2024 Fundraising - $0 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

WW Viking Ship - GAME OVER - English Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

coopasonic

Re: WW Viking Ship - Game thread - (day 1)

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote:Frustrated that it takes until the deadline every freaking time to come together on a lynch? Yes.
Remus West wrote:I do have a question for Coop though......what deadline?
I wasn't talking about these games in general. I was going to follow up with "but this game doesn't even have a deadline!" but then I decided that would be calling out the mod and that wasn't necessary.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

coopasonic wrote:
coopasonic wrote:Frustrated that it takes until the deadline every freaking time to come together on a lynch? Yes.
Remus West wrote:I do have a question for Coop though......what deadline?
I wasn't talking about these games in general. I was going to follow up with "but this game doesn't even have a deadline!" but then I decided that would be calling out the mod and that wasn't necessary.

Newcastle says:

I will not let things drag out with no end in sight.

This is the second time you said something to this effect today, and i resisted the urge earlier to intercede. So i figure will address things head on. For example, today, being day 1....its really only the "4th" day. Thursday being day 1, friday day 2, weekend day 3, and today day 4. The first day of any game is usually a bit of a slog i find. BUt it tends to pick up its natural rhythm at some point.

To further elucidate: If for example this Friday comes and it seems like no movement (day 8 by my book for day 1), I will greatly consider adding a time limit over the weekend. Another angle to consider, is say day 4 drags on, around day 6, i will add in a time limit.

I should further add, that i prefer any movement in these games to be player driven and not due to a mods artificial deadline, that's my main reason as to why i havent set any firm or hard deadline.

Is below satisfactory to you? Or should i shorten it to 48 hours?
MY time limits solution:

1. Deadline will last a total of three days. (72 hours).
2. There will be a 24 hour warning that you are approach the deadline phase.
3. Once the deadline phase warning has passed. I will then give a hard 48 hours deadline.
4. Once the final 48 hours have passed with no resolution, I will use random.org to select the lynch.
5. The deadlines will generally be late pacific time most likely 10 PM pacific time.
Carry on :D
Last edited by Newcastle on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes:

Arcanis (2) - Coopasonic, Grundbegriff,

RMC (1) - Scoop,

Scoop (1)- RMC,

Theohall (1) - Chaosraven,

Purge (1) - Qantaga,

Grundbegriff (4) - Truicy, Purge, Theohall, Arcanis,

Lagom Lite (1) - Remus West,

Majority is 7

NO VOTES CAST: Lagom Lite,

if there are any errors please let me know
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

withdraw Arcanis 

Calculating...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

...and that's why I originally withheld the comment. ;)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

coopasonic wrote:...and that's why I originally withheld the comment. ;)
All good, just wanted to clarify a bit more. :D
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

There is a sudden clap of thunder and brilliant flash of lightning. From nowhere a powerful gale blows and rain pours from the heavens. The group shields their eyes from the gusts of wind. Then in the distance atop of far off hill Scoop appears.

Scoop hold his plastic sword allot and charges down the hill towards the group.

"CHRRRRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Um. Shouldn't you be shouting "Odin" or "All Father"? Maybe even "One Eye?"
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:"CHRRRRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I used to prefer Firefox, but I have to say that after trying it out, I'm a believer.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop you nitwit, we are vikings, we do not quote Trace Adkin songs:
Chrome

Withdraw Scoop 

If he is on team evil, he is doing a bang up job of drawing attention to himself...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

withdraw Grund 

I think I'm just going to sit back and wait a bit, at least until Lagom "changes his mind like a woman" Lite quits toying with us. I want something to go on and Grund claiming evil was the strongest case, despite it being insane. Gut is saying Tru1cy still, though Scoop is begging for a vote just to shut him up.

At least the bad Norse translations have stopped. (I swear that if one of you guys starts that up again before the night phase I'm voting for you).
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop continues to charge down the hill his plastic sword fluttering in the gale.

"CHRRRRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

purge

Post by purge »

This is a relaxing pace, compared to the whiplash you get from the noose over at GT. :doh:

The players who play others have gotten better, and learned new moves and stalemates.

Grund is being coy, Remus is cutting new directions. There is no difference in play from every other time I've seen these two play, good or evil. Not consistently in either, but it certainly is comm- could someone please get the plastic hilt out of scoops mouth? He's going to choke on that.

As I was saying, they are being common. Arcanis is "new"? or just, like me, absent for ages? I have no problems for voting for him with enough evidence.

At this point, I'm going to  withdraw Grund 

theohall

Post by theohall »

The more I think about this, the more I want to put my vote back on Chaosraven.

Initially, attempting to be very helpful. Since mentioning this, he has been strangely quiet. Not silent, just quiet. Don't changes like this usually indicate something? They have in recent games.

So....

withdraw Grundbegriff

Keelhaul Chaosraven 

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Arcanis wrote: withdraw Grund 

I think I'm just going to sit back and wait a bit, at least until Lagom "changes his mind like a woman" Lite quits toying with us.
If you're not a leader, you're a follower. Followers aren't vikings. And you've been following people around all day.

