Against Brendan(2): Grundbegriff, Lagom Lite
Against Grundbegriff(3): Brendan, Unagi, Lassr

Votes required for offage: 4

No vote registered: Scoop20906, tru1cy
guess you missed Scoop, again.
Grundbegriff

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 4

Post by Grundbegriff »

Brendan wrote:Scoop voted for you on the previous page.
Ah. Missed that.

See?

So I'm dead. Good luck, team non-Evil.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:Brendan seems to think the game will go on, after Brendan is dead - you do too Grund.
Hmmm.

Maybe it is tru1cy.
that would not shock me.
nor me
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:
  • Scoop20906 acc Grundbegriff(1)
  • Lassr acc Brendan(1)
  • Grundbegriff acc Brendan(2)
  • Lagom Lite acc Brendan(3)
  • Brendan acc Grundbegriff(2)
  • Unagi acc Grundbegriff(3)
  • Lassr acc Grundbegriff(4), killing him
Against Grundbegriff(4): Scoop20906, Brendan, Unagi, Lassr

No vote registered: tru1cy
Fixed. Action on stessier.
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:Brendan now is similar to early Unagi: pushy when wrong, and therefore hard to read since wrong-pushy looks a lot like evil/manipulative.

So I'm torn over the idea that Brendan is serious that I'm misreading him. All along, I've felt he was evil and he I. Hilarious if we're both mistaken.

tru1cy volunteered to die as an innocent (when none was called for). He then voted against himself (IIRC), which is totally in character.

He then took out Isgrimnur when the vote had them both on the precipice. When has good tru1cy ever done such a thing?
I haven't played with Brendan enough to know if he is out character but tru1cy has been with his early activity and the vote switch.
You have been simply for not paying attention (or lack of time to read and understand).

Honestly, I'd rather kill Tru1cy or Grund first. Brendan had dropped down on my threat list a few days ago. But I was willing to go Brendan first if everyone else thought so.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Brendan wrote:Scoop voted for you on the previous page.
Ah. Missed that.

See?

So I'm dead. Good luck, team non-Evil.
Oh.
Well, let's see what happens.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote:Honestly, I'd rather kill Tru1cy or Grund first. Brendan had dropped down on my threat list a few days ago. But I was willing to go Brendan first if everyone else thought so.
Don't worry. If Brendan turns out to be evil, this won't be the first time you've been duped. ;)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I will happily cast the first vote against myself if there's a tomorrow.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:Honestly, I'd rather kill Tru1cy or Grund first. Brendan had dropped down on my threat list a few days ago. But I was willing to go Brendan first if everyone else thought so.
Don't worry. If Brendan turns out to be evil, this won't be the first time you've been duped. ;)

You've been wrong a LOT in this game. :P

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Brendan wrote:I will happily cast the first vote against myself if there's a tomorrow.
Heh. But will it stick?

Pretty sure you'll be alive, eh?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
You've been wrong a LOT in this game. :P
But have I been duped?
stessier

Post by stessier »

VOTING IS CLOSED!
  • Scoop20906 acc Grundbegriff(1)
  • Lassr acc Brendan(1)
  • Grundbegriff acc Brendan(2)
  • Lagom Lite acc Brendan(3)
  • Brendan acc Grundbegriff(2)
  • Unagi acc Grundbegriff(3)
    Lassr wd Brendan (2)
  • Lassr acc Grundbegriff(4), killing him
Against Grundbegriff(4): Scoop20906, Brendan, Unagi, Lassr

No vote registered: tru1cy
Last edited by stessier on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 1

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:I've finally had a chance to read the entire thread.

It has been a while since I've shared a suspicion matrix in these games, so I'll jump right out of the gate with one.

I have forced myself to assign every player to a role. In some cases, these are strong suspicions; in others, they're swags.

