[WW-Monty Python]Remus' first game - END ENGLISH WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm comfortable being the deciding vote against ezmate. However, lynching another Englishman will look awfully bad for Grund and will really hurt the English.

ezmate
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
brettmcd wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
brettmcd wrote:Hmm grund at one time considered voting for a known englishman to be the sign of a snail eater... then for a time he votes for a known englishman, Kelric....
Now why might I have done that?
Because it is to your benefit as a frenchie to limit the number of people those of us who are loyal english subjects can trust.
Then why don't you suspect ezmate as well?
I have more then one suspect, but grund is by far my top one for the reasons ive posted throughout the game.
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Ezmate has been given his walking papers. Crappy. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You've being blinded by Grund, I tell you. Murderers! Have you no conscience?!

(PR turns around and opens a stand... Starts selling tickets to Ezmate's execution for 1 gold coin a piece.)
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

One thing to think about ezmate was at 5 votes and said he wouldnt be able to post until tonight because of work. So if he is Maynard or another special, he will have no chance to tell us so if we lynch him right now. One of you might want to retract a vote to allow him that chance. Just something to think about.
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

brettmcd wrote:One thing to think about ezmate was at 5 votes and said he wouldnt be able to post until tonight because of work. So if he is Maynard or another special, he will have no chance to tell us so if we lynch him right now. One of you might want to retract a vote to allow him that chance. Just something to think about.
Actually, good idea.

I withdraw my vote of ezmate for now
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Got my best suit and my tie
Shiny silver dollar on either eye
I hear the chauffeur comin' to the door
Says there's room for maybe just one more . . .
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Kelric wrote:
brettmcd wrote:One thing to think about ezmate was at 5 votes and said he wouldnt be able to post until tonight because of work. So if he is Maynard or another special, he will have no chance to tell us so if we lynch him right now. One of you might want to retract a vote to allow him that chance. Just something to think about.
Actually, good idea.

I withdraw my vote of ezmate for now
Noooooo! You're killing my business over here!
Fear the Wiki!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

At the same time, he a) was advocating the killing of a known Englishman, and b) he might use the delay as a chance to lie about being a special and muddy the waters even more. Why suggest a delay?
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

pr0ner wrote:
Why suggest a delay?
protecting his own kind? :ninja:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

ezmate

Do it, Remus! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

(PR tries to sell tickets to the execution as quickly as possible)
Fear the Wiki!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm tempted to withdraw my vote and keep doing it until ezmate gets home from work and run the odds of Remus catching me in a lynch vote moment. ;)

I wish I had Grundbegriff to tell me what to do.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Ladies and gentlemen, come and watch a real live execution.. Just a gold coin. Right over here!

And to get us nice and ready for tonight's festivity.. Here are the Knights of Camelot performing... well, Camelot:

(A bunch of knights jump onstage and start singing and dancing:)

We're Knights of the Round Table.
We dance whene'er we're able.
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable.
We dine well here in Camelot.
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
We're Knights of the Round Table.
Our shows are formidable,
But many times we're given rhymes
That are quite unsingable.
We're opera mad in Camelot.
We sing from the diaphragm a lot.

In war we're tough and able,
Quite indefatigable.
Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable.
It's a busy life in Camelot.

I have to push the pram a lot.

(PR keeps selling tickets)
Fear the Wiki!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Mr Bubbles - Dead
2. UsulofDoom -
3. pr0ner - ezmate
4. ChrisGrenard -
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric - ezmate
7. brettmcd - Grundbegriff
8. ArmyOfOne - ezmate
9. Lassr - ezmate
10. ezmate - Kelric
11. Orinoco - Dead
12. PR_GMR - Grundbegriff
13. Chaosraven - Dead
14. Grundbegriff - ezmate
15. Kraegor - ezmate
16. Ralph-Wiggum - ezmate

Players remaining 12. Majority is 7.

Grundbegriff - 2
ezmate - 7
Kelric - 1

Voting is closed. Write up forthcoming.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Well, thanks for waiting. My final words are this:

Way to go, English-brain-trust!

