Suicide Squad Official Trailer

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: Suicide Squad Official Trailer

Post by hepcat »

Zarathud wrote:Just finished watching. I agree, a Joker + Harley v. Batflek movie would have been a great building block. Missed opportunity in DC's rush to catch up to and outdo Marvel.
While watching Leto's portrayal of the The Joker, I kept hearing "You dirty rat, you" and "Top of the world, Ma!" every time he spoke.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Also, explain the damn unicorn if you're going to focus on it more than once.
Now explained, after the film, in an interview. This is, admittedly, a poor time to make the film bits make sense.

Hint: Friendship is Magic.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

YellowKing wrote:And it would give them a chance to erase the terrible incarnations of Batgirl and Robin that Joel Schumacher vomited up.
I think that the Batman solo movie is going to do that for Robin anyway. It is supposedly based off of Under the Red Hood, which would give us one of the darker Robin stories.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk wrote:
hepcat wrote: Also, explain the damn unicorn if you're going to focus on it more than once.
Now explained, after the film, in an interview. This is, admittedly, a poor time to make the film bits make sense.

Hint: Friendship is Magic.
I thought it was a way to allude that Deckard is replicant and that this a is known secret.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Billboard
Twenty One Pilots earn historic coronations on two Billboard radio airplay charts (dated Sept. 10), becoming the first act to top the tallies simultaneously with different songs. "Ride" rides 2-1 on Pop Songs and "Heathens" jumps 3-1 on Alternative Songs.
While Twenty One Pilots are the first act to top Pop Songs and Alternative Songs simultaneously with a pair of tracks, they're the sixth to lead the Nielsen Music-based lists at the same time (the prior five having done so with the same song on both charts).
Here is the list of artists who have enjoyed concurrent No. 1s on Pop Songs and Alternative Songs (and their total weeks leading the charts at the same time):

Twenty One Pilots
2016: "Ride," Pop Songs & "Heathens," Alternative Songs (one week to date)

Green Day
2005: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (four)

Sugar Ray
1999: "Every Morning" (two)

Goo Goo Dolls
1998: "Iris" (two)

Chumbawamba
1997: "Tubthumping" (three)

Alanis Morissette
1996: "Ironic" (one)
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Extended Cut
So, it's official. Warner Bros. is releasing an Extended Cut of Suicide Squad, that controversial (but incredibly successful) supervillain blockbuster. To be released in December (just in time for Christmas), the Extended Cut will give us an additional 13 minutes of footage!

But given the behind-the-scenes editing drama surrounding the film, and Warner Brothers's insistence that an extended cut wouldn't be released, the very existence of this Extended Cut raises some truly tantalizing questions.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The radio this morning said it was pretty much all Harley Quinn footage.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And because that's what this thread's about, here's the trailer.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Just watched it. This movie was awful. That is all.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Luckily for you, they just confirmed today that they are starting work on Suicide Squad 2, that Harley will be getting a spin-off film (Gotham City Sirens, which in comic book form is Harley, Catwoman, and Ivy), and Deadshot may be as well.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Harley Quinn, The Joker and Deadshot in my opinion were the best part of the Suicide Squad, so I'm not surprised they are doing Gotham City Sirens. Here's hoping they explore Ivy and Harley's relationship.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

:) they're welcome to do what they like. I just can't beleive I just sat through a movie that was 99% exposition. I feel like Ayers was treating his audience as if their combined iq was 12.
And I've at least appreciated his other movie credits, but I feel like either I wouldn't have enjoyed these comics or he doesn't understand how to write comic book movies.
The honest trailer is brutal but true.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

tru1cy wrote:Harley Quinn, The Joker and Deadshot in my opinion were the best part of the Suicide Squad, so I'm not surprised they are doing Gotham City Sirens. Here's hoping they explore Ivy and Harley's relationship.
I thought the Joker was one of the worst parts of the movie. Both the acting was off and the scenes were just filler to have him in there. Harley Quinn and Deadshot, however, I agree with.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

EvilHomer3k wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Harley Quinn, The Joker and Deadshot in my opinion were the best part of the Suicide Squad, so I'm not surprised they are doing Gotham City Sirens. Here's hoping they explore Ivy and Harley's relationship.
I thought the Joker was one of the worst parts of the movie. Both the acting was off and the scenes were just filler to have him in there. Harley Quinn and Deadshot, however, I agree with.
My wife and I say Ditto..
She absolutely hated the Joker.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I didn't hate the Joker. I just thought he was................unnecessary.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
DD*

Post by DD* »

Just saw it, extended cut. Meh. That is all.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

DD*, meh is too kind. No idea how you made it out alive after the extended version.

If DC messes up Wonder Woman there IS going to be a problem. Please editing crew, please save the film if it's even close to this sorry attempt.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I read an article recently that said Wonder Woman suffers from the same problems as Dawn of Justice. Supposedly it was reported by the same individual who released early negative reviews of that film. Hopefully they're wrong.

They need to wrest the franchise away from Snyder. I can only imagine he has compromising photos of some DC or Time Warner exec, as their loyalty to the guy is just inexplicable to me otherwise.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

KKBlue wrote:If DC messes up Wonder Woman there IS going to be a problem. Please editing crew, please save the film if it's even close to this sorry attempt.
The sad reality is that as long as a film makes money, it's a "Success" for the studio. A success is to be duplicated.