Arcanis 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

lol at first I thought Scoop was writing up a power reveal, but then I remembered Newcastle is the mod...
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

RMC wrote:Scoop you nitwit, we are vikings, we do not quote Trace Adkin songs:
Chrome

Withdraw Scoop 

If he is on team evil, he is doing a bang up job of drawing attention to himself...
Wait, what? You think? I think he's actually quite under the radar.
Is there anyone in hell?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop charges down the hill. He steps in a muddy puddle and splashes cold water all over his loincloth. His deep Viking roar turns falsetto for a moment.

"CHRRRRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

RMC

Post by RMC »

Lagom Lite wrote:
RMC wrote:Scoop you nitwit, we are vikings, we do not quote Trace Adkin songs:
Chrome

Withdraw Scoop 

Wait, what? You think? I think he's actually quite under the radar.
I think we just look at it differently. Scoop is the crazy uncle who get's drunk at the Christmas get together and says inappropriate things that makes all the teens in the family giggle and the matriarchs frown. In your eyes, he is acting normal therefore, he is under the radar. I seem to think that the more crazy Scoop acts, there is a reason for it. Figuring out that reason is not always easy, but to me it draws my attention to him. <shrug>

I could be wrong and this is Scoop just trying to see who targets him.... or not.. I have not decided which Scoop it is yet. Hence the attention I attributed to him. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Maybe that's what this is. He's being a bit eccentric even for Scoop.
theohall

Post by theohall »

You guys are aware Lars Bak, a Dane, is one of the wizards behind Google Chrome, right?

Of course, Scoop is eccentric. Why is he waving around a plastic sword? Don't Vikings use real swords?
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:You guys are aware Lars Bak, a Dane, is one of the wizards behind Google Chrome, right?

Of course, Scoop is eccentric. Why is he waving around a plastic sword? Don't Vikings use real swords?
I think it started as a real sword, then Remus? changed it to a plastic sword, and he went with it.

Just like his cry started out as CHROM, and got changed to Chrome after the hive mind changed it for him. :)
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:You guys are aware Lars Bak, a Dane, is one of the wizards behind Google Chrome, right?

I think it started as a real sword, then Remus? changed it to a plastic sword, and he went with it.

Just like his cry started out as CHROM, and got changed to Chrome after the hive mind changed it for him. :)
And Lagom was calling me a follower. :wink:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

theohall wrote:The more I think about this, the more I want to put my vote back on Chaosraven.

Initially, attempting to be very helpful. Since mentioning this, he has been strangely quiet. Not silent, just quiet. Don't changes like this usually indicate something? They have in recent games.
"very helpful"? I listed how many strikes we have. You are trying too hard. It's not me, dude.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Now, who are you trying to protect?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Arcanis wrote: withdraw Grund 

I think I'm just going to sit back and wait a bit, at least until Lagom "changes his mind like a woman" Lite quits toying with us.
If you're not a leader, you're a follower. Followers aren't vikings. And you've been following people around all day.

Arcanis 

A warband composed of only warchiefs doesn't get any plunder. They just sit around arguing over who will do what.

It is day 1 there is nothing to go on. Right now anyone's guess is probably as good as anyone else's. I'm just going with the flow of the game and watching to see who does what in the hopes of catching someone slipping up and hoping it wasn't a good powered player making a gaff.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes:

Arcanis (2) - Coopasonic, Lagom Lite,

RMC (1) - Scoop,

Theohall (1) - Chaosraven,

Purge (1) - Qantaga,

Grundbegriff (1) - Truicy,

Lagom Lite (1) - Remus West,

Chaosraven (1) - Theohall,

Majority is 7

NO VOTES CAST: Grundbegriff, RMC, Arcanis, Purge,

if there are any errors please let me know
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

MOD NOTE

I am changing how I am doing the deadline, instead of 72 hours, i will place a 48 hour deadline. I will give "hints" that a deadline is looming, prior to invoking the 48 hour

The new rules are:
MY time limits solution:

1. Deadline will last a total of 2 days. (48 hours).
2. There will be warnings that you are approach the deadline phase, most likely 24 hours prior to invoking the deadline.
3. Once I invoke the deadline players will have a hard 48 hours deadline.
4. Once the 48 hours have passed with no resolution, I will use random.org to select the lynch.
5. The deadlines will generally be late pacific time most likely 10 PM pacific time.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

purge wrote:Qan, should I self-vote to prove myself to you? :P
Let's leave WW-SpeedRound out of this game.

Probably not, you know how I feel about the self vote. :)

But, fair enough on trying to compare GT apples to OO oranges.

I'm still reading you as suspicious, but since no one else seems to agree, I'll  withdraw purge 

It looks like we're still spread to the four winds. I'll read through again this afternoon to place my vote, but Lagom keeps pinging my radar. Yesterday, he placed a vote on Grund at 12:40 (Eastern). After a few votes joined him on Grund, he came back just three hours later ( in the middle of the US workday) and tried to attribute "tells" to who was on the Grund vote and who wasn't.

