Anticipated 2024 Releases - what are you excited for?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

naednek

Re: Anticipated 2024 Releases - what are you excited for?

Post by naednek »

naednek wrote:
Max Peck wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:03 pm
naednek wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:07 pm
Max Peck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:09 pm
naednek wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:24 pm it's cute you think Indiana Jones and the Star Wars game is coming out in 24 Image
Officially they're both slated for 2024 releases (I checked before I added them). Sure, there's plenty of time for them to be delayed, but that's true for any game that isn't actually released yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yes, they are listed, but you know it's going to get pushed at least once:)
By this reasoning nobody should be anticipating any releases because any game can be pushed back at any time, so you should be mocking the existence of the entire thread. :coffee:
yes, you got it :)
I still doubt it Image

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Dragon's Dogma 2 and Dragon's Dogma 2 and Dragon's Dogma 2 and Dragon's Dogma 2. I can't waitttttt......
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've been thinking I might like to try this BG3 that everyone prattles on about. I'm always at least a year or two behind the curve.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm
Baroquen wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 pm I have Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (the Suikoden spiritual successor) pre-ordered.
I was initially interested in this. However, I tried the version that's out now, Eiyuden Chronicles Rising, that is some sort of prequel(?) and came away entirely unimpressed. Felt like a hundred other bland, generic, low-budget JRPGs on the market.

Maybe the full version is something different, but the "Rising" version certainly didn't impress.
From what I understand, Rising isn't anything like what Hundred Heroes will be it terms of scale and gameplay. Rising is a throwaway side-scrolling RPG lite. And Heroes is supposed to be very much like Suikoden. If I recall, (and don't quote me on this one), Rising may have been a stretch goal for Heroes' Kickstarter? Or something like that?

But yeah, I wasn't impressed with Rising either.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Baroquen wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:21 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:22 pm
Baroquen wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 pm I have Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (the Suikoden spiritual successor) pre-ordered.
I was initially interested in this. However, I tried the version that's out now, Eiyuden Chronicles Rising, that is some sort of prequel(?) and came away entirely unimpressed. Felt like a hundred other bland, generic, low-budget JRPGs on the market.

Maybe the full version is something different, but the "Rising" version certainly didn't impress.
From what I understand, Rising isn't anything like what Hundred Heroes will be it terms of scale and gameplay. Rising is a throwaway side-scrolling RPG lite. And Heroes is supposed to be very much like Suikoden. If I recall, (and don't quote me on this one), Rising may have been a stretch goal for Heroes' Kickstarter? Or something like that?

But yeah, I wasn't impressed with Rising either.
Good to know.

Odd that they would put it out as a "first impression" of the game, as I imagine it could turn people off if it's way different than the full version that comes later.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.