Colorado OO get-Together!! (This one's for you, Lee!)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote:Saturday at 4pm works fine for me. Boulder works too.

Silj,
You are coming in on Thursday, right? Send me an email with your itinerary. In return I'll provide directions to my house. I have yoga from 7:30 to 8:30 in Boulder which gets me home around 9pm.
Hey there! Actually I'm rolling into town on Friday afternoon. I'll e-mail my flight schedule when I get home tonight!

Thanks!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Austin wrote:
siljanus wrote:
Eduardo X wrote:Its fine with me.
And I turned vegan! That'll be fun for all.
wOOt! Less competition for food if we're trapped in a mountain pass!
Do vegans eat people?
I eat based on consent. If you consent to me eating you... well, you better consent! I'm a hungry motherfucker!
And I've got a sharp knife!
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Eduardo X wrote:
Austin wrote:
siljanus wrote:
Eduardo X wrote:Its fine with me.
And I turned vegan! That'll be fun for all.
wOOt! Less competition for food if we're trapped in a mountain pass!
Do vegans eat people?
I eat based on consent. If you consent to me eating you... well, you better consent! I'm a hungry motherfucker!
And I've got a sharp knife!
I guess "eat me" or "bite my ass" will NOT be on the list of insults I will use when we meet...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Enough

Post by Enough »

Unbelievably I think Saturday is still looking to be a go for my wife and I. Looking forward to meeting you all finally and it's a major added bonus that we will get to enjoy Vespa boy for our profound amusement. ;)

Last weekend we hit the pinball arcade in Lyons, what a hoot! They have added the Cyclone to their massive collection. A true classic, even though it didn't include any multi-ball it remains one of the most addictive tables I have ever played. Looking forward to sneaking in some more silver ball goodness this weekend since Boulder is so close by (on the way home to Fort Collins if you go the scenic and faster way up by the foothills).
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Lee

Post by Lee »

Wow, great post, thanks Meal. As tempted I am to to go to Pearly street for some people pictures, I am very uncomfortable taking pictures of people I don't know. A climb up Sanitas sounds just what I am looking for though. It should give me a chance to try out my new Gitzo tripod. :) Today was beautiful up here, 60 with no wind! Hopefully this weather holds until the weekend.

When you live in Cheyenne, Ft Collins becomes your second home (it's the closest real city) so Estes Park is high on my list of places to go. But like you said this is a really drab time of year so I am holding off until Spring. Early next year I plan to be all over CO and WY on hiking/photo adventures.

Looking forward to this weekend and meeting every one. Should be great fun. It will be even better if I can free dental advice from Enough. :D
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Enough wrote:Unbelievably I think Saturday is still looking to be a go for my wife and I. Looking forward to meeting you all finally and it's a major added bonus that we will get to enjoy Vespa boy for our profound amusement. ;)
I'm your private dancer, a dancer for money
I'll do what you want me to do
I'm your private dancer, a dancer for money
And any old music will do

Deutch marks or dollars
American Express will do nicely, thank you
Let me loosen up your collar
Tell me, do you wanna see me do the shimmy again?
Black lives matter!

Enough

Post by Enough »

Lee wrote:Looking forward to this weekend and meeting every one. Should be great fun. It will be even better if I can free dental advice from Enough. :D
I would be most happy to share any advice I might have, but alas I am no dentist. I think you may be thinking of Eightball? Or are you referring to an esoteric link I might be forgetting (I know I've posted some dental horror stories, heh)? Just in case/for the record, I work in the field of environmental science and am currently mostly occupied by distributing data and making maps for the locations of threatened and endangered species in Colorado. And I still want to know why Lee's shirt glows in the dark! :)
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Lee

Post by Lee »

Damnit getting people with names that start with E confused! Dumbass! :)

Hmm well you can direct me to some endangered speices to take pictures of, right? Now I have to come with stupid hard drive questions and environmental science questions. :x Not to mention me and Eduardo get to discuss Starforce face to face. :lol:

I had a high tech, top secret military parka on in that picture, I can't tell you the details at this time. Let me have a few beers and maybe I will talk. :)

Anyone talk to Chris G? Is he coming?
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lee wrote:
I e-mailed him a while ago and he should be coming this weekend. If he doesn't I'll have to hunt him down.
Black lives matter!