Grund is damned french-smelling!

And finally,

Where I go, destruction will follow!
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Oh hell...two more things:

Killing Robin is still the right thing to do (unless Maynard comes forward with a Frenchy).

I'm not a special. Just a normal, run-of-the-mill Englishman.

I will laugh at you all if Robin runs away tonight.
Where I go, destruction will follow!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

He asked calmly for more time. He told them he wanted to talk. They told him to die. Then they said maybe later though. They kicked it around a bit. Then patience, just as it seemed to be making headway, took a kick to the crotch and fell silent. ezmate sat quietly off by himself toiling through his daily grind planning for a future he no longer had. They snuck up behind him. They hit him with a brick. Then they set to stabbing him repeatedly. After a bit they looked at their work.
"Hey isn't that a red dragon tatoo on his ankle over there?" noted one of them
"Hey, there is one on his shoulder as well." shouted another from across the field.

Indeed, ezmate's corpse was covered in tatoos showing his faith in England and his King. ezmate was English.

IT IS NIGHT
Maynard may question
Lancelot may protect
French must kill

Feel free to make any baseless accusations you would like during the night.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Remus West wrote:He asked calmly for more time. He told them he wanted to talk. They told him to die. Then they said maybe later though. They kicked it around a bit. Then patience, just as it seemed to be making headway, took a kick to the crotch and fell silent. ezmate sat quietly off by himself toiling through his daily grind planning for a future he no longer had. They snuck up behind him. They hit him with a brick. Then they set to stabbing him repeatedly. After a bit they looked at their work.
"Hey isn't that a red dragon tatoo on his ankle over there?" noted one of them
"Hey, there is one on his shoulder as well." shouted another from across the field.

Indeed, ezmate's corpse was covered in tatoos showing his faith in England and his King. ezmate was English.

IT IS NIGHT
Maynard may question
Lancelot may protect
French must kill

Feel free to make any baseless accusations you would like during the night.
If it is not clear now that grund is a frenchie manipulating us to kill the english nothing will ever be clear.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Well, if Grund isn't killed tonight, there's a good chance he'll be lynched tomorrow.

edit: And I still don't see how killing Kelric would've been better. We'd be exchanging a known Englishman for an unknown Englishman.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
ezmate wrote:I vote to lynch Kelric.
Grund, cue the accusations of my Frenchness.
I find your argument persuasive.
Please subscribe me to your newsletter.

Withdraw vote against Kelric.

Can none of you see ezmate's insidiousness?
So, you're either one manipulative French bastard or a sneaky English SOB.
you bastard. :doh:
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Is it too soon to vote for Grund? :evil:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Yeah, I think we're all pretty sure where the next vote is going.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

P.P.S. There are two things going against Grund and one thing helping him. The evidence that suggests he might be French:

1). He's been wrong twice now. And one would expect that Grund would be the most discerning of us.

2). He hasn't been killed. If I was French, wouldn't I want to kill Grund as soon as possible knowing his perceptive abilities?

The thing going for Grund:

1). His claim to be Tim. The chances Tim was dead were slim when he made the claim. It takes a lot of balls to claim to be someone when there's a damn good chance that person is still alive and can nuke you.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:ezmate was English.
Interesting.

ez, your following Grenard regardless of your own arguments and aiming for Englishmen were tactical blunders. They drew my suspicion, and not only mine.

