keeping us from knowing our own Clues!" defense isn't valid.
Qantaga wrote:Our advantage is that we have had the numbers to prevent an interrogation of one of our own players.
Yeah, that was a big advantage, and it won't ever vanish, or really ever be made up for.
Qantaga wrote:I fear that your scan of Remus will give KIM the game.
If that was the case, why didn't my partner help with that vote. It's one of a NUMBER of missing facts I need to fill in. It's not handing me the game remotely.

In fact, it's more apparent that I actually don't need the Remus scan.

I'm not moving my vote to Scoop, I would much rather just scan him a second time, and instead we work on the rest of the GS 'half-interrogations'.

Remus West 

Last edited by Unagi on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:I just think we've been very accomodating to your team this game Qantaga.
Ya think? stessier handed them 2 clues from 1 source, in a row - their chosing. Totally trusted clues. The quid pro quo would have been Qantaga giving YOU guys a totally trusted clue and closure on one of their actual agents. (yes, yes, and KIM too - and WAIT, that then would have handed me the game....)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I just think we've been very accomodating to your team this game Qantaga.
Ya think? stessier handed them 2 clues from 1 source, in a row - their chosing. Totally trusted clues. The quid pro quo would have been Qantaga giving YOU guys a totally trusted clue and closure on one of their actual agents. (yes, yes, and KIM too - and WAIT, that then would have handed me the game....)
I agree, which is why I am not changing my vote here. Yesterday was the day to really nut up (dont you love that phrase) and look long term and honor the bargain we were trying to get the day prior.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Withdraw Scoop 

I will be here well before the deadline.

If 2 of {stess, Lassr, Chaos} think Scoop is the best bet, I will cast my vote on Scoop before the deadline.

If stess or Lassr (I'm not counting on Chaos showing up before the deadline) indicates that they will not vote for Scoop, I will cast my vote on Remus before the deadline.

If the deadline becomes imminent and bb2112 changes his vote from Scoop to Remus, I will cast my vote on Remus before the deadline.
Grundbegriff

STATUS

Post by Grundbegriff »

Aggregate vote history:
Unagi wd bb2112(0)
Unagi wd Qantaga(4)
Newcastle wd Qantaga(3)
Lassr wd Qantaga(2)
bb2112 wd Qantaga(1)
stessier wd Qantaga(0)
bb2112 wd Remus West(4)
bb2112 to interrogate Scoop20906(2)
Qantaga to interrogate Scoop20906(3)
Remus West to interrogate Scoop20906(4)
Qantaga wd Scoop20906(3)

Individual vote history:
bb2112 : interrogate Qantaga, Remus West, Scoop20906
Qantaga : interrogate Scoop20906
Remus West : interrogate Scoop20906

Currently Targeted:
Remus West(4): Unagi, Newcastle, Lassr, stessier
Scoop20906(3): El Guapo, bb2112, Remus West

No vote registered: Chaosraven, Qantaga, Scoop20906

:ninja:

Deadline: 9PM EST, Wednesday, 01 February 2012.[/b]
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newcastle

Re: STATUS

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote: Currently Targeted:
Remus West(4): Unagi, Newcastle, Lassr, bb2112, stessier
Scoop20906(3): El Guapo, bb2112, Remus West

[/color]

dang BB how you finagle it so you got 2 votes?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Qantaga wrote: Withdraw Scoop 

I will be here well before the deadline.

If 2 of {stess, Lassr, Chaos} think Scoop is the best bet, I will cast my vote on Scoop before the deadline.

If stess or Lassr (I'm not counting on Chaos showing up before the deadline) indicates that they will not vote for Scoop, I will cast my vote on Remus before the deadline.

If the deadline becomes imminent and bb2112 changes his vote from Scoop to Remus, I will cast my vote on Remus before the deadline.

Q- i can guarantee you that Lassr & Stessier wont change their minds and vote Scoop...they are sticking on Remus. They are lot more hardline than me this whole game. They wont be changing their mind. They dont mind sacrificing the night scan over this.

You might as well move your vote over to Remus now.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus 

it is an hour out and it doesn't look like either team is showing up. So I'm going back Remus.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I just want to point out how unstrategic and cooperative I am being. :?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm here. I'll vote Remus in a moment.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Testing for time stamp of my clock v. the OO clock.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West 

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

INTERNATIONAL HERALD EXAMINER wrote:At the United Nations today, the representative from China assured the gathered delegates that China has no plans in relation to Kashmir at this time.
Grundbegriff

Day TEN

Post by Grundbegriff »

Aggregate vote history:
Unagi wd bb2112(0)
Unagi wd Qantaga(4)
Newcastle wd Qantaga(3)
Lassr wd Qantaga(2)
bb2112 wd Qantaga(1)
stessier wd Qantaga(0)
bb2112 wd Remus West(4)
bb2112 to interrogate Scoop20906(2)
Qantaga to interrogate Scoop20906(3)
Remus West to interrogate Scoop20906(4)
Qantaga wd Scoop20906(3)
bb2112 wd Scoop20906(2)
bb2112 to interrogate Remus West(5)
Qantaga to interrogate Remus West(6)

Individual vote history:
bb2112 : interrogate Qantaga, Remus West, Scoop20906, Remus West
Qantaga : interrogate Scoop20906, Remus West
Remus West : interrogate Scoop20906

Currently Targeted:
Remus West(6): Unagi, Newcastle, Lassr, stessier, bb2112, Qantaga
Scoop20906(2): El Guapo, Remus West

No vote registered: Chaosraven, Scoop20906

Voting is closed.
Grundbegriff

Night

Post by Grundbegriff »

Enlarge Image

It's almost closing time at Svatá Klára.

Near the center of the room, a waiter approaches the table where Remus West dines alone.

"Desert, sir?"

"The threatening nation does not wish to derail the peace process!" blurts Remus, rising halfway from his seat.

"Sir?"

"I'm sorry. Nothing," explains Remus. "You startled me."

"I beg your pardon, sir. I was inquiring whether you would care for desert."

"No, thank you. Just a coffee. Decaf."

It is night
Union Bag, Rolf, Turtleneck, and Cardigan: Whom will you scan (by OO name)?
Turtleneck or Cardigan: Will you flee to the Drop Point?
Turtleneck or Cardigan: Will you block anyone (by OO name)?