MHS

Post by MHS »

siljanus wrote:
Lee wrote:
I e-mailed him a while ago and he should be coming this weekend. If he doesn't I'll have to hunt him down.
Last I talked to him, he was coming. I'll confirm this week.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I guess we're still in... even all the way up in Boulder :roll:

Did you pick a place yet?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

As no carb-unfriendlies have piped up, my first choice is Pasta J's. I'll get on the horn and make sure they take reservations for our sized group.

I've received an email from an anonymous curiousity-seeker wondering who is bringing along significant others (likely because this person wants to ensure that their own S.O. will be comfortable). With guests coming into town from both Wyoming and Maryland, I do expect post-dinner activities on the fun side of things, so hopefully you can leverage that information to get your better halves to come along.

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote:As no carb-unfriendlies have piped up, my first choice is Pasta J's. I'll get on the horn and make sure they take reservations for our sized group.

~Neal
You know, with that $1,000,000 bill I'm printing up, price is not an issue... :wink:
Black lives matter!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

You know, with that $1,000,000 bill I'm printing up, price is not an issue...
Have I mentioned how much housing is going to cost you? And I don't make change.... :twisted:

Regarding S.O.'s, just remind the inquirer (or inform) that we don't really spend that much time talking about games. :) So everyone is bound to find something in the conversation to take part in.
MHS

Post by MHS »

TheMix wrote: Regarding S.O.'s, just remind the inquirer (or inform) that we don't really spend that much time talking about games. :)
Soooooo.... you mean, lie?

;)
Head

Post by Head »

Hey MHS,

Whatever happened to your brudder MH?
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Head wrote:Hey MHS,

I'm still here. New name but same old fat bastard. :)
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Amish Warlord wrote:

A just a teenie bit more violent and murderous.
-AttAdude
Lee

Post by Lee »

Looks like snow is in the forecast for the weekend, at least up here it is.

Meal, Sanitas Hill is Boulder Mountain Park right? Is it well marked or I am looking for unmarked trails?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

This site will get you there, and the .pdf file I linked earlier should give you more details if you need them. It's sort of through a residential area to get there, so be sure to print out a few levels of detail in the map. (Parking off of Mapleton can be a bit tricky, but you should be able to manage.) The Sanitas loop goes from the big blue hospital H on the .pdf map (although the Hospital is really over on 4th, I believe).

~Neal
Lee

Post by Lee »

Sorry I didn't look at the pdf before...I was looking at Mapquest's maps of the area. Thanks again for your help.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

More information on Mt. Sanitas here. Also, Lee, I sent you a PM.

I should start calliing around tomorrow (evening?) to finalize things.

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lee wrote:Looks like snow is in the forecast for the weekend, at least up here it is.

Meal, Sanitas Hill is Boulder Mountain Park right? Is it well marked or I am looking for unmarked trails?
Are you looking for a solitary hike or do you want company? I won't take it personally if you want to hike alone since I've been in that kind of mood at times. But if you want a hiking partner perhaps I can join you (unless I'm bushed from the flight in on Fri and worthless and weak from the altitude change).

Edit:
The hike offers either a steep, stair-like climb to the top, or a wider, less steep path.
Hmmm....

Edit 2: Chance of snow, eh? Hmmm....
Black lives matter!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Wuss. :wink:

All the hikes around here offer a steep climb somewhere during the course of the hike. It's par for the course in the Rockies.

And it's very unlikely that we'll see any snow around here - or, if we do, that it'll stick around for very long.

Oh, and MHS, considering that any discussion involving your or your hubby turns to sex pretty quickly (faster if both are involved), wouldn't you agree that it's fair to say that we don't just talk about games? :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote:
Oh, and MHS, considering that any discussion involving your or your hubby turns to sex pretty quickly (faster if both are involved), wouldn't you agree that it's fair to say that we don't just talk about games? :D
Sex games. The best of all worlds.
Black lives matter!

Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I refuse to discuss Virtual Valerie. I refuse.
-AttAdude
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Eduardo X wrote:I refuse to discuss Virtual Valerie. I refuse.
Well, I was aiming more toward sex games with real, breathing folks. Didn't know about Virtual Valerie. How's the lift test on it?
Black lives matter!

