Colorado OO get-Together!! (This one's for you, Lee!)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

MHS

Colorado OO get-Together!! (This one's for you, Lee!)

Post by MHS »

Who, when, where?

Let's hear some ideas. Has to be somewhere with good micro-brew beer for our new friend Lee (formerly LeeAbe) to enjoy.

Maybe the weekend of November 20th? Kind of stuck between the Veteran's Day weekend and Thanksgiving?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Isn't Lee in Wyoming?
And will Kratz or Enough be there?
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
MHS

Post by MHS »

Lee IS in Wyoming, yes, but he's right on the border of our fine state and therefore could probably make something in the Boulder area (that was my understanding at least).

Can't speak for Enough or Kratz... Enough always says he'll come but stands us up (and I keep falling for it- it's just like high school!) and Kratzer hates us all.

But you should still come, Eduardo. We don't get to see enough of you and you'll be deserting us for colder parts soon. :(
Enough

Post by Enough »

MHS wrote:Lee IS in Wyoming, yes, but he's right on the border of our fine state and therefore could probably make something in the Boulder area (that was my understanding at least).

Can't speak for Enough or Kratz... Enough always says he'll come but stands us up (and I keep falling for it- it's just like high school!) and Kratzer hates us all.

But you should still come, Eduardo. We don't get to see enough of you and you'll be deserting us for colder parts soon. :(
Umm, you might want to revisit with hubby why Enough didn't show up for the last one. Hint: I would have come if I had received the logistical info on the fine gathering. But no, I'm not bitter at all. :P :)
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I'm coming! I hear I get a free Gamecube out of it....
-AttAdude
MHS

Post by MHS »

Eduardo, I can get your GC to you sooner, if you don't want to wait 3 weeks.

And Enough, I'll personally send you a written map and details if that's what it takes! :)

Edited because contractions are tricky... :P
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

MHS, I think you meant to type "can" but I'm not sure....
-AttAdude
MHS

Post by MHS »

Edited, thanks Eduardo. Sorry for the confusion. :)
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

MHS wrote:... Kratzer hates us all.
Hasn't the fire had enough fuel thrown on it for one week? :)
Enough

Post by Enough »

MHS wrote:Eduardo, I can't get your GC to you sooner, if you don't want to wait 3 weeks.

And Enough, I'll personally send you a written map and details if that's what it takes! :)
If it's on a date that works for us to attend receiving directions of any kind would be an improvement over last time. :lol: Don't worry I'm not mad about it, I just wanted to clarify that the last gathering I made an effort to attend but never got any details of where the heck I was supposed to go in order to attend. Seriously, I do hope that it works out this time so I can finally meet the Colorado crew. :D
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Let's get a good "I'm interested" list before we go too far down the location portion. If we don't hear from our traditional southern friends (Shaggy Doug from Castle Rock) then I wouldn't feel too badly about having something further north to accomodate our Wyoming and Fort Collins guests. If Head and DougA and ShaggyDoug and jadedcritic all chime in that they're interested, but want something closer to home (and who'd blame 'em?) then maybe we should rethink centering activities in Boulder.

November 20th works for me. I'd prefer something on the weekend so I don't have to worry about work the next day.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

Yeah, see... November 20th IS a weekend. It is a Saturday.

Hey, I think you should all come to Ft. Collins to see us play with the Dwarves on the 18th! Or the 21st in Ft. Collins w/ the Last Vegas.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Hmm...$248 round trip from BWI to Denver leaving Nov 18 and returning Nov 21.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

Heh... I guess I misread Meal's post. I thought he said 'THOUGH i'd rather do something on the weekend'
MHS

Post by MHS »

Kratz wrote:Yeah, see... November 20th IS a weekend. It is a Saturday.

Hey, I think you should all come to Ft. Collins to see us play with the Dwarves on the 18th! Or the 21st in Ft. Collins w/ the Last Vegas.
You need to start playing on nights that aren't school nights. Or at least where it's a reasonable drive if it's a school night.
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

You do realize it's like 30 minutes from your house to Ft. Collins, right? :)
MHS

Post by MHS »

Umm, no, I didn't. I thought it was closer to a 2-hour drive.

/me is geographically ignorant and embarrased by it :oops:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The 20th works for me.

If there is any interest, I don't mind volunteering my home (and hot tub) for some or all of the festivities.

Enough, sorry about the snafu last time. I don't recall the specific details, but I did try to email you (I can't remember why you didn't get the info).

