BSG Boardgame Gameplay - Game resuming! Check back in!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lars

Re: BSG Boardgame Gameplay - TURN 1 CRISIS

Post by Lars »

Grund, you should get 5 cards at the start of your turn, every time. So, you should be receiving 5 before anything else happens.
[a] Draw the number of skill cards on character sheet (mandatory)
Move (optional)
[c] Act (based on skill card, location, character capability, or quorum card)
[d] Crisis (draw, resolve)
[e] Possible Cylon actions (depending on crisis card's icons)

Is that right?

That sounds correct to me.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

add possible Jump/alter Jump Track at the end of that and yes it is correct.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:add possible Jump/alter Jump Track at the end of that and yes it is correct.
There will be no advancing the jump track on this next crisis but I think we will like it all the same. :mrgreen:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:add possible Jump/alter Jump Track at the end of that and yes it is correct.
There will be no advancing the jump track on this next crisis but I think we will like it all the same. :mrgreen:
Mean to post that on the Cylon boards, did you?

(yes, yes, I know - no cylon boards...geesh!)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mean to post that on the Cylon boards, did you?

(yes, yes, I know - no cylon boards...geesh!)
Judge not......
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

So in fact I should be requesting Skill Cards before declaring my action. But I still need an answer to whether the three I received at the start of Remus's turn count toward my five for this, my first turn.

Turtle?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:So in fact I should be requesting Skill Cards before declaring my action. But I still need an answer to whether the three I received at the start of Remus's turn count toward my five for this, my first turn.

Turtle?
They do not. Each of your turns you receive 5 new skill cards to add to your hand. Max hand size (I think) is 10 cards so you must be down to ten or fewer at the end of your turn (may be any player's turn, not certain about that).
Lars

Post by Lars »

Grundbegriff wrote:So in fact I should be requesting Skill Cards before declaring my action. But I still need an answer to whether the three I received at the start of Remus's turn count toward my five for this, my first turn.

Turtle?
Sorry, Grund, I thought I explained it properly in my last post, but now that I read it again, it doesn't clarify it enough. Luckily, Remus knows how to communicate better then I. :cry:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lars wrote:

Turtle?
Sorry, Grund, I thought I explained it properly in my last post, but now that I read it again, it doesn't clarify it enough. Luckily, Remus knows how to communicate better then I. :cry:
How do you think I get villages to follow my lead to their own doom, sadly.?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Sorry, got waylaid by a movie storyboards project and dragon age at the same time, but Grundebegriff has his full hand of 8 cards now. He can decide what he really wants to do now.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Remus West wrote:
Lars wrote:

Turtle?
How do you think I get villages to follow my lead to their own doom, sadly.?
They don't call it Remicide for nothing. :lol:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Turtle wrote:Sorry, got waylaid by a movie storyboards project and dragon age at the same time, but Grundebegriff has his full hand of 8 cards now. He can decide what he really wants to do now.
I fully approve of this waylaiding. Time well spent. 8-)
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Thought for a moment chaosraven was running this game... :ninja:
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Roslin has privately discarded two cards (frakkin' cancer) in order to activate the President's Office.

Hit me with a Quorum Card please.

(Do we normally discard in-thread and face-up?)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

IIRC only the top card of each discard pile (they are separated by color) is visible.

edit: although I may be thinking of Dominion
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Roslin has privately discarded two cards (frakkin' cancer) in order to activate the President's Office.

Yeah, the discarded skill cards are not secret so you can discard them in thread and face-up.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Roslin has privately discarded two cards (frakkin' cancer) in order to activate the President's Office.

Yeah, the discarded skill cards are not secret so you can discard them in thread and face-up.
In that case, I discard one Executive Order and one Eliminate Cylon Loading Party, and I activate the President's Newton's Cradle. Where's my Qcard?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

In that case, I discard one Executive Order and one Eliminate Cylon Loading Party, and I activate the President's Newton's Cradle. Where's my Qcard?
What the heck is "Eliminate Cylon Loading Party"? I don't think that is a skill card. Is it a quorum card? I don't think you can discard those to activate the location. :?
Lars

