Web Shopping - Kudos!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Web Shopping - Kudos!

Post by Jeff V »

Several good web shopping experiences this week - I thought I'd give credit where due just in case someone is looking for great service this time of year.

www.zipzoomfly.com - Ordered a couple of MP3 players for the kids. Order placed 11/29, items received 12/1; free Fed-ex 2nd day.

www.overstock.com - Shoes ordered 11/29, received 12/1; $1 Fed-ex 2nd day. Hard drive ordered evening on 12/1, received 12/3; $1 Fed-ex 2nd day. (Books ordered at the same time are apparently shipping book rate, though and still haven't arrived - not that I'm in a hurry for those).

www.tigerdirect.com - Hard drive and enclosure ordered evening on 12/1, received today. Fairly expensive shipping, though.

The hard drives and enclosure were ordered for a media server project that I figured I'd setup next weekend. Because of unexpectedly quick service from Tiger Direct and Overstock, I have everything I need to do it this weekend.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I've purchased pc hardware from Tiger Direct and found them to be a great source for parts. They get some bad press on the net, but I've had no bad experiences with them.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

JSHAW wrote:I've purchased pc hardware from Tiger Direct and found them to be a great source for parts. They get some bad press on the net, but I've had no bad experiences with them.
Since Tiger Direct has an outlet store in Naperville, they charge Illinois tax, which makes them less desirable to order from (the order I placed with Zipzoomfly was $30 less because of tax and shipping differences). The only reason I ordered what I did from them was because of American Airlines - they have a special dealie using their web portal and Master Card and are rewarding with large bonuses (I'm getting over 3000 miles for about $250 worth of orders). The two items I got from them - a 200GB hard drive ($89 after rebate) and a firewire drive enclosure ($50) were not appreciably cheaper elsewhere, so I figured WTF. That they delivered so rapidly was a pleasant bonus!
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

I've found zipzoomfly kind of overpriced.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Well, for the items I bought, Pricewatch had them listed as the best. With the free shipping and no tax, the same order priced out at $30 less than Tiger Direct.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

zzf free shipping and no tax? Well that is good.