New WW Players Here Please - hey KinKid!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

New WW Players Here Please - hey KinKid!

Post by Chaosraven »

Since new players will need the ability to PM, this thread is for two things.

(1) A place to post to get the ability to PM
(2) A place to discuss the Rules of any New Game the Players have joined.
Last edited by Chaosraven on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

austin this is just practice 8-)
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RevHempus71

Now what?

Post by RevHempus71 »

What to do/ What to do?
Chaosraven

Re: Now what?

Post by Chaosraven »

RevHempus71 wrote:What to do/ What to do?
Let's start with the discussion of the Variants involved in the BSG game
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

15 players.
12 good with one capable of changing sides. 3 bad plus 1 that may come over to their side.
If we get less players then I will alter the cylon side of the rules.

Characters and powers:

Baltar –Each night he may ask if a particular player is Six.
“Is player X six?” He will receive a yes or no answer.
If he finds Six then he will defect to the cylon side and be able to PM with Six only for the remainder of the game as long as Six is still alive.
Baltar CANNOT PM the other cylons. (So if the bad guys choose to set up their own forum Baltar cannot have access to it).

Athena (good cylon) –Each night she can scan to find cylons.
Athena would submit a name to scan. The answer to her question will be Cylon or Human. If Athena is lynched the autopsy will show cylon.

Helo-He has a one time ability to kill during the day cycle. If he kills cylon #12 with his special one shot kill, cylon #12 does not have time to detonate and take out a human.

Apollo –He can ask the role of a deceased player each night.
“What was the role of dead player X?” He may ask about a cylon lynched also to determine if one was Athena but he will not learn the roles of the bad cylons..

Starbuck – She can protect one person per night. If she protects a cylon. She’s dead and that will override any kill selection of the cylons. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one.

3 Doctors - as long as one is alive you will be able to tell who was a cylon and who was not when lynched (or killed by Helo). If all the doctors are killed then you will be lynching blind.

4 Citizens – No Powers other than voting.

---- cylons
Six –Each night she will be able to ask if a particular player is Baltar.
“Is player X Baltar?” She will receive a yes or no answer.
If she finds Baltar then Baltar defects to the cylon side and they are able to PM each other only for the remainder game as long as they live.

Cylon #12 –The cylons do not know you are a cylon. You know the other cylons. If lynched you detonate and take out anyone of your choosing.
If cylons attack #12 at night, cylons will be informed they found Cylon #12 and will be able to PM with #12 for the remainder of the game.

If Six and Cavil are killed before finding Cylon #12 then Cylon #12 takes over the role of choosing the nightly target. If Baltar has switched sides and is still alive #12 still gets to choose the nightly victim. Baltar only chooses if he is the only one remaining.

Brother Cavil – He can ask the role of a dead human each night (same powers as Apollo).

Private Messaging

Six and Cavil can PM each other all the time.
Cylon #12 may start PM all other cylons (except Athena) when the cylons make contact by attempting to kill it.
Baltar and Six may PM each other only when one of them makes contact.
Baltar must not have access to a cylon forum even if he joins them.
No other PMs allowed except to the moderator.

-------------------------
Each night the specials will submit their requests even if they choose to do nothing it must be submitted. The cylons (only the ones allowed to PM each other) must assassinate.

Possible Outcome of Events
-Lynching – Player was human or cylon (Athena is included as Cylon).
-Athena scan – Player X is human or cylon. (Baltar is human even if he has defected but she will sense that he is helping the cylons)
-Apollo scan- Player X was character X and had the power to…
-Six/Baltar scan – Player X is not Six/Baltar
-Cavil scan-player X was character X and had the power to…

Nighttime scenarios-
-Starbuck protects a cylon. Starbuck dies. Cylons assassination attempt is called off. 1 death that night.
-Starbuck protects player X and cylons attempt to assassinate player X. No deaths that night. Starbuck does not know she saved player X’s life because the cylons call off the assassination.
-Cylons attempt to assassinate Cylon #12. Assassination halted and #12, Six and Cavil are told what happened. No deaths that night.
-Six or Baltar find each other. Assassination will not be stopped. The humans will somehow know the next day that they have a traitor in their midst though.

Sequence:
1. Starbuck protects
2. Apollo, Athena and Cavil scan.
3. Six scans for Baltar
4. Cylons assassinate
5. Baltar scans for Six

Lynching votes: Voting is open until a majority is reached.
Please bold your votes AND withdrawals.
No editing Posts. Everyone will receive a PM to start the game.

Victory
Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Athena)and Baltar if he has switched sides.
Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even thus ensuring a cylon victory.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Baltar –Each night he may ask if a particular player is Six.
“Is player X six?” He will receive a yes or no answer.
If he finds Six then he will defect to the cylon side and be able to PM with Six only for the remainder of the game as long as Six is still alive.
Baltar CANNOT PM the other cylons. (So if the bad guys choose to set up their own forum Baltar cannot have access to it).
Baltar is a Varaint of the Sorcerer.

He is using a Seer Ability to find one particular Bad Guy.
In this game the Bad Guys are Cylons.

If he does not connect up with Six (the Cylon) then he is still on the Good Guys team.
If he is scanned before he becomes a traitor, the Good Guy seer will see him as Human
If he is scanned AFTER defecting, he will still show as Human, but also as Traitor.
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Ok.

Post by RevHempus71 »

So just like WW but with Galactica Titles?
Chaosraven

Re: Ok.

Post by Chaosraven »

RevHempus71 wrote:So just like WW but with Galactica Titles?
Yes, and Variants on the Roles in the Game.

If you check the older games lower on this page of Forum Games (and on to Page Two) you will see that most games have a Theme involved (whether Werewolf or some other Theme) and slight changes in the rules or abilities involved in the games.
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

When will the game Start

Post by RevHempus71 »

How soon do we begin?
RevHempus71

???

