Take Two to scale back

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordMortis

Take Two to scale back

Post by LordMortis »

You know how in February Take Two said there were no plans to lay people off and scale back? Well, they lied.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/grand ... n-b2dd3142
‘Grand Theft Auto’ maker Take-Two to cut jobs, cancel games in cost-cutting plan

Videogame maker Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. said late Tuesday it will lay off about 5% of its workforce, cancel games and end projects as it aims to save about $165 million a year.

Take-Two TTWO said in a filing that the plan, already approved by its board, also calls for finding “efficiencies” across its business and boosting profit margins.
Sucks for the people. For me it won't have much effect. I seem to play independent games almost exclusively. I can't even remember the last Take Two game I purchased. Maybe it will even benefit me if it moves more people to smaller titles... or maybe not...
Unagi

Re: Take Two to scale back

Post by Unagi »

Wait.

They employ 12,000 people ??
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

And here I thought this was a video game where a doctor is telling you to reduce your medication.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GTA VI is ready to print money. Or tank. Either way they don't need all those employees fucking up their already poor margins.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT