Myst IV Revelation....built-in help system?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zekester

Myst IV Revelation....built-in help system?

Post by Zekester »

Has anyone tried the supposed variable help system that's built into this game?

From what I read, it can range from small hints...all the way to a full walkthru.

True?
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Yapette

Post by Yapette »

"True" I suppose but it's crappy....meaning sometimes it is very hard to understand, much less apply the 3rd stage/full answer even when it is staring you in the face.

For help on - you'll find out about needing it soon enough - monkey puzzles & chair sliders - I relied on the official forums buried in the depths of ubi.com.
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

Yeah, sometimes the help system can be too vague, and it only provides puzzle solutions. So if you're just stuck trying to figure out where the hell you're supposed to go (which happened to me a couple times) it won't help you at all.
End of line.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Thanks guys.

I was going to buy this game today, too :x
I'm not now.

Some of the reviews that I read made it sound like it provided the full solution, and I thought that i'd buy many more adventure-type games if they all did this.

Talk about a stale genre :idea:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Yapette

Post by Yapette »

Don't be put off by the ingame hints - I'd recommend it, assuming there has been a price drop.

If you're at all a fan of adventure games, this one is simply gorgeous. What those FPS people have been enjoying for so long while "we" watched 2D & slide shows (not that I don't love those too). Wandering about, looking at the amazing environmental effects without being shot at is worth the price alone.

That said, those two timed parts are definitely cat butts if one is not used to doing things quickly (with a poorly designed, sluggish, inadequate cursor). Especially difficult for traditionally contemplative Myst fans. Actually, last I heard there was a patch to slow down those parts but the patch caused even greater problems. :idea: