Colorado OO get-Together!! (This one's for you, Lee!)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

How many posts in a row will make me laugh out loud?

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
MHS

Post by MHS »

Head, you won't always get your way that easily, you know. :)
Head

Post by Head »

MHS wrote:Head, you won't always get your way that easily, you know. :)
Yes, I was quite surprised myself. :roll: Thank you....you little vixen!
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

MHS wrote:Head, you won't always get your way that easily, you know. :)
That's some slick innuendo.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

If Silj gets beer for convincing me to make the trip, what do I get? If you're looking for ideas, I'm pretty sure I wrote "trashy women" down on my Christmas list this year ... mostly because that's what I always write ....
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Arrangements can be made... C'mon Guido, return to Denver.

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote:
siljanus wrote:Okay, so are hotels reasonably priced in the Denver area? I figure I can always rent a car as well for all or part of the time too!
Silj, as I have offered in the past, I have a guest bedroom that you are welcome to use (with associated computer, Playstation, DVD, and hot tub access).

Also, I live about 2 miles from the Park and Ride - you can catch the Airport bus from there. Let me know if you are interested or need bus times both to and from the airport (my only caution is that the last bus from the airport is around 11:20 pm - I think).

Daniel
Thanks Daniel! With the price of a roundtrip ticket and your gracious offer I'm in. Perhaps I can bunk with others or in a hotel for part of the time so I won't be imposing on you too much. I may rent a car as well but it's good to know that a bus is an option. So I was thinking of flying in on the 18th and leaving on the 22nd so I at least have Sunday to recover from the alcohol I'll be drinking on Sat before going on a flight. Is there some good hiking in the area? I'll definitely be bringing my digital camera.

Edit: "Trashy women"?!? Umm, Guido can have the beer. I'll take the ladies in the fishnet stockings.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
MHS

Post by MHS »

Damn, the pressure is on. We have to actually live up to our reputations of being fun people now, if Silj is flying in just for this. :shock:
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

siljanus wrote:Edit: "Trashy women"?!? Umm, Guido can have the beer. I'll take the ladies in the fishnet stockings.
TOO LATE! You bit for a beer and free sleeping arrangements. Guido held out for more, and his gambit looks to be paying off. If we can get LordMortis for anything less than a fully-funded night in Silver City, then I'll consider this thread a success!

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

MHS wrote:Damn, the pressure is on. We have to actually live up to our reputations of being fun people now, if Silj is flying in just for this. :shock:
LOL! Well, it's been a long time since I've been to Colorado. I can use the quick getaway and I'm pretty self-sufficient when it comes to fun so no pressure. I can always start a riot for my own amusement in LoDo or DoDo or whatever that place is that Eduardo X hates so much.

(You think you have pressure? What if y'all don't like me and leave me out in the mountains to die? :shock: :shock: :cry: )

Edit: Damn you Guido! Well use a condom and send her my way when you're done. I'll save you a bottle of beer.

Should I dangle some anime titles in front of you to get you to come Guido? (What a nerd I am. But if you do come don't forget to bring the Noir series with you)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
MHS

Post by MHS »

I can wear fishnet stockings, if that helps. :)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

MHS wrote:I can wear fishnet stockings, if that helps. :)
In.

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

This sounds like it will be a fun outing. I better buy another memory card for the camera...
Black lives matter!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TEASE!!! :P

Silj, don't sweat it. I have plenty of room - and, since it's just me (my dog doesn't get a vote) - no one else to get approval from. Also, I'm taking the week of Thanksgiving off (I'm flying down to New Orleans on Tuesday) so I can probably even give you a ride to the airport on Monday.

A one-way ticket on the SkyRide bus from the Airport to the Broomfield Park-and-Ride is $10. Though, if you are planning on visiting for that long, you will most likely want a car so that you be a little more mobile. Also, I could definitely be persuaded to do some hiking.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote:
TEASE!!! :P

Silj, don't sweat it. I have plenty of room - and, since it's just me (my dog doesn't get a vote) - no one else to get approval from. Also, I'm taking the week of Thanksgiving off (I'm flying down to New Orleans on Tuesday) so I can probably even give you a ride to the airport on Monday.

A one-way ticket on the SkyRide bus from the Airport to the Broomfield Park-and-Ride is $10. Though, if you are planning on visiting for that long, you will most likely want a car so that you be a little more mobile. Also, I could definitely be persuaded to do some hiking.
I wonder if Vespa Denver rents ET4's...? I can always pack light.
Black lives matter!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Anyone else picturing the scene from Dumb and Dumber? :shock:

I'm thinking that you might want to make sure to include a couple pairs of gloves/mittens and a good hat and scarf if that's the way you go...
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote:
Anyone else picturing the scene from Dumb and Dumber? :shock:

I'm thinking that you might want to make sure to include a couple pairs of gloves/mittens and a good hat and scarf if that's the way you go...
Hee, hee. I've ridden in the cold before so I'd be wearing many, many, many layers since it's probably 20 degrees or something like that in Colorado...

(must rent Dumb and Dumber. Or wait till TNT shows it)
Black lives matter!

GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

Hmmmm. I *like* fishnet stockings ....
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

GuidoTKP wrote:Hmmmm. I *like* fishnet stockings ....
Forget it. You don't have the legs for them.
Black Lives Matter
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I don't get fishnet stockings. What's so great about them? I'd rather see the legs sans stockings.
Lee

Post by Lee »

WOOOHOOOO!!! I will be there without a doubt (well unless work throws something odd my way). Any day is good for me, even Friday's since I get off of work around 2.

It's a 1.5 hour drive for me unless traffic sucks too bad. If this is going to be a big drinking, late night shin dig I think I will be getting a hotel in the area. I need at least 3 beers to get over the shyness, so it better be a big drinking late night shin dig. :)
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

See, when I saw this thread, I was like, "For me! Really!" Then I find you bastards WEREN'T EVEN THINKING ABOUT ME. Now I'm so offended I'm going to eat this chair, and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
MHS

Post by MHS »

Lee wrote:WOOOHOOOO!!! I will be there without a doubt (well unless work throws something odd my way). Any day is good for me, even Friday's since I get off of work around 2.

It's a 1.5 hour drive for me unless traffic sucks too bad. If this is going to be a big drinking, late night shin dig I think I will be getting a hotel in the area. I need at least 3 beers to get over the shyness, so it better be a big drinking late night shin dig. :)
Lee, you're more than welcome to stay with us instead of shelling out for a hotel. We can put the kiddo in our room or on the futon (or, most likely, have her spend the night with a friend) and you can sleep in her room, provided you don't mind having 5 million stuffed animals staring at you in your sleep. :)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lee wrote: I need at least 3 beers to get over the shyness, so it better be a big drinking late night shin dig. :)
No worries. There's a bit of a shyness factor too. But the western GGers seem to be decent folk...or all that talk of eating you for your powers isn't a joke at all! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh well, after alot of beer I probably won't care one way or the other... :wink:
Black lives matter!

Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Mmm. Beer and brains.
Lee

Post by Lee »

MHS wrote:
Lee wrote:WOOOHOOOO!!! I will be there without a doubt (well unless work throws something odd my way). Any day is good for me, even Friday's since I get off of work around 2.

Lee, you're more than welcome to stay with us instead of shelling out for a hotel. We can put the kiddo in our room or on the futon (or, most likely, have her spend the night with a friend) and you can sleep in her room, provided you don't mind having 5 million stuffed animals staring at you in your sleep. :)
Thanks MHS, you are too kind. I can't accept your offer though, once I make a raging fool out of myself I would rather wake up in a place where no one knows me. :D Thank you though!
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Serious, Lee. (I kill me.) Stay over. Nothing dries up a hangover like MHS's chocolate chip pancakes. Hotels are for suckers (or Siljanuses).

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote:Serious, Lee. (I kill me.) Stay over. Nothing dries up a hangover like MHS's chocolate chip pancakes. Hotels are for suckers (or Siljanuses).

~Neal
Well, I was thinking of staying in that abandoned car by the river...
Black lives matter!

Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Siljanuses
I'm not touching this with a ten-foot pole. I don't think anyone really wants to, for that matter.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Eel Snave wrote:
Siljanuses
I'm not touching this with a ten-foot pole. I don't think anyone really wants to, for that matter.
I prefer if you don't touch it with a pole as well please.
Black lives matter!

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

The Meal wrote:Serious, Lee. (I kill me.) Stay over. Nothing dries up a hangover like MHS's chocolate chip pancakes. Hotels are for suckers (or Siljanuses).

~Neal
Wait, chocolate chip pancakes? Chocolate chip pancakes?! Why wasn't I told of this? Chris Grenard is going to pay! Grenard is going to pay!

Can I visit too? ;)
KingB

Post by KingB »

This all sounds like fun and I would love to finally meet some GGer's face to face. But it looks like a 6 or 7 hour drive from here in Utah. I dont know if I would be able to do that.

How about everyone make a sacrifice for the guy they barely know and we all meet in little ol' Craig, CO. :D Thats only two hours from me. :wink:
Currently thinking of something clever.........
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Just be sure to post mucho pictures for those of us living in a song.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Hmm.

Roundtrip costs me $1,415.74. IN! :)
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Dirt wrote:Elitists! All of you all!
Dude, I hadn't even posted...

- Ash
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Asharak wrote:
Dirt wrote:Elitists! All of you all!
Dude, I hadn't even posted...

- Ash
Elitists! All of you all and Asharak!
Head

Post by Head »

<<<<I shaved my beard off!!! Now I'm really ready. Where are we going to do this?

~Head
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Ticket has been purchased. I figure it was better to get it now rather than tomorrow when the country is in anarchy and the price would probably be $1000 round trip as people try to flee the DC area due to the chaos and looting...
Black lives matter!

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

AWESOME! Quick, everybody -- we've got less than two weeks to become interesting. Can't wait Silj!

~Neal
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote:AWESOME! Quick, everybody -- we've got less than two weeks to become interesting. Can't wait Silj!

~Neal
Or become FABULOUS
Black lives matter!