Post by RevHempus71 »

How many posts are needed to be able to PM?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Game currently in SignUp Phase.

As soon as we have enough players or the Mod decides there will be no more to signup and reduces the number of Players/Roles, he will be assigning roles.

This is an opportunity to try to discuss the Rules/Roles for better understanding (and optimally to work out kinks in the rules... I have already sent Lassr a PM with a few questions)
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Do I need to do anything else?

Post by RevHempus71 »

Do I need to do anything on here to make sure I am in on this game?
Chaosraven

Re: ???

Post by Chaosraven »

RevHempus71 wrote:How many posts are needed to be able to PM?
1. time since the account was created, and 2. total number of forum posts created by that poster.

Currently they are set to 7 days and 20 posts.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Re: Do I need to do anything else?

Post by Chaosraven »

RevHempus71 wrote:Do I need to do anything on here to make sure I am in on this game?
Normally you would see a WW Titled Thread (such as the Battlestar Galactica II - sign ups currently near the Top of Page One) and you post a response in the thread with your interest in playing.
"Where are you off to?"

LordMortis

Re: ???

Post by LordMortis »

RevHempus71 wrote:How many posts are needed to be able to PM?
http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/faq.php
I cannot send private messages!
Accounts are required to achive two separate thresholds before a poster will be able to utilize Private Messaging features. These two thresholds are: 1. time since the account was created, and 2. total number of forum posts created by that poster.

The actual threshold values will be evaluated, and may be changed if they do not achieve our goal. Currently they are set to 7 days and 20 posts.

If you've met these thresholds, there are three other reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you individually from sending messages. If it is the latter case you should try asking the administrator why.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

You have had the account for over 7 days, so all you need to do is reach the total posts required for PMs.

As noted by some others, there are ways around having to use PMs... Email, Alternate Forums (where Bad Guys hold discussions) on other websites, phone, etc.
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Cool

Post by RevHempus71 »

Cool so I only need about 14 more posts or so.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Get to padding your post count fuzzy man.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RevHempus71

Not so fuzzy now

Post by RevHempus71 »

Had to trim the gnarly beard for my new job.
Chaosraven

Re: Not so fuzzy now

Post by Chaosraven »

RevHempus71 wrote:Had to trim the gnarly beard for my new job.
NOOOooooOOOO!! Won't someone think of the whiskers??

Anyway... the interesting Part of the Bad Guys in this game is How Do They Find Each Other Without Everyone Else Discovering Them?

#12 (the Berserker Variant) needs to have the Bad Guys attack him at Night, but begins by KNOWING who the other 2 Bad Guys are. He's missing in action until they use a Night Attack to "Find" him.

Baltar needs to find Six or Six needs to find Baltar.

But how to attract enough attention without getting "outed" to the Village (Good Guys) that will then have one of the 3-4 Bad Guys needed to Lynch?
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Lie a lot

Post by RevHempus71 »

I figure lieing to everyone but you CR is a good idea?????? what you think?

Oh and lets go after steve as soon as possible. OOPS I guess he will see this too. Need a new idea
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

6 more

Post by RevHempus71 »

need 6 more posts, ooh 5 actually after this. but what to write er type i mean
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Remus

Post by RevHempus71 »

Is Remus Steve?????
RevHempus71

Ok

Post by RevHempus71 »

Ok I have read the stuff a few times and i think i have a good grasp of it. Probably wont need it tho. Since the new guy has a target already.....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

The best way to overcome the intimidation factor of the ruleset and to get a handle on how this game (with these rules and characters) flows is to read the previous game.
Remus West

Re: Remus

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:Is Remus Steve?????
Yep. Grundbegriff has a collage of OO Mugs somewhere (probably linked in his sig) so you can see what most of us look like. That Austin character is one evil looking dude. Kill him ASAP at all times.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RevHempus71

Remus

Post by RevHempus71 »

Lets get CR if i dont get lynched first....... :twisted:
RevHempus71

Did it

Post by RevHempus71 »

I can now PM. hahahahahahahahahahahhaha
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, over there in the Werewolf Thread, are walking into a trap, as is your Remus West. It was *I* who allowed the Hempus to know the location of the werewolf game. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Mugshots
Austin

Post by Austin »

Remus West wrote:
Yep. Grundbegriff has a collage of OO Mugs somewhere (probably linked in his sig) so you can see what most of us look like. That Austin character is one evil looking dude. Kill him ASAP at all times.

Not sure if I'm evil or constipated.
Your ad here.
RevHempus71

I am redeye

Post by RevHempus71 »

Ready to Rumble
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:Mugshots
As opposed to shot mugs which are these glass thimbles with handles that hold a whole ounce of liquid.

Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:Mugshots
Remus West looks a lot like a serial killer. I'm just saying...
Your ad here.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Austin wrote:Remus West looks a lot like a serial killer. I'm just saying...

Toucan Son of Sam?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Not sure if I'm evil or constipated.
I'm happy to lynch you for that first one. I am not going to get involved in checking about the second. Ask Lassr or Scoop.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

He's so full of evil his eyes are turning brown.
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LordMortis wrote:...
You in the BSG game? You had a comment like you were so I added you in. If not let me know.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RevHempus71

Kill the Wabbit

Post by RevHempus71 »

Kill the Wabbit, Who's the Wabbit? Oh hell, I am the Wabbit. Please let me live.........
LordMortis

Re: Kill the Wabbit

Post by LordMortis »

RevHempus71 wrote:Kill the Wabbit, Who's the Wabbit? Oh hell, I am the Wabbit. Please let me live.........
No-f winds bwo! West winds bwo!