01. Frenchman = (Living)
02. Frenchman = (Living)
03. Frenchman = (Living)
04. Lancelot = (Living?)
05. Concorde = (Living)
06. Dennis = (Living) Chris Grenard
07. Englishman#1 = (Dead) Mr Bubbles (confirmed)
08. Englishman#2 = (Dead) Cesare (hypothetical)
09. Englishman#3 = (Dead) Orinoco (hypothetical)
10. Englishman#4 = (Dead) Chaosraven (hypothetical)
11. Englishman#5 = (Dead) ezmate (confirmed)
12. Englishman#6 = ?
13. Englishman#7 = ?
14. Maynard = ?
15. Robin = Kelric
16. Tim = Grundbegriff

Dead English(6): Cesare, Orinoco, Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles, ezmate, tonight's-victim
Living English(7): Chris Grenard, Kelric, Grundbegriff, w, x, y, z
Living French(3): q, r, s

Masked identities: ArmyOfOne, brettmcd, Kraegor, Lassr, pr0ner, PR_GMR, Ralph-Wiggum, UsulofDoom <-- three of these are French

w =
x =
y =
z =
q =
r =
s =

We have 11 people. 3 of them are French. 8 of them are English-- soon to be 7 unless the French select Lance or Concorde.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:P.P.S. There are two things going against Grund and one thing helping him. The evidence that suggests he might be French:

1). He's been wrong twice now. And one would expect that Grund would be the most discerning of us.

2). He hasn't been killed. If I was French, wouldn't I want to kill Grund as soon as possible knowing his perceptive abilities?

The thing going for Grund:

1). His claim to be Tim. The chances Tim was dead were slim when he made the claim. It takes a lot of balls to claim to be someone when there's a damn good chance that person is still alive and can nuke you.
He was one vote from being lynched when that happened, he gambled and won.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grundbegriff wrote: Masked identities: Grundbegriff, ArmyOfOne, brettmcd, Kraegor, Lassr, pr0ner, PR_GMR, Ralph-Wiggum, UsulofDoom <-- three of these are French
You're right. Tomorrow might be a good time to blow up a suspect Grund as you're going to get lynched anyways. Might as well prove yourself right once in this game and I'm willing to let you take the chance at hitting a Frenchie. It can make or break the game.

Tonight, an Englishman gets killed. Let's say it isn't a special for sake of argument or that the specials are already dead.

3 French, 6 English

Tomorrow, you blow yourself and someone into smithereens and we lynch someone else. Worst case everybody involved is English.

3 French and 3 English and the French win

Best case, we get two French and have

1 French, 5 English

Anything in between is acceptable to me. If you don't blow a suspect up, then we can just go ahead and lynch you anyways and have almost full confidence that you're French. (You may be another Englishman bluffing your Timness to stay alive..... but I doubt it.)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

"If it is not clear now that grund is a frenchie manipulating us to kill the english nothing will ever be clear. "

"Well, if Grund isn't killed tonight, there's a good chance he'll be lynched tomorrow."

"you bastard."

"Is it too soon to vote for Grund?"

"Yeah, I think we're all pretty sure where the next vote is going."
Yeah, yeah. Thing is, I'm Tim-- my death sooner or later will prove that. If the English don't buy into the fact that I'm Tim, it'll be very difficult to decode who the actual French are.

Errrrg. Analyzing....
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

<---- still dead
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Chaosraven wrote:<---- still dead
Thank Tom.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kelric wrote:3 French, 6 English
I think that's 3 French, 7 English. There were 12, minus ezmate = 11, minus tonight's death = 10 (unless the French choose Concorde).
Kelric wrote:Tomorrow, you blow yourself and someone into smithereens and we lynch someone else. Worst case everybody involved is English.
I haven't been doing a very good job of discerning the French, Kelric. I've given a pass to people like Ralph-Wiggum and brettmcd, while casting suspicion on pr0ner, Lassr, and UsulofDoom.

Whom do you think I should blow up, if I follow the course you describe?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote:
Thank Tom.
:evil:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Kelric wrote:
Thank Tom.
:evil:
Shut up! You're dead now so just SHUT UP! What? Still the wrong movie? Damn it. Nothing to see here people. Move along. Thats right keep going.

You really should thank the Salmon Mousse.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Kelric wrote:3 French, 6 English
I think that's 3 French, 7 English. There were 12, minus ezmate = 11, minus tonight's death = 10 (unless the French choose Concorde).
Kelric wrote:Tomorrow, you blow yourself and someone into smithereens and we lynch someone else. Worst case everybody involved is English.
I haven't been doing a very good job of discerning the French, Kelric. I've given a pass to people like Ralph-Wiggum and brettmcd, while casting suspicion on pr0ner, Lassr, and UsulofDoom.