Code: Select all

Batman    Brendan or Unagi (wrong)
Rachel    Lassr (right)
Alfred    theohall (wrong)
Gordon    Newcastle (wrong?)
Lucius    Mr Bubbles (wrong)
Dent      Scoop or Unagi (wrong)
Joker     Scoop or Brendan (wrong)
Sniper    Isgrimnur (wrong)
Ramirez   tru1cy (right?)
Citizen01 Grundbegriff (right)
Citizen02 Chaosraven (wrong)
Citizen03 Remus West (wrong)
Citizen04 Lagom Lite (wrong)
Citizen05 Semaj (wrong)
I, too, don't want to discourage tru1cy's more active participation. On the other hand, I can envision an evil team on which tru1cy and his partners decide that he should be more visible precisely because it will attract attention and lead people to the conclusion that it must be innocent.

tru1cy 

I'm willing to vote against any of {Scoop | Brendan | Isgrimnur | tru1cy}. What say ye?
Augmented to indicate the outcomes. That's really no better than random guessing, which is what it was.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Adieu. Remember me.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Guess I'll find out tonight. Off to play disc golf.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

oh wait, voting is closed already...now let's see how quick the results come up. I'll hang for 5 more minutes but I won't hold my breath. :D

Black Lives Matter
stessier

The Dark Knight - End Act 4

Post by stessier »

Whipped into a fury, the mob tore through the streets.

Grund was the target and he submitted with nary a fight (although enough words to choke a horse).

A check of his residence yielded nothing of interest.

Grund was a Citizen.

Oops - the Mob hung its head in shame as it dispersed.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boilerplate:
  • Batman - who will you scan for the Joker?
  • Alfred - who will you scan in the morgue?
  • Commissioner - who will you protect?
  • Lucius - where will you look for the Sniper?
  • Harvey - who will you investigate for Ramirez?

• Two Face - who will you kidnap and interrogate?

• Joker - where will you look for Batman/Harvey?
  • Sniper - where will you look for the Commissioner?
  • Ramirez - who will you investigate for being Rachel?
  • Bad Guys - who will you kill?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Re: The Dark Knight - End of Act 4

Post by Brendan »

Ha - well, that's a shame. Mutually Assured Lynching between G and I. I guess we both need to chill.

I'm not going to make any woe is me speeches - tomorrow's result is pre-ordained, which means that we'll go to the final day. I would caution everyone to look closely at Lagom's record to see if there's anything falsifiable that comes up, but tru1cy's curious behavior ("Oh, I'll die first. Or, actually, maybe we'll go with Isgrimnur.") will surely be the deciding factor, I expect.

Once daylight comes, I'll be voting for myself. If y'all run up the vote on tru1cy (or Lagom), I'll cast a deciding vote for either them, but otherwise I will refrain.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Oh Well.. I would have placed my vote on Brendan, but I'll get a chance tomorrow
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

tru1cy wrote:Oh Well.. I would have placed my vote on Brendan, but I'll get a chance tomorrow
Great! Please, elaborate on why you think I'm the remaining bad guy.
Lassr

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 2

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:To place my vote. I could be wrong, but Brendan is playing a different game
Please elaborate, dear Bubbles. I'm fancy free - just like always!
It has to do with participation levels and something else I can't put my finger on. On retrospect one other person that has my interest is Semaj. He is definitely playing a totally different game. Much more controlled than the typical Semaj of old. My vote is not strong on you, but I haven't had the time to analyze which is why I am very uncertain this game, that being said it has to be on someone. Forgive me if I am totally off base. I might be convinced to switch to Semaj. Maybe. Either that or Scoop just for spamming the thread.
dialog exchange referenced for use tomorrow (just in case I die).

page 15

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote: Right now I believe Brendan to be evil. I'll hold my vote for now but he is my main suspect currently.
++

Want to hear some discussion, not just Scoop screaming, "Lynch Remus West."
page 13

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I have to say the banter is quite amusing in this game. That being said I'd slow down on the Remus train and make sure we learn or give the opportunity to learn a few more things, before we create the shortest day in WW history. I'll have to check up on Semaj, Brendan and Lassr. Not all for the same reason. Lassr has been quiet and that intrigues me. Semaj's play just seems different to me, but maybe he's learned from his previous games so that may or may not mean anything. I'm honestly in the dark at this point and with so many roled players there may be many reasons why people are acting the way they are. It's really all I have to go on right now, but I'm not ready to jump on the Remus train just yet, and you know how much I'm always willing to do it normally.
page 13

2 known innocents mixed in with Brendan on his list.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:Well... it seems no one believes Chaosraven is a bad guy. He is still a suspect, but not one of my top 3 now.

