auto log in not working for me

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

ScaryMike

auto log in not working for me

Post by ScaryMike »

Despite the fact that I check the box "remember me" when I log in, Its not logging me in when I come back to the site. It was working until about 2 days ago. Cookie issue? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

-Mike
Rip

Re: auto log in not working for me

Post by Rip »

ScaryMike wrote:Despite the fact that I check the box "remember me" when I log in, Its not logging me in when I come back to the site. It was working until about 2 days ago. Cookie issue? Any thoughts on how to fix it?

-Mike
Cookie issue. Delete all octopusoverlords cookies.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I had that problem with IE, and nothing I did ever fixed it. My solution was simple - dump IE and use Firefox. Never had that problem or many other little irritations again.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Enough

Post by Enough »

The Mad Hatter wrote:I had that problem with IE, and nothing I did ever fixed it. My solution was simple - dump IE and use Firefox. Never had that problem or many other little irritations again.
I got the same problem with FF. And Rip is right, just nuke your temp internet files and you should be golden.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
ScaryMike

Post by ScaryMike »

The Mad Hatter wrote:I had that problem with IE, and nothing I did ever fixed it. My solution was simple - dump IE and use Firefox. Never had that problem or many other little irritations again.
I don't have control of what software I use at work, unfortunatly.
ScaryMike

Post by ScaryMike »

Enough wrote:
I got the same problem with FF. And Rip is right, just nuke your temp internet files and you should be golden.
Thanks to you and Rip, I'll give that a try.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Enough wrote:
That didn't work with IE, I think because there was some kind of corruption. Switching browsers eliminated it though.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Rubyeye

Post by Rubyeye »

Bah, I have the same problem on my work machine. I will try the same.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I had the same problem here at work, but after I fixed it it would never mark threads as read. So I've just resigned myself to the manual logon.
Rubyeye

Post by Rubyeye »

After doing nothing, it seems to be working again. I knew I could fix it.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Rubyeye wrote:After doing nothing, it seems to be working again. I knew I could fix it.
Sounds like you were perfectly qualified to fix this yourself. Congratulations!
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Just started having this issue tonight.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I cleared out my cache and cookie and everythign and it still won't work. Altho oddly enough it was working tonight and I replied to a coulpe of threads and then it threw me back out into limbo land,without having ever left the site.
I DEMAND A REFUND!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Rip

Post by Rip »

dbt1949 wrote:I cleared out my cache and cookie and everythign and it still won't work. Altho oddly enough it was working tonight and I replied to a coulpe of threads and then it threw me back out into limbo land,without having ever left the site.
I DEMAND A REFUND!
Refund check has been issued and is in the mail 8)
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

I just want to join the chorus and say I too had login problems this Sunday Morn but after a reboot and a disk cleanup (I did not delete cookies) all is fine . . . for now
Odin

Post by Odin »

I've been having this problem since yesterday. Not only does autologin fail to work, but sometimes when I simply try to log in it takes me right back to the index without logging me in. I've cleared my cookies and rebooted and had it still fail to work, but usually if I just let it sit for a couple hours (which shouldn't have any effect at all if the problem's on my end) it will work OK.

Sith