Noone, as you are obviously french now and have no power to blow anyone up, the person with that power is already dead, you impersonator.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grundbegriff wrote:I haven't been doing a very good job of discerning the French, Kelric. I've given a pass to people like Ralph-Wiggum and brettmcd, while casting suspicion on pr0ner, Lassr, and UsulofDoom.

I don't really care as long as it isn't Grenard or myself. I think almost anybody on that list can be French. Flip a coin if you'd like. I haven't done a very good job in this game either (even ignoring my absence) and I'd like to apologize to the rest of my English team for that. I like to consider myself a better player than I have been so far. I think I do best as a bad guy, but ah well.

But if you can't blow one of them up, it's a pretty strong chance that it's because you're French so you'll be leaving the game anyways. I'm sure you'd like to leave on your time with your own victim as Tim rather than being unceremoniously lynched as a Frenchman. If you are French, that was a high reward/low risk gamble that paid off for you and to me at least the odds seemed to be completely against it.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kelric wrote:I don't really care as long as it isn't Grenard or myself. I think almost anybody on that list can be French. Flip a coin if you'd like. I haven't done a very good job in this game either
Well, I'd hate to contribute to breaking your winning streak, so let's work this thing out.

First, are you sure you're Robin? :D
But if you can't blow one of them up, it's a pretty strong chance that it's because you're French so you'll be leaving the game anyways. I'm sure you'd like to leave on your time with your own victim as Tim
Indeed. My one hesitation is that Tim actually is more valuable as an ordinary Englishman who gets accidentally lynched than as a guy who kills someone and then wanders away.

Here again is how that argument goes.

Suppose there are 5 English and 3 French.

(a) If Tim kills a Frenchy and then wanders away, we're at 4 English and 2 French. Then the French kill someone, making 3 English and 2 French for the next day.

(b) In contrast, if Tim stays and the crowd simply lynches the Frenchman Tim would've blown up, we're at 5 English and 2 French. Then the French kill someone, making 4 English and 2 French for the next day.

The problem, in a nutshell, is that as soon as I blow someone up, I have to walk away (which is virtually the same as dying, as far as population goes).

The one thing that weighs in favor of my blowing up (and using up that extra life) is that it clarifies what has been going on. Is losing a turn (scenario (a), so to speak) worth it for that clarity?

Best case scenario, Maynard comes forward with a Frenchman tomorrow and sheds some light.

Edit: OK, I have a proposal. If Maynard doesn't come forward tomorrow with a testable Frenchman in hand, then I propose that we all vote to lynch me (to avoid specials, to gain knowledge, etc.), and that I blow up someone we choose by consensus.

Thoughts?
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

What did I tell you?

Grundbegriff's a stink-ass Frenchie!!!

I take great comfort in the fact I never voted for ezmate, and stood, unpersuated, on my vote for Grund.

Now, if you excuse me.. I'm going to spend my profits in some Good Olde Whores!

(PR walks away... eating some Mondongo.)
Fear the Wiki!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Well, if we were selecting Frenchman on the theory that they decided to play an in-your-face, hiding-in-plain-sight game, then the Frenchmen would be brettmcd, PR_GMR, and Ralph-Wiggum, eh? :)
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Grundbegriff wrote:Well, if we were selecting Frenchman on the theory that they decided to play an in-your-face, hiding-in-plain-sight game, then the Frenchmen would be brettmcd, PR_GMR, and Ralph-Wiggum, eh? :)
I have done nothing to support the french in my votes, they have been consistantly for you snail boy.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

brettmcd wrote:I have done nothing to support the french in my votes
Sure you have-- you've consistently voted against me, even though I'm Tim. Casting doubt on my-- even more than I cast on myself ;) -- harms us and helps the French.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

awesome we are turning into a real lynch mob.