Tru1cy is acting strange - kinda like something that happened in a recent event with someone else. Powered good guy - but playing different to avoid the attention drawn by being silent - - which gets him killed in big crowd games.

Remus West is being his usual self in choosing someone to annoy, in this instance Semaj, and Semaj is rising to the bait. Nothing guilty in either of those actions.

Grund is being Grund setting up a matrix for us, which isn't what he really thinks, but uses to get some reaction from us to determine our actual roles (He might actually think that stuff, but it isn't meant to be taken as an end-all-be-all matrix). bad guy

Mr Bubbles is staying moderately involved as he usually does when a good guy - citizen

Newcastle is dead again.

Brendan is actually more involved which is a good thing, since the last time he wasn't, we offed him. Asking reasonable questions and challenging Grund is always a good thing as it furthers discussion and makes it easier to find the bad guys. good guy citizen

Scoop is being Scoop staying locked on Remus West - as I have done in the past, much to my detriment. Probably a good guy - citizen

Unagi - I can never read this guy, so there is no point in any comments from me on him. But - let's say bad guy, this time. :)

Lagom Lite - active as usual. He's been both bad and good with this style. Leaning towards good guy.

Lassr - One of the powered good guys, most likely.

theohall - working too many doggone hours (13 today), so don't have time to be involved in the conversations. This is my effort to cover what I've read.

Semaj - see Remus West

Isgrimnur - kinda quiet - bad guy

I know this doesn't account for all the possible good guy combinations, but it does account for 3 bad guys.

Isgrimnur 

page 9

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I'm reluctant at this point to switch to tru1cy, just because I don't think an active tru1cy is an evil tru1cy, but [ezmate] it's been a killer week and I haven't had much time to keep up, let alone contribute much [/ezmate], but I'll try to reread everything tonight.
page 9

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:Outing Alfred reduces the number of folks bad guys have to scan. Given they have 3 scans per night (on top of Ramirez's morgue scan) reducing their pool of suspects isn't necessarily a good thing.

Only positive I see is we gain information, but at what cost. It gives the bad guys a guaranteed target whom they never have to scan and can attempt to kill whenever they desire. Meanwhile, one of their own is busy playing Alfred on the side and we have to decide which one is the real Alfred. Kill the wrong one and now the bad guys can feed you bad information. Of course, 50/50 is better than guessing amongst the field, but a wrong 50/50 takes away a valuable good guy tool.

This doesn't look like a plus move for Day Two, to me.
talking Alfred strategy after Newcastle death.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote: Mr Bubbles 

Because he is #2 on Scoop's list and tru1cy already has a vote.

In other words, I got nothing. Besides, why not get him killed early in back-to-back events? :)
fires at his partner right out the gate