Daniel
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

siljanus wrote:Hmm...$248 round trip from BWI to Denver leaving Nov 18 and returning Nov 21.
No excuses. First beer's on me. Then I'll buy you one you can actually drink.

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote:
siljanus wrote:Hmm...$248 round trip from BWI to Denver leaving Nov 18 and returning Nov 21.
No excuses. First beer's on me. Then I'll buy you one you can actually drink.

~Neal
Actually, $248 is within my price range. I think the last time y'all had a gathering I was interested in attending the price was a bit higher. How far are you folks from Denver since that's where I'd be flying into I guess?

(I am ignoring Meal's very generous offer of drinking beer off his body...)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Everything's a drive from Denver International Airport. Boulder is about 90 minutes. Longmont is about 75. TheMix's place would be about 45 minutes-to-an-hour or so (I'm guessing). Downtown Denver (say we decide to party at Eddy 10's place) would be about 30-45 minutes. Ft. Collins'd be about ninety minutes to two hours.

There's transportation available to Longmont/Boulder -- I believe it runs about $17 one way (a bus arrives every hour) and something like $25-$30 for a round trip. Although if you promised you were coming, I'd bet *someone*'d be willing to pick you up (and not on a Vespa, even).

~Neal
[edit:]blasted typos
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

PS, if you can convince Guido to show up, I'll purchase you a local-brew sixpack of your choice!

~Neal
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Can I be a snack!?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

If you don't mind taking the bus, I've got free bus tickets for out of town visitors.
But, you'd have to get picked up at the airport first. And Neal can do this, I may be able to, depending on how my car is acting.
-AttAdude
DougA

Post by DougA »

I'm interested as always. It would be good to see Eduardo before he heads north.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Just so you all know, I'm leaving now in February or March. My dad has some medical issues he needs help with, so I'm here until that is solved.
Oh, and my sister is having a baby either this month or next, so I'll be a tio times 2!
-AttAdude
khomotso

Post by khomotso »

Edited because contractions are tricky... Razz
For a second there, thought you were being a trooper, posting while in the midst of labor and all that.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Hey Guido, if we both go we can exchange anime! Wheee! (uber-geek mode)
Black lives matter!

Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Who will tell Chris Grenard :?:
-AttAdude
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Eduardo X wrote:Who will tell Chris Grenard :?:
He posted his e-mail so he can easily be told. It would be nice to see him as well.

Edit: I saw some flights for around $222 from National Airport to Denver. Okay, so are hotels reasonably priced in the Denver area? I figure I can always rent a car as well for all or part of the time too!
Black lives matter!

MHS

Post by MHS »

siljanus wrote:
He posted his e-mail so he can easily be told. It would be nice to see him as well.
I already told him via IRC. Then I told him not to tell anyone else. So he'll probably mention it on a web forum somewhere. ;)
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

MHS wrote:
siljanus wrote:
I already told him via IRC. Then I told him not to tell anyone else. So he'll probably mention it on a web forum somewhere. ;)
That is funny.
-AttAdude
Head

Post by Head »

I am so in! My preference would be Denver. For micro-brew beer in Denver, maybe the Rock Bottom Brewery... or...... party at theMix's house (if he ever gets an avatar).

~Head
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

siljanus wrote:Okay, so are hotels reasonably priced in the Denver area? I figure I can always rent a car as well for all or part of the time too!
Silj, as I have offered in the past, I have a guest bedroom that you are welcome to use (with associated computer, Playstation, DVD, and hot tub access).

Also, I live about 2 miles from the Park and Ride - you can catch the Airport bus from there. Let me know if you are interested or need bus times both to and from the airport (my only caution is that the last bus from the airport is around 11:20 pm - I think).

Daniel
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

What a narcissistic bunch we Coloradans are. Each of us is using an avatar of ourselves (excepting those luddites not using an avatar at all). I think khomotso is second hottest.

~Neal
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And why would my lack of Avatar have any effect on the out-come...hmmmm???

(P.S. I'm too lazy to think of something creative for an avatar and welcome any *decent* suggestions) :D
MHS

Post by MHS »

The Meal wrote:What a narcissistic bunch we Coloradans are. Each of us is using an avatar of ourselves (excepting those luddites not using an avatar at all). I think khomotso is second hottest.

~Neal
Yeah, I just changed mine too. I figured if you can stick your tongue out at me, then I can do the same. Course, it makes me look like a dying guppie, but whatever.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Elitists! All of you all! I'm leaving! (this thread)
Austin

Post by Austin »

If I still have the loaner... :P
Head

Post by Head »

MHS.......CHANGE IT BACK!
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.