Head

Post by Head »

Amish Warlord wrote:

Indeed! Are you having an identity crisis? I'm not sure how to address you now -- maybe just fat bastard.
Frankenstein?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm not sure how to address you now -- maybe just fat bastard.
...I'm pretty sure that's taken already
Lee

Post by Lee »

siljanus wrote:Are you looking for a solitary hike or do you want company? I won't take it personally if you want to hike alone since I've been in that kind of mood at times. But if you want a hiking partner perhaps I can join you (unless I'm bushed from the flight in on Fri and worthless and weak from the altitude change).
Sure that would be great, and anyone else for that matter who's interested in a little excursion. Just don't expect me to be fast, I haven't been doing much exercise since I moved back up here and I get winded climbing a flight of stairs. :oops: Plus I stop a lot for pictures. Just be glad I don't have a good macro lens yet, otherwise I would be laying on the ground constantly getting flower and bug pictures. :)

I actually decided to do the hike Sunday because I am not sure what time I will get into Boulder and I don't want to feel rushed to get ready for our dinner.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lee wrote:
siljanus wrote:Are you looking for a solitary hike or do you want company? I won't take it personally if you want to hike alone since I've been in that kind of mood at times. But if you want a hiking partner perhaps I can join you (unless I'm bushed from the flight in on Fri and worthless and weak from the altitude change).
Sure that would be great, and anyone else for that matter who's interested in a little excursion. Just don't expect me to be fast, I haven't been doing much exercise since I moved back up here and I get winded climbing a flight of stairs. :oops: Plus I stop a lot for pictures. Just be glad I don't have a good macro lens yet, otherwise I would be laying on the ground constantly getting flower and bug pictures. :)

I actually decided to do the hike Sunday because I am not sure what time I will get into Boulder and I don't want to feel rushed to get ready for our dinner.
Excellent! I think Sunday is a good idea! And as long as I'm not the only one who will be slow and winded with buzzards circling over me then I'm on board! I don't mind taking my time either for pics since I haven't been to CO in many years and want to take in the sights.
Black lives matter!

Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm not sure how to address you now -- maybe just fat bastard.
You can call me anything you like. Just don't call me late to dinner. ;)

Badump bah!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

So, What's the verdict?

Are we going to Pasta J's at 4:00 on Saturday?

I haven't seen a confirmation above. I'm trying to make plans.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm in.

I'm also in for hiking on Sunday. Plus I'll need to walk the dog on Saturday afternoon (and, no, that's not an euphemism :P ). I usually take her for a stroll at the dog park. About an hour or so of easy walking. But she would love to try something/somewhere else. There are some short ones in the foothills that we could try... So if anyone is up for something easy on Saturday...

Silj, have you figured out your trip details yet? Just wanted to let you know to page me since I won't be working in my office tomorrow and would miss a phone call (assuming that you got my reply to your PM).
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote:
Silj, have you figured out your trip details yet? Just wanted to let you know to page me since I won't be working in my office tomorrow and would miss a phone call (assuming that you got my reply to your PM).
You have PM....
Black lives matter!

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I plan on sending out a note to everyone later, but WE DO HAVE FIRM PLANS:

When: beginning Saturday 4pm 20Nov04 and going until whenever
Where: beginning at Pasta Jay's in Boulder, roughly two blocks west of the Pearl Street Mall. Plans for further evening activities can be made on the fly.
Who: I put in a reservation for 14 adults. If you mentioned a significant other may be showing up, I included that person in the tally.
What: An evening of conversation among friends, with special guests from out of state: Lee and Siljanus, first-time guests: the Enough clan, and the triumphant revisitation with Chris Grenard.

~Neal
Head

Post by Head »

We've got a Winter storm moving in on Colorado starting tonight and through the weekend. My Cadillac slides like a ski in any snow or ice. I'm still planning on going, but if it's snowing pretty good, I'll have to wait for the next "Tentacle Togethering".
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGN ... 89c01ca7bf

~Head
Frankenstein?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Any chance of Denverites carpooling? Would suck if you couldn't make it.

~Neal
Head

Post by Head »

The Meal wrote:Would suck if you couldn't make it.

~Neal
How did you know that I'd be playing Vampire TM: Bloodlines if I couldn't make it? :roll:
Frankenstein?
DougA

Post by DougA »

:( I can't make tonight. Something I thought I got out of, I didn't. Meal, please take pics!