page 2

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 3

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Brendan wrote: I would speculate that, given the rapidity of theohall's capture, the bad guys didn't have much time to coordinate their moves. Consequently, I would guess that it's unlikely that any bad guys participated on the theohall train. Ergo, I would prioritize Grund and Bubbles, followed by tru1cy and myself, but I grant it's self-serving.
This is a weak logic. I would venture to say that at least one bad guy was on the theohall train. To just narrow it down that way and to make an assumption like that would be dangerous. Now people who have claimed roles are one thing, but to just say look at only those who didn't vote theo would be bad. Of course if you have something to hide I would understand making a blanket assumption like that.
I didn't present it as any sort of foolproof plan, Herr Bubbles. Not that your dissension means much given that you're one of the two I'm targeting - it doesn't surprise me that you're objecting.
It doesn't surprised me one bit that you're trying to go on the offensive since you've been a target for a while, so what does any of this really mean. Its up to the individual to decide who is a guilty party or not. I trust everyone to make their own minds, but regardless if you said or didn't say it was full proof.. it still seems specious at best. I still believe you are guilty, but I'll leave it up to the deduction of the other guests, but to answer another question. I do claim to be a simple citizen, but have chosen not to come out until now. It just seemed to do more justice to the bad guys to see who claimed innocence since they already removed themselves from the mix. No doubt a few people are lying about their roles, but hey... you follow a simple logic and you'll get a flawed answer. Anyway... I am off until Wednesday. Have fun folks and I'll see you soon.. Hopefully.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I find it interesting how several people are starting to try to make things happen. There are several people who are starting to act really suspicious, but I suppose if you're a bad guy you have to start making some moves. Of course some people are probably worried that they might get found out at this point. The pool is narrowing down and they're starting to sweat. Lassr, Brendan, and Grund are all on my list.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Vote Count - Act 3
  • Grund acc Brendan (1)
  • Bubbles acc Brendan (2)
    Grund wd Brendan (0)
    Grund acc Lassr (1)
    Brendan acc Bubbles (1)
    Scoop acc Lassr (2)
    Scoop wd Lassr (1)
  • tru1cy acc Brendan (2)
  • Lassr acc Grund (1)
    Brendan wd Bubbles (0)
    Brendan acc Grund (2)
    Grund wd Lassr (0)
  • Grund acc Brendan (3)
    Brendan wd Grund (1)
Mob rule occurs at 5 votes.

Against Brendan (3): Bubbles, tru1cy, Grund
Against Grund (1): Lassr

No votes: Scoop, Lagom, Remus, Unagi, Brendan
Bubbles started the Brendan vote and tru1cy jumped on at #2.

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Brendan my gut feeling is you are bad guy, but I'm not going back to link post or lay out my train of thought. Vote me off if you like, but if I survive I will be placing my vote on anyone but me
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

/inspects Wayne Manor.

/brings out the Duster. Mm, duster.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

tru1cy wrote:Brendan my gut feeling is you are bad guy, but I'm not going back to link post or lay out my train of thought. Vote me off if you like, but if I survive I will be placing my vote on anyone but me
Well, you've certainly cemented your death on the final day. I don't understand why you said this - if you're a good guy, we'll lose because of it. If you're a bad guy, you've lost because of it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Processing...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote: Brendan 

I still think it's tru1cy, for the record. But I'm never right about these things.
let's not forget about Lagom Lite

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Reading through his post, he has been really non confrontational, not many/any lists of suspects that I saw on quick glance, seems to be going with the flow

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:Reading through his post, he has been really non confrontational, not many/any lists of suspects that I saw on quick glance, seems to be going with the flow
Yep, this is the one thing that has been troubling me.

I swear, it's like Grund, Brendan, Tru1cy, and Lagom all played their best to look as creepy as can be.
stessier

The Dark Knight - Act 5

Post by stessier »

It was a cold morning in Gotham - but it shouldn't have been cold enough for this!

Gotham Eyewitness News was reporting that Lassr's house was completely encased in a block of ice. It is unclear how it happened or how long it would take to melt. While the police work to sort it out, the Mob grows restless. Who will be today's victim of vigilante justice?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2010 Gotham Census - Updated
  1. tru1cy
  2. Mr Bubbles
  3. Scoop20906
  4. Chaosraven
  5. Newcastle
  6. Lagom Lite
  7. Lassr
  8. Remus West
  9. Grundbegriff
  10. theohall
  11. Unagi
  12. Semaj
  13. Isgrimnur
  14. Brendan
Boilerplate
  • Sniper - will you shoot someone?
  • Lynch mob - get 3 of you to agree and "thy will be done"
Last edited by stessier on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

One question I've been asking myself.

If I am going to hand this game to 1 evil player among:
Brendan / tru1cy / Lagom
Who would I feel best about earning their win?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

For crying out loud - we were in the middle of a conversation !

:|