It seems to me much more manufactured, than the "logical" Lagom who uncovered wolves in the past couple games.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Qantaga wrote:
purge wrote:Qan, should I self-vote to prove myself to you? :P
Let's leave WW-SpeedRound out of this game.

Probably not, you know how I feel about the self vote. :)

But, fair enough on trying to compare GT apples to OO oranges.

I'm still reading you as suspicious, but since no one else seems to agree, I'll  withdraw purge 

It looks like we're still spread to the four winds. I'll read through again this afternoon to place my vote, but Lagom keeps pinging my radar. Yesterday, he placed a vote on Grund at 12:40 (Eastern). After a few votes joined him on Grund, he came back just three hours later ( in the middle of the US workday) and tried to attribute "tells" to who was on the Grund vote and who wasn't.

It seems to me much more manufactured, than the "logical" Lagom who uncovered wolves in the past couple games.
Fair enough. But the last few games I've been low-profile in the early game, and high-profile in the late game. Early and late game differ greatly.

Truth is, there's not much to go on Day 1 - but we might succeed in stirring up some connections. Is someone protecting someone else, does it mean anything, and so on. Who is getting provoked by what, and who is not. This is what I've been trying to do, and it's been my play style when I first started out playing these games (to my detriment, usually).

I'm being manipulative and aggressive, sure. But if you know me, you know those thing don't mean I'm evil.

Now, I don't know who's evil and not. But lynching Arcanis might yield some valuable info - I just hope he's not a Special, in which case I'm really very sorry. :P
Is there anyone in hell?

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite wrote:I'm being manipulative and aggressive, sure. But if you know me, you know those thing don't mean I'm evil.
Nor do they mean you are good.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

WW Viking Ship - Game thread - (day 1)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop charges down the hill. All of a sudden he stops and drops to the ground and fishes a pebble out of sandal and then jumps back up and continues his charge down the hill.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Something must be held constant. I can think of no sacrifice more worthy than  Scoop 

Hear the lamentation, etc.
purge

Post by purge »

Remus West wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:I'm being manipulative and aggressive, sure. But if you know me, you know those thing don't mean I'm evil.
I'm not sure what I'm more bothered by - the ineptitude of Scoop for wielding a plastic sword, or the fact that he's wearing sandals .... not exactly viking attire by any stretch.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I'm not sure what I'm more bothered by - the ineptitude of Scoop for wielding a plastic sword, or the fact that he's wearing sandals .... not exactly viking attire by any stretch.
Not sure why you quoted me to make that comment. Strange.
purge

Post by purge »

Honestly? I think I'm used to the button layouts on GT, and if your msg was just above or below, that's how it ended up there.

I've been bouncing screens while working on GT reviews etc.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

purge wrote:Honestly? I think I'm used to the button layouts on GT
GT.... Is that an-- English forum? :shock:
Scoop20906

WW Viking Ship - Game thread - (day 1)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop charges down the hill. As scoop's charge leads him past a leafy thicket a six foot tall yellow chickens dives out of the bushes and tackles him knocking both to the ground. The two wrestle and roll at a 90 degree angle away from the group and towards a cliff. Their momentum takes them off the cliff and towards the jagged rocks below. The chicken starts to flap its wings while scoop holds on to its feet and continues to punch the chicken in the kidney. The chicken lets out a loud "CLUCK" and flies back towards the hill and dives knocking scoop into several trees in the process. Scoop bites the chicken's foot and the two plummet to the ground. They both rise from the ground and circle warily. Scoop unsheathes his +1 plastic battle sword and swings it at the chicken. The chicken drops a smoke pellet which explodes obscuring him with smoke and scoop's swing misses. When the smoke clears the chicken is gone. Scoop shrugs, brushes off his furs and continues his charge down the hill.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:Scoop charges down the hill. As scoop's charge leads him past a leafy thicket a six foot tall yellow chickens dives out of the bushes and tackles him knocking both to the ground. The two wrestle and roll at a 90 degree angle away from the group and towards a cliff. Their momentum takes them off the cliff and towards the jagged rocks below. The chicken starts to flap its wings while scoop holds on to its feet and continues to punch the chicken in the kidney. The chicken lets out a loud "CLUCK" and flies back towards the hill and dives knocking scoop into several trees in the process. Scoop bites the chicken's foot and the two plummet to the ground. They both rise from the ground and circle warily. Scoop unsheathes his +1 plastic battle sword and swings it at the chicken. The chicken drops a smoke pellet which explodes obscuring him with smoke and scoop's swing misses. When the smoke clears the chicken is gone. Scoop shrugs, brushes off his furs and continues his charge down the hill.

[/quote]

How long is this hill you are charging down? And why did the chicken crash to the ground because you bit it's foot. And..Why the hell am I commenting on this??? Ugh...
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

While I don't think you are evil I'm parking this here in protest of your posts:  Scoop 

Well that and you abuse of chocobo. (not to mention my mental health)