Don't read this post. No, seriously don't do it.

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Pilot X

Don't read this post. No, seriously don't do it.

Post by Pilot X »

For some reason I can't send PMs, so I'm posting my PM to Eightball here.

** SPACE RANGERS 2 SPOILERS **

Ok, basically Keller is the easiest boss to kill. You can't kill him in space because he has several thousands HP, and he only is there for like 10 days before he moves into his wormhole. If you follow him into the wormhole you can destroy him there.

After you kill him once, he reassembes again and talks to you. Either you can attack him again (which is pointless without anti-Keller program from the science base because he'll just assemble himself again), or you ask him about the Klissans and he flies to an another galaxy to look for them, that still counts as destroying him because he is never coming back.

The other way is much easier and you can even pull it off in the first year if you are lucky to find and you are good at wormhole combat.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Pilot X -- the PM issue can be understood: here.

Sending someone a private message via email is a much better idea than creating a forum post for a private message. Email can be accessed through another forum user's profile.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

The Meal wrote:Pilot X -- the PM issue can be understood: here.

Sending someone a private message via email is a much better idea than creating a forum post for a private message. Email can be accessed through another forum user's profile.

~Neal
Though it has piqued my curiosity on what Space Rangers 2 is about.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Didn't we have spoiler tags for a while? What happened to them? They'd have been perfect for Pilot X's message.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

Bad Demographic wrote:Didn't we have spoiler tags for a while? What happened to them? They'd have been perfect for Pilot X's message.
Spoiler:
We still do
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Bad Demographic

The Preacher wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:Didn't we have spoiler tags for a while? What happened to them? They'd have been perfect for Pilot X's message.
Spoiler:
We still do
Okay, quoting your message shows me the spoiler code. But in the list of bbCode tags I see B, i, u, Quote, Code, List, List=, Img and URL. No "spoiler". Hrmmm, maybe I need to do something like delete my OO cookies and relogin?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Bad Demographic wrote:
The Preacher wrote:
Spoiler:
We still do
Okay, quoting your message shows me the spoiler code. But in the list of bbCode tags I see B, i, u, Quote, Code, List, List=, Img and URL. No "spoiler". Hrmmm, maybe I need to do something like delete my OO cookies and relogin?
You could just try typing [ spoiler] ... [/spoiler ].
Over here.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Tareeq wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:Okay, quoting your message shows me the spoiler code. But in the list of bbCode tags I see B, i, u, Quote, Code, List, List=, Img and URL. No "spoiler". Hrmmm, maybe I need to do something like delete my OO cookies and relogin?
You could just try typing [ spoiler] ... [/spoiler ].
Indeed . . . the spoiler tag is a Gedd hack, and like any good programmer he's provided us with working code and no documentation.
Bad Demographic

The only "problem" with just typing the "spoiler" and "/spoiler" tags is that if a user doesn't see "spoiler" as an option, it's unlikely he/she will realize the option exists. I don't know if Pilot X can see a "spoiler" tag as an option, so he/she may not have known that it would have been a better way to send the Rangers 2 spoiler info to Eightball in the Games By Title forum.

Black Lives Matter
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Fretmute wrote:Indeed . . . the spoiler tag is a Gedd hack, and like any good programmer he's provided us with working code and no documentation.
So true! (although to be clear, I did grab the bulk of the code from a spoiler hack somewhere else)

The spoiler tag was a bit of an afterthought, and to add them to the list of buttons would've required installing a whole other mod, something I didn't want to do at time.

In the meantime, you've inspired me to add the tag info to the BBCode FAQ.
Eightball

Post by Eightball »

Thanks Pilot