Fantasy Football: Collusion or Not?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Fantasy Football: Collusion or Not?

Post by EvilHomer3k »

We have an 0-12 team trading with a playoff team in a 10 team league. 4 teams make the playoffs. Obviously the 0-12 team isn't making the playoffs.

0-12 team gave Aaron Stecker and Tony Gonzalez

8-4 playoff team gave Marshall Faulk and Dallas Clark

We have a $5 fee for each team involved in the trade. The 0-12 team already has Chris Brown, Deuce Mcallister, and Thomas Jones. They get Faulk. I'm currently in first place so maybe my judgement is clouded but I don't think this trade is fair for the teams involved. If both teams were vying for the playoffs, I would be more forgiving but there's no reason an 0-12 team should be making a trade in a redraft league. Oh, the 0-12 teams owner is the commissioner. I don't like the smell of it at all. Am I right for protesting this? (haven't yet)

Do your leagues have rules involving a team that is out of the playoffs trading with a playoff team?

0-12 Team has:

Player YTD Pts Bye
Collins, Kerry OAK QB 139 10
McNair, Steve TEN QB (Q) 99 9
Volek, Billy TEN QB 70 9
Warner, Kurt NYG QB 108 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brown, Chris TEN RB (Q) 138 9
Duckett, T.J. ATL RB 56 9
Faulk, Marshall STL RB (Q) 131 8
Jones, Thomas CHI RB 116 5
McAllister, Deuce NOS RB 113 8
Williams, Ricky (ex-mia) FA RB 0 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnson, Chad CIN WR 117 5
McCareins, Justin NYJ WR 60 3
Parker, Eric SDC WR 53 10
Porter, Jerry OAK WR 91 10
Williams, Roy DET WR 83 4

Clark, Dallas IND TE (Q) 82 6
Witten, Jason DAL TE 121 4

Akers, David PHI PK 127 5
Brown, Kris HOU PK 87 7

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 159 3

8-4 Playoff team has:

Player YTD Pts Bye
Bledsoe, Drew BUF QB 128 3
Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB 325 4
Testaverde, Vinny DAL QB 155 4

Jackson, Steven STL RB 53 8
Johnson, Larry KCC RB 16 5
Johnson, Rudi CIN RB 155 5
McGahee, Willis BUF RB 127 3
Perry, Chris CIN RB (Q) 2 5
Stecker, Aaron NOS RB 35 8

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 79 6
Gardner, Rod WAS WR 75 7
Harrison, Marvin IND WR 144 6
Smith, Jimmy JAC WR 102 9
Walker, Javon GBP WR 167 9

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE 143 5
Smith, L.J. PHI TE (P) 55 5

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK 79 10
Reed, Jeff PIT PK 90 7

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 276 6
Redskins, Washington WAS Def 204 7
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

You should not protest this trade. IMHO the 0-12 team got a very good deal. A. Stecker sucks, basically it was Gonzo for Clark and Faulk. Both Clark and Gonzo have 5 TD's and play for top offenses. Faulk is still a legit number 2 fantasy RB. Gonzo does have about 500 more yards than Clark, but that still doesn't make Stecker more than a zero.

Now, what you need is a trading deadline at about week 10 to avoid anything questionable happening as teams lock down for the playoffs.

Good luck.

ExRod
GM and Coach - The Mean Machine
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Yup, you should have a trading deadline. Ours passed over 2 weeks ago. NFL handles it that way too.

You shouldn't have any trades going on this late in the season, especially if it's not a keeper league.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Oh, and Faulk is currently injured. Nice.

I checked our rules page and week 11 at kickoff is the trade deadline. http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 48063&O=26

It must be something in the air, though because in another league Im in, this just came in:

Team A (first in the league) gives E Smith A Toomer
Team B (second to last) gives: J Walker

Oh, and it is a husband and his wife. The trade deadline is Dec 3 for this league. This is also a work league for my wife. Everyone is friends and works together. Trades are voted on by the league.
Steron

Post by Steron »

Faulk is hurt. Jackson is starting this week. No big deal there.
"There's always next year" The mantra of a KC Chiefs Fan.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I have Stecker on my team and he's utterly worthless. Unfortunately, that was the only thing available to replace injured Priest Holmes (guess who's team is sucking hard this year?)
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

It's hard to tell whether or not this is just stupidity by the 0 - 12 team. Marshall Faulk and Dallas Clark are both OUT with injuries. Why would you trade Tony Gonzalez for two players that are out with injuries right before the playoffs in a non-keeper league?

Collusion.

I am pretty open about trades and would let most things through. But there is no justification for an 0-12 team making a trade with a playoff contender, taking on two players that are hurt.

I'd complain. LOUDLY.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

The 0-12 team is a guy with a lot of football knowledge. I'm certain he'd know about the injuries.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

EvilHomer3k wrote:The 0-12 team is a guy with a lot of football knowledge. I'm certain he'd know about the injuries.
So why would someone in a non-keeper league trade Gonzalez for two injured players in the final week or so of the season?

Clark got hurt in practice on Thursday or Friday, and he is listed as OUT for this weekend at least (strained calf muscle I think). Faulk's old arthritic knees are bothering him, and he's OUT. Why make the trade?

Either you don't know about the injuries, your stupid, or you are player dumping.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

Put me in the out of touch camp. I didn't realize they were both OUT. Now I agree, it is a crap trade. The 0-12 team probably got a few bucks on the side for that one.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I think the key here is it's NOT a keeper league. If it was a keeper league then you could easily say the 0-12 team is building for the future and the other team is trying to win now. But since this is a redraft league then the 0-12 team has no reason to be trading especially for 2 injured players that provide him no help in trying to end the winless streak. Sounds like one owner taking advantage of another owner that could care less right now and a protest is within your right.

My .03 worth of opinion as the Commish of the North Alabama Fantasy Football League.
2003 Champions-Savannah Sting (Sorry had to get a plug in there for my team)
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Sorry to be chiming in on this so late, just saw the thread. Without keepers, that definitely looks like collusion. I'd challenge the trade.
jlu

Post by jlu »

Another late post on this; but... I'd protest.

In the league I commish, last week a playoff bound team put in for a trade with a non playoff team. Not a keeper league. I messed up I realize now by not putting in a trade deadline 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I didn't allow the trade to go through just on the playoff/non playoff team angle.

The two trades; one Goings for Driver; the other Fitzgerald for Lelie. Couldn't see either going through anyhow.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Collusion.
18-1™ & 2-0
jblank

Post by jblank »

EvilHomer3k wrote:The 0-12 team is a guy with a lot of football knowledge. I'm certain he'd know about the injuries.
Well he doesnt know enough if he is 0-12.
"Ju tell yo fren ah keel a communiss foh fuhn...buh foh a green cahd, ah cahrv heem up reel nass"