Doe Iron Storm get any better?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

msurby

Doe Iron Storm get any better?

Post by msurby »

I just got Iron Storm really cheap at EB and could just barely bring myself to play it. The graphics are weird, the whole trenches with snipers beginning is irritating. The concept seems cool but the game just seems to be lacking. Is it worth investing more time in? Am I just too demanding now that I have played games like HL2 and FarCry? This may not totally be the case, because I was having fun with SoF and that game is fairly old.

Anyway, if anybody has anything good to say, now is the time.

(This post is really just here for Dirt's sake, but it is something I might be interested in...)
A candy-coated clown they call the Sandman...
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

I remember WANTING to enjoy that game, but the cheating sniper AI just blew it.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

I actually played that all the way through (which is saying a lot with my ADHD gaming). I remember it getting much better after the initial pounding, but in all honesty it's been a while so details are fuzzy. I loved the setting.
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It does get better, but never goes beyond mediocre with a few good moments. The ending was one of the worst.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Greg Wak

Post by Greg Wak »

It does get better. The first few levels are definatly the most annoying. I really rather liked it but I am not as picky as some people here and ymmv.