Post by Lars »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

What the heck is "Eliminate Cylon Loading Party"? I don't think that is a skill card. Is it a quorum card? I don't think you can discard those to activate the location. :?
Hush you, Grund knows what he is doing.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lars wrote:Hush you, Grund knows what he is doing.
/Removes slice of bread from loaf. Slides it down the crack of Lars' ass then hands it to Chaosraven.
"Here, have a snack."
:twisted:
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Grundebegriff/Roslin discards 2 skill cards Executive Order 1 and Consolidate Power 1 to activate the President's Office location. He then draws 1 Quorum card, and we're waiting to see if he wants to draw a second quorum card or play one.
Last edited by Turtle on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Turtle wrote:Grundebegriff/Roslin discards 2 skill cards Executive Order 1 and Consolidate Power 1 to activate the President's Office location. He then draws 1 Quorum card, and we're not waiting to see if he wants to draw a second quorum card or play one.
We're not?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Turtle wrote:we're not waiting to see if he wants to draw a second quorum card or play one.
? We aren't? Then what are we doing? :P
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Turtle wrote:we're not waiting to see if he wants to draw a second quorum card or play one.
? We aren't? Then what are we doing? :P
That was so much fun that I think I'll draw a second one.
Turtle

Re: BSG Boardgame Gameplay - TURN 2 Crisis

Post by Turtle »

Sorry, not sure how the "not" got in there. When I type while tired I often insert or drop words at random, it's really odd.

Turn 2 - Grundebegriff/Roslin
Movement: None
Action: Discard 2 skill cards Executive Order 1 and Consolidate Power 1 to activate the President's Office location. He then draws 2 quorum cards.

Roslin then draws 2 crisis cards, and must decide which one to resolve, and which one to place on the bottom of the deck.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Is it alright for me to make comments regarding which one he should choose?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Is it alright for me to make comments regarding which one he should choose?
Sure, although you will in no case learn what the two options are. ;)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:Is it alright for me to make comments regarding which one he should choose?
I actually already know what your first one is. That is my ability. I look at the top crisis and either leave it there or send it to the bottom of the deck. I left that one there. Hint hint.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
I actually already know what your first one is. That is my ability. I look at the top crisis and either leave it there or send it to the bottom of the deck. I left that one there. Hint hint.
Yeah, but for all I know, you're a dirty toaster trying to You Know What to our You Know What all under the cover of a something something that we have no hope of Blanking.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

BTW, since you are new I'd like to point out that "jumps" usually require resources to make any distance. :wink:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:BTW, since you are new I'd like to point out that "jumps" usually require resources to make any distance. :wink:
I just don't want to write a check we cannot cash.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:BTW, since you are new I'd like to point out that "jumps" usually require resources to make any distance. :wink:
I just don't want to write a check we cannot cash.
Fair enough but I consider the reward of that one well worth the risk. You will need to make your own evaluation. Either way I learn something about you as you do about me.
Turtle

Re: BSG Boardgame Gameplay - TURN 2 CRISIS

Post by Turtle »

Even with the battle escalating outside, Roslin keeps the quorum on track and pushes through 2 bills as tensions in the civilian population get out of control.

Crisis: Riots
Admiral Chooses:

-1 Food, -1 morale
OR
-1 population, -1 fuel

After Crisis: Launch Raiders (All basestars on the board will launch 3 raiders).

Waiting on the Admiral (Chaosraven/Cain) to make the decision.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Turtle wrote:Even with the battle escalating outside, Roslin keeps the quorum on track and pushes through 2 bills as tensions in the civilian population get out of control.

Crisis: Riots
Admiral Chooses:

-1 Food, -1 morale
OR
-1 population, -1 fuel

After Crisis: Launch Raiders (All basestars on the board will launch 3 raiders).

Waiting on the Admiral (Chaosraven/Cain) to make the decision.
:shock:
Grund needs to be thrown in the brig.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote: :shock:
What was the other one?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

He can't say other than generalities that can't even mention parts of it. All cards viewed in such a way must be kept secret. At most, you can say it's good or bad, maybe even "it would have killed us", or "this should be helpful in our current situation."

Please check the first post under the secrecy rules.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Party pooper.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
What was the other one?
The other one would have brought about dire consequences, from my perspective. And since the Delphic oracle and I are like this <*gesture*>, you should trust me on this.

Anyone got some oxycontin?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I thought you were more of a kamala extract kind of girl.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
What was the other one?
Interesting. Boomer, did the other crisis help us charge the jump drive?