Silly pics...what'cha got??....maybe NSFW

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

Re: Silly pics...what'cha got??....maybe NSFW

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lacks The School of Rock and a guy named Rocky.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Hrdina wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:22 pm
I hope my mom doesn't find out about that. She got rid of my Eagle a long time ago when she moved while I was in college.
My mother gave away all of my Star Wars figures and Lego sets while I was away at college. I was really upset when I found out.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I still have my original 12 Star Wars figures plus the base you can put them all on.

Probably not worth a whole lot as most of them are missing their accessories.

I also have complete sets of the Burger King glasses from each of the original movies.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have my original 70s Kenner X-Wing in box minus packaging material.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I have a complete set of my gall bladder in a jar.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:48 pm I have a complete set of my gall bladder in a jar.
Show and Tell is going to be awesome.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

gbasden wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:30 pm
Hrdina wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:22 pm
I hope my mom doesn't find out about that. She got rid of my Eagle a long time ago when she moved while I was in college.
My mother gave away all of my Star Wars figures and Lego sets while I was away at college. I was really upset when I found out.
My Dad had all the famous first comics (Superman, Batman, etc). My grandmother tossed them when he left for college in 1958.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hoping my original 1980s Secret Wars 1 - 12 become valuable once Deadpool 3 is big. Or what comes next.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:34 pm I hoping my original 1980s Secret Wars 1 - 12 become valuable once Deadpool 3 is big. Or what comes next.
Most are worth $10 - $30 right now. #1, in mint condition, is a little over $100 (and it's very unlikely that you have mint condition - very few are rated that high while they're still at the printer's.) A typical owned copy that's in really good condition would be around $40. The exception is #8 from December '84, which is worth ~$300 mint, and $50+ in typical condition (it was the first appearance of the Venom symbiote.)

The entire set, combined, at near-mint condition, is theoretically worth around $500.

Realistically, you're not going to get anywhere near that, even if you have them all near-mint (and again, you probably don't - it's unlikely that any comic lasts 40 years in NM condition unless it's been kept in controlled conditions, like bagged in UV-blocking mylar on acid-free boards and kept in ideal temperatures/humidity.) You'd have to have choice issues, you'd need to have had them professionally graded and slabbed, and you'd have to find a buyer.

Unslabbed, in 'Fine' condition, you'd be lucky to get $150 for the set, and that would be a stretch.

I doubt Deadpool 3 will have much impact on that (Deadpool doesn't appear in it - he didn't exist yet, although he was retconned into the story later.) It may go up in value when the Secret Wars film comes out in 2027, though. But it's not going to go up enough to make you more than $25 on most of the issues.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In my father's basement are around 1500 comics in various states of decomposition. All are from the late 70's through the early 90's. I would imagine IF i'd taken care of them, they would be worth something. :(
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:56 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:34 pm I hoping my original 1980s Secret Wars 1 - 12 become valuable once Deadpool 3 is big. Or what comes next.
Most are worth $10 - $30 right now. #1, in mint condition, is a little over $100 (and it's very unlikely that you have mint condition - very few are rated that high while they're still at the printer's.) A typical owned copy that's in really good condition would be around $40. The exception is #8 from December '84, which is worth ~$300 mint, and $50+ in typical condition (it was the first appearance of the Venom symbiote.)

The entire set, combined, at near-mint condition, is theoretically worth around $500.

Realistically, you're not going to get anywhere near that, even if you have them all near-mint (and again, you probably don't - it's unlikely that any comic lasts 40 years in NM condition unless it's been kept in controlled conditions, like bagged in UV-blocking mylar on acid-free boards and kept in ideal temperatures/humidity.) You'd have to have choice issues, you'd need to have had them professionally graded and slabbed, and you'd have to find a buyer.

Unslabbed, in 'Fine' condition, you'd be lucky to get $150 for the set, and that would be a stretch.

I doubt Deadpool 3 will have much impact on that (Deadpool doesn't appear in it - he didn't exist yet, although he was retconned into the story later.) It may go up in value when the Secret Wars film comes out in 2027, though. But it's not going to go up enough to make you more than $25 on most of the issues.
I think the current idea is that D3 will have a sort of tie in with Secret Wars and may even have a sort of intro for the beyonder or someone like him.
However the 2 random articles i read about that made it clear it's only a rumor.
Either way I am very much looking forward to seeing this.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

......those were the days.

Enlarge Image
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Not silly, sorry. Just think it's interesting.

