Matrix Games holiday sale

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Matrix Games holiday sale

Post by $iljanus »

I never thought I'd see Matrix have a "sale" on their games but here are the titles being discounted. I believe it's also digital download only. Information is courtesy of The Wargamer:
* Battles In Normandy (SSG) $49.99, $10 off the regular price

* Highway To The Reich (Panther) $39.99, $10 off the regular price

* Korsun Pocket (SSG) $39.99, $10 off the regular price

* Starshatter (Destroyer) $29.99, $10 off the regular price

* Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great (Koios) $39.99, $10 off the regular price

* Uncommon Valor (2 by 3) $39.99, $10 off the regular price
I will most likely download Battles In Normandy now that it's a bit more reasonable in price. I highly recommend Highway To The Reich to people interested in a nice WW2 wargame as well.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

How long is this going on? I've wanted Starshatter for a while now.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Will they kick my ass and steal my women if I don't purchase one of their games?

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Ed: You have till midnight, Jan 3 to order

Neal: Not only will they kick your ass and take your women, they will do it with historical accuracy. They are a wargaming company after all...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
milo

Re: Matrix Games holiday sale

Post by milo »

$iljanus wrote:I never thought I'd see Matrix have a "sale" on their games but here are the titles being discounted. I believe it's also digital download only.
No, it's supposed to be ten bucks off the price of each product, no matter how you purchase it. The prices listed are the digital download sale prices, but there should be a similar discount on the CD-only and boxed versions of each game. I know they were having a bit of trouble getting the correct prices listed at the Digital River store site; hopefully that is all straight now.
--milo
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

OK, Silj, you have a mission: buy BiN and play it for 20 hrs btwn now and Jan 1st, post your final impressions on the 2nd and that will allow me to decide on the 3rd.

Now go!
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Preacher wrote:OK, Silj, you have a mission: buy BiN and play it for 20 hrs btwn now and Jan 1st, post your final impressions on the 2nd and that will allow me to decide on the 3rd.

Now go!
Hmm, I could bring a copy to my parents for Christmas and play on their computer...

"Oh, this is stuff I need to do for work Mom..." :wink:
Black lives matter!

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Tell her you're taking a class and it's a school assignment.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

$iljanus wrote:
The Preacher wrote:OK, Silj, you have a mission: buy BiN and play it for 20 hrs btwn now and Jan 1st, post your final impressions on the 2nd and that will allow me to decide on the 3rd.

Now go!
Hmm, I could bring a copy to my parents for Christmas and play on their computer...

"Oh, this is stuff I need to do for work Mom..." :wink:
I'm analyzing interdiction's impact on psuedohistorical logistics. In addition, I need to properly optimize a multivariate supply solution.
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

No, you get your ass to learning Point of Attack 2 instead.

I tried it for a little bit, but need some hand-holding :wink:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zekester wrote:No, you get your ass to learning Point of Attack 2 instead.

I tried it for a little bit, but need some hand-holding :wink:
Heh, I should do that someday too. But right now I'm rotating between Vampire: Bloodlines, LotR: Battle for Middle Earth, and Nexus the Jupiter Incident and I can't pass up Normandy.

I should at least load the damn thing though...

By the way, I thought you traded Point of Attack 2 Zeke?
Black lives matter!

Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Starshatter is SO worth that price. Best space sim in a VERY long time, with lots of replayability and modability. A definite purchase if you're a space sim fan.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

I thought you traded Point of Attack 2
Heh, there was no interest. :?

I still have it installed and have been meaning to try it out some more.
I'd like to set up my own 'insurgent search' thru city streets with it some time.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Siljanus - I should be getting BiN soon to review. Let me know if you're interested in a PBEM game.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Jeff V wrote:Siljanus - I should be getting BiN soon to review. Let me know if you're interested in a PBEM game.
Hmm, I should get to downloading the thing this weekend me thinks. After Christmas we can set something up. Hope I don't suck too much...
Black lives matter!

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

After Xmas is good, I probably won't be ready until then myself.

Historically, I'm not especially good at these games. A year ago, after I wrote that I thought it impossible for the German to win against a breathing Russian in ATD, Ian Trout spanked me good, demonstrating quite the contrary (I still think it requires flawless play as the German. I did beat Ray recently, but I attribute that to his mistakes as the German rather than my fantastic strategy as the Russian).