American Idol 3/14

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

godhugh wrote:And will someone please tell me what the fuck Kevin is still on this show for!?! He's a stupid joke on this country!
You answered your own question :).

I couldn't believe he wasn't in the bottom 3. I wasn't sure about him being out, but I figured he would surely be bottom 3. I think people are voting for him just for his audition-esque ridiculous performances and the entertainment value of laughing at him, hehe.

Oh and I was right about Lisa, heh. She hasn't excited people enough to vote for her. She's among the top talents, but she's going to lose on personality if she doesn't wake up soon.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Go Kevin Go!!!! I think my 50 votes took him over the top lol :twisted:

BTW, just curious how many of you guys complaining here actually vote for people? Don't forget the voters include plenty of 11 year old girls and dirty old men who are more than happy to hit the redial button.

P.S. I still say they should make a version of this show where you get to vote for people you want to get kicked.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Nope, I've never voted. Statistically I'm sure my vote doesn't count :).
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

rittchard wrote:Go Kevin Go!!!! I think my 50 votes took him over the top lol :twisted:

BTW, just curious how many of you guys complaining here actually vote for people? Don't forget the voters include plenty of 11 year old girls and dirty old men who are more than happy to hit the redial button.

P.S. I still say they should make a version of this show where you get to vote for people you want to get kicked.
Also, don't forget votefortheworst.com...
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Enjoy it Kevin. In a few weeks, when you start getting hate mail and death threats we'll see how you feel about it*.

*For those that may not recall, that's what happened a few years ago when John Stevens kept hanging around even when everyone (including John) knew that he didn't belong. Finally, his mom had to get involved, and the show made a big to-do about what a nice kid he was. And then mercifully booted him off the show.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Melissa deserved the boot. You're in the final 12. You're performing a Stevie Wonder song in front of Stevie Wonder. Screwing up your lyrics is not an option. I understand that nerves can do that, but if nerves play that big a role in your performances then you're not cut out to be an American Idol anyway.

Incidentally that dialidol.com thing page was shut down due to a cease and desist order. Too bad - they were startlingly accurate once again this week.
Toe

Post by Toe »

YellowKing wrote:Melissa deserved the boot. You're in the final 12. You're performing a Stevie Wonder song in front of Stevie Wonder. Screwing up your lyrics is not an option. I understand that nerves can do that, but if nerves play that big a role in your performances then you're not cut out to be an American Idol anyway.
What was up with the last-minute song change for her though? They did not elaborate on it. Did she want to sing a different song or was is forced on her? I thought it was very strange that the judges were so forgiving of her performance, even praising it. That makes me wonder if it was a forced change and the judges were giving her a break.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Oh, well. Melissa.... I shall miss you.. If you need some comforting, call me! :)
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Isgrimnur

Re: American Idol 3/14

Post by Isgrimnur »

Investigation underway after Christian singer, 'American Idol' alum Mandisa found dead
A spokesman for the Franklin Police Department said officers were involved in an active death investigation Friday after Christian singer and "American Idol" alum Mandisa was found dead in her Nashville-area home one day earlier.

Mandisa, born in Citrus Heights, California, as Mandisa Lynn Hundley, was 47.

A rep for the singer, The Media Collective, issued a statement confirming her death Friday morning.

"At this time, we do not know the cause of death or any further details," the statement reads. "We ask for your prayers for her family and close-knit circle of friends during this incredibly difficult time."
It's almost as if people are the problem.