Things I have dropped in the toilet: expanded edition

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Mr. Fed

Things I have dropped in the toilet: expanded edition

Post by Mr. Fed »

I added to my list this morning. My list of shit -- strike that, stuff -- that I have dropped into the toilet unintentionally.

The top of my list has always been my brand-new credentials. My first day as a federal prosecutor, I got a cool leather flip-open credential case, like the ones FBI agents keep their badges in. It had the seal of the Department of Justice on the front, and a decent picture of me inside showing me to be a fed, and it was way cool. I had to show it to get into and out of the building through the employee gate. I kept it in my shirt pocket. Late on my first day, I took a bathroom break. After doing my business, I stood up, leaned over to flush, and the creds dropped down into the non-clean toilet bowl. I washed them in the sink -- repeatedly -- but they were never the cool, clean, crisp leather creds again. I could swear that I could smell pee on them six years later. That's when I realized that life as a fed was not necessarily as glamourous as I had anticipated.

I have also dropped my glasses, a can of diet coke, and my car keys into toilets.

Today I dropped my psychotropic medication into a toilet. I was rushing around the bathroom getting ready, tossed the first pill in my mouth, caught it, tossed the second, bounced it off my chin into a neat arc into the as-of-yet unflushed toilet.

I did not retreive it.

The day will be like that, I think.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

It's time to change your nickname from Mr. Fed to Mr. Klutz. :lol:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Cellphone. PDA.

I don't use shirt pockets anymore.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
KingB

Post by KingB »

My checkbook. I was sitting on the toilet, get up to...ya know, finish business, and my check book in my back pocket gets caught on the lid. As I am standing up it flips out and backwards right into the toilet. :?
Currently thinking of something clever.........
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

A friend of mine in college used to take prolonged bowel movements so he began doing his homework right there on the can. One time he was sitting there doing his business working on some math equations, complete with a calculator. He finished up, both his number 2 and his homework, flushed and came back to our dorm room. Once there, he realized that he couldn't find his calculator. He looked everywhere, even going so far as to return to the bathroom and look all around the toilet area. No calculator.

We then went to dinner at the dining hall. After getting his food, he sat down in his dining room chair and suddenly his eyes got really big. We asked him what was wrong, but he didn't repsond. He just stood up, reached inside his pants, and retrieved his calculator. The thing had been in his boxer shorts the whole time and he hadn't even notice.

He claims he must have placed that calculator down on his boxers as he finished up his toilet activites and then just forgotten about it when he put his pants back on. Bizarre, but true.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I used to repair heart monitors that people wear at home for like 24 hours and it makes a recording of your hearts activities.The number one repair job was the unit falling in to the toilet.
People would wear these things on their belts.
I really hated that job.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I once juggled a cell phone into the toilet at work. Cell was on one of those belt-clip deals. I undid my belt to prepare to do God's work, and the force of the unbelting flung the phone into the air.

I valiantly tried to save it - I must have tried three or four times to catch it, only to have it elude my grasp and dance in the air. Finally I missed it and watched as, in slow motion, it dropped staight into the bowl with a nice little splash.

For some unknown I retrieved the phone. Of course it never worked again, but this was a public toilet - what was I thinking, putting my hand in there? :shock:

And even if it DID work after that, why would I want to put anything that's been in the toilet that close to my mouth? :?
Jag

Post by Jag »

I left my PDA on the back part of the toilet (what is that called anyway?), so when my 4yr old finished his business, naturally he wanted to play with 'daddy's mini computer' standing over the toilet. I saw this from across the room and with a slow-mo 'noooooooo...' bounded to the toilet, just as he fumbled the PDA. Luckily he caught it and disaster was averted.
Head

Post by Head »

Didn't you learn what to drop when you were potty trained? If not, you know what they say -- can't teach an old Fed new tricks. :lol: Yeah, Id say the cell phone is next.
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Anybody else see the irony of Head responding to a thread about toilets? Image
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Austin

Post by Austin »

Well, not a toilet but when I worked in the lab I had plenty of things fall into plastic eating solvent or sticky gooey resin. I stopped using the shirt type pocket on my labcoat. ;)
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

In the morning to get my son (Paul 4 yrs old) moving I give him a mission. One day it was to take his stuffed cow and use it to scare his mother who was in the bathroom doing her hair or whatever. A few minutes later I hear my wife laughing. She said she heard growling and then a cow flew into the bathroom and landed in the toilet. Said cow survived a trip through the washing machine.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

PDA for me, too.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

So what I'm hearing people say is that if I can develop a PDA that's waterproof and sealed tight enough to survive a commerical dishwasher (for sanitizing), I could be a millionaire?
Maybe next year, maybe no go