McNutt

Post by McNutt »

So if I make it to 100 (and assuming my wife does not), I'll be beating them off with a stick.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm struck by how much us boomer still dominate the demographics, and how soon we'll drop out. The python is close to devouring its pig. Also how millennials really are the biggest generation ever. Also how the pedestal keeps getting smaller.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I don't know if I want another woman, they keep dieing off on me.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Kraken wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 pm I'm struck by how much us boomer still dominate the demographics, and how soon we'll drop out. The python is close to devouring its pig. Also how millennials really are the biggest generation ever. Also how the pedestal keeps getting smaller.
I'm struck by just how few lower 50's there are compared to everyone else.

As many 50 year old men as there are 68 year old women.

Aslo, something took a huge bite out of the 78-year-old population vs 77-year-old (male and female), isn't that odd?
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Unagi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:47 am
Kraken wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 pm I'm struck by how much us boomer still dominate the demographics, and how soon we'll drop out. The python is close to devouring its pig. Also how millennials really are the biggest generation ever. Also how the pedestal keeps getting smaller.
I'm struck by just how few lower 50's there are compared to everyone else.

As many 50 year old men as there are 68 year old women.

Aslo, something took a huge bite out of the 78-year-old population vs 77-year-old (male and female), isn't that odd?
The population from age 1 to 15 is also much lower than older generations when they were at that same age. Maybe that can be explained by the fact that there were less Gen Xers than Boomers, and now it follows that there are less Gen Zers (I'm not sure what they're called now) than Xers?
FTE
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:47 am Aslo, something took a huge bite out of the 78-year-old population vs 77-year-old (male and female), isn't that odd?
Not sure why I didn't see it like this - it's just the babyboom. :doh:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Why are there so many 23-year-olds?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What else was there to do in the last quarter of 2001? Not like there was anything good on tv.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:56 am What else was there to do in the last quarter of 2001? Not like there was anything good on tv.
Actually, they were 23-year-olds in 2023, so I'll assume they were mostly conceived on New Years 2000

again :doh:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Unagi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:54 am Why are there so many 23-year-olds?
They listen to blink-182?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

I assume the surplus of women in old age is due to life-expectancy differences between the sexes. But what explains the persistent surplus of young men?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:46 pm I assume the surplus of women in old age is due to life-expectancy differences between the sexes. But what explains the persistent surplus of young men?
About 51% of live births are male. I don't know if there's a definitive theory that explains why that is so.

Why are more boys than girls born every single year?
Since records began in 1838, the cries of babies born every year have been predominately male.

In not one year, stretching back to the start of Queen Victoria's reign, have girls outnumbered boys at birth.

In 2017, in England and Wales, for example, there were 348,071 live male births and 331,035 live female births - a difference of roughly 17,000.

And that higher tally of males compared to females born each year is a pattern that has repeated itself for nearly 180 years.

In fact, a ratio of roughly 105 male births for every 100 female ones is generally seen as natural and normal.

It is fairly consistent around the world, although in some countries like China and India the gap is wider because male offspring are more desirable.

More surprisingly, it is a ratio that has been known about since the 17th Century.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Evolution adapting to the social fact that boys are more likely than girls to die from various accidents before reaching puberty? (or at least they were, before the age of TikTok challenges...)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

gilraen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:07 pm Evolution adapting to the social fact that boys are more likely than girls to die from various accidents before reaching puberty? (or at least they were, before the age of TikTok challenges...)
Or that young adult males have traditionally had a predilection for violent and hazardous activities such as war.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Weird. When I was little I thought there were more girls born then.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I thought it until now. I thought I saw a report where it was 53% girls. Now I need to do research.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:47 am I thought it until now.

Yeah, the initial graph pretty much was a surprise to me. My entire life I was told woman outnumbered my slightly and even though I was also told that women outlive men by upwards of five years, I still made the apparently incorrect leap that slight more girl babies are born every year than boy babies.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The life expectancy difference between men and women is a far from simple thing.

It's true that men have generally been more likely than women to have physically dangerous jobs and risk having to go to war, but that's more than balanced out by the fact that the great majority of women go through the dangerous process of childbirth, and most of them risk it more than once (historically often many times). And of course even war almost always produces greater risks to civilians than to soldiers.

In more modern times, the difference has been attributed to the career stress (and chemical compensation for stress) that comes from being the male breadwinner. Now that more (even most?) families are two-career couples, I wonder if that will balance out.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Enlarge Image
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LOL!!!!!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I wish they had not felt the need to circle those. I'd have rather found em.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Yeah, it falls into under the 'unnecessary caption' fallacy.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

heh, and now that I've seen 3 examples of them, I no longer find it as clever.

:lol:
Holman

Post by Holman »

One of the tailpipes should be upside down.