2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

MS Flight Sim '04 for $10.....

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Zekester

MS Flight Sim '04 for $10.....

Post by Zekester »

..at CompUSA this week starting Sunday.

This is a straight-up price, with no Mail-In-Rebate.

I think i'll grab a couple :D
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

I was planning to toss Flight Simulator 2004 into my next order from Amazon.

It is $24.99 there, but with a $20 mail-in rebate. Of course, I hate mail-in rebates, so maybe I'll stop by CompUSA next week and pay the extra $5 to avoid the rebate hassle.

I already own Flight Simulator 2002 Professional, but figured that a $5 upgrade is hard to beat. Plus, 2004 will work with a TrackIR 3 Pro, while 2002 does not, from what I understand.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Geez, at that price, I have to wonder...

Is Flight Sim '06 coming out soon or something? I haven't been keeping up obviously.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Hrdina wrote:It is $24.99 there, but with a $20 mail-in rebate. Of course, I hate mail-in rebates, so maybe I'll stop by CompUSA next week and pay the extra $5 to avoid the rebate hassle.
Microsoft are the BEST rebaters out there though. They always return the check quickly and I've never had them misplace a rebate
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Giles Habibula wrote:Geez, at that price, I have to wonder...

Is Flight Sim '06 coming out soon or something? I haven't been keeping up obviously.
Rumour is that they are doing FS 2007 rather than 2006, but that is just a rumour.
em2nought wrote:
Hrdina wrote:It is $24.99 there, but with a $20 mail-in rebate. Of course, I hate mail-in rebates, so maybe I'll stop by CompUSA next week and pay the extra $5 to avoid the rebate hassle.
Microsoft are the BEST rebaters out there though. They always return the check quickly and I've never had them misplace a rebate
I hope you're right, because I just went against what I said above. I was ordering some books from Amazon, so I just threw FS 2004 into my cart to ride along on the same order.

Now I just have to upgrade my computer from the current AMD 1400 MHz to something a little more beefy, as I have recently acquired IL-2, Pacific Fighters and FS 2004. :D
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Hrdina wrote:I hope you're right, because I just went against what I said above. I was ordering some books from Amazon, so I just threw FS 2004 into my cart to ride along on the same order.
Hope that ORIGINAL rebate coupon is on/in the box. I'm not sure how cool MS is about facsimile coupons
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

em2nought wrote:
Hrdina wrote:I hope you're right, because I just went against what I said above. I was ordering some books from Amazon, so I just threw FS 2004 into my cart to ride along on the same order.
Hope that ORIGINAL rebate coupon is on/in the box. I'm not sure how cool MS is about facsimile coupons
I'll find out when it gets here, but somehow I doubt it. The coupon is available at Amazon as an image.

I'll bitch to Amazon if MS doesn't pay out.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i called MS rebate dept, and they said the 'web image' (aka gif, jpg, bmp, etc) was just fine. they seem to be pretty laissez-faire about rebate requirements.. so yeah, get this and make $10!!
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

hitbyambulance wrote:i called MS rebate dept, and they said the 'web image' (aka gif, jpg, bmp, etc) was just fine. they seem to be pretty laissez-faire about rebate requirements.. so yeah, get this and make $10!!
Excellent. I'm glad to hear this, because I just checked the web image of the Amazon coupon, and it says "only original coupons will be accepted."