Smalland: Survive the Wilds [Early Access Survivalcraft]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Smalland: Survive the Wilds [Early Access Survivalcraft]

Post by coopasonic »

After finishing up Avatar: A Far Cry Experience, I needed something to play so picked this up on a whim.

It has been in Early Access for about 9 months, but what is in the game so far is very solid and problem-free (based on my experience). I played pretty much all of the current content in co-op with my son and there were no issues with anything that we noticed. It's very reminiscent of Grounded, being small creatures in a giant world. In this game you are some kind of fae creatures, rather than shrunken humans. You can't swim, but you eventually get crafted wings and can befriend a few different creatures, like grasshoppers, lizards, damselflies for traversal. It's standard survival craft go to different areas collect materials to craft weapons and armor to fight bosses and repeat in the next area and the next and the next. I think the combat is better than Grounded. it also lets you customize your character, unlike Grounded with 4 fixed player character options.

It took us about 18 hours to get through what is in the game currently. I have no idea if there well be more to the final game, but I hope so. Even if that was it, I feel it was well worth the $24 I paid, but keep in mind i LOVE survivalcraft games, particularly in co-op so consider me biased.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Re: Smalland: Survive the Wilds [Early Access Survivalcraft]

Post by Daehawk »

Looks kinda neat. Little high for yet another early access survival / build game. must be 20 dozen by now.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"