Executive Brain Process...
Suicide Squad:
Production Budget: $175,000,000
Worldwide Earnings to Date: $745,600,054
Return on Investment: 426%
Conclusion: Success!
Action: Make 3 more just like it!
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

This video is a bit long but it goes over that technical and artistic flaws in Suicide Squad and explains why it was truly a terrible film. Its actually quite good and informative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

ps: credit for finding this video goes to Telefrog over at QT3
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I bumped into that video a few days back and watched it through. I thought it was a pretty light show, and overall not a great movie - but I didn't realize how much was technically wrong with it. I suppose I'm happier not being a high-level cinema buff and just being one of the consumers.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, I enjoyed it. I don't need to know what the people in the know know to know I enjoyed it. I just know. You know?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I watched it last weekend. Meh.

Way too many characters. Harley Quinn didn't live up to the hype (was it just me, or did her accent fluctuate wildly?)

Hated, hated, hated how they felt like they had to shoehorn a popular song into nearly every scene. It felt like such a transparent Guardians of the Galaxy rip-off, just not done nearly as well.

I didn't claw my eyes out from boredom, but as a huge DC fan I felt let down once again by their inability to make a coherent movie.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

coopasonic wrote:Yeah, I enjoyed it. I don't need to know what the people in the know know to know I enjoyed it. I just know. You know?
I liked it, I liked it more than a lot of movies I have seen this year. I know some people didn't like it and it's fine but the in depth analysis as to why everyone should hate it and it's crap is a tad mind numbing atm.

It's like how could you like it it's shite, here are a few links as to why it's shit so there. :wub:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sort of like the season 4 finale for Sherlock, Eh? :ninja:
He won. Period.
DD*

Post by DD* »

I will say that it is one of the better movies about walking that I've seen. Hard subject to film, "walking." SS captures the experience of walking pretty well. Oh, look, the "heroes" are walking down a street. And here they are walking with soldiers down another street. Here they are walking across a lobby. And more walking.

Good walking movie.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

DD* wrote:Good walking movie.
I like walking. I walk all of the time. This movie though was full of actors acting like walkers. Real walkers can tell the difference.

I watched this last week as well and decided it was probably one of those movies where you really need to be into the comics to enjoy. And that is just a bad decision by the director/producer/writers -- the more you pander to the small group of people familiar with the material, the more you lose the broader audience.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I liked the film. I could see flaws, but I had fun with it. Now, if someone has to explain to me why I shouldn't like a film that I liked, something is very wrong. I watch films. I don't analyze them with a checklist. In fact, I feel bad for people who analyze films with a checklist. They must live joyless lives.
hepcat wrote: They need to wrest the franchise away from Snyder. I can only imagine he has compromising photos of some DC or Time Warner exec, as their loyalty to the guy is just inexplicable to me otherwise.
For the most part, they already have. They just couldn't do as much about the ones that he'd already sunk his claws into (and I believe that WW is the last of those.)
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

hep... my fingers are in my ears - la-la-la-la, I am not listening to you. Well, guess they would have to be in my eyes since I'm reading but a tad more painful. Totally agree Paingod, sigh.

rshetts2, can't even bring myself to click on the link because I don't want to watch the walking documentary despite Harley Q having a nice but and 15 accents (DD* & Yellow).

If I was logged into OO during the morning, I would have had about 20+ to my count from all of the "right on!" and "Exactly" and "I KNOW!!!" comment agreements.

I like comic book characters turned into movies. I'm a fan of superheroes. Really wanted to like this movie Blackhawk despite the rotten tomatoes. Unbelievably disappointed. Almost walked away with 20 minutes to go. I could not follow or hold my interest for any aspect of the movie.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Blackhawk wrote:I liked the film. I could see flaws, but I had fun with it. Now, if someone has to explain to me why I shouldn't like a film that I liked, something is very wrong. I watch films. I don't analyze them with a checklist. In fact, I feel bad for people who analyze films with a checklist. They must live joyless lives.
hepcat wrote: They need to wrest the franchise away from Snyder. I can only imagine he has compromising photos of some DC or Time Warner exec, as their loyalty to the guy is just inexplicable to me otherwise.
For the most part, they already have. They just couldn't do as much about the ones that he'd already sunk his claws into (and I believe that WW is the last of those.)
Snyder is directing Justice League.
Hodor.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Movies are subjective, like all forms of art and entertainment and different people like different things. I've liked a lot of stuff other people thought was garbage. If you liked the movie, great. Im not trying to rain on your parade. I just felt the video would be interesting to some people here.
For me the video was interesting because while I watched the movie and was entertained a bit, the movie just felt off to me, like something was misfiring. I am not a movie artiste or anything so the video showed me why the movie felt off from a professional point of view. Now if you liked the movie, this video is probably not for you.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
morlac

Post by morlac »

pr0ner wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:I liked the film. I could see flaws, but I had fun with it. Now, if someone has to explain to me why I shouldn't like a film that I liked, something is very wrong. I watch films. I don't analyze them with a checklist. In fact, I feel bad for people who analyze films with a checklist. They must live joyless lives.
Snyder is directing Justice League.

Snyder is taking all the heat but studio executives making bad decisions are just as much to blame as anyone. They reshuffled the deck after Bat Vs Sup and S. squad to put comic book folks in charge. Time will tell if it helps but I've already noticed signs of it. Afflek has told them to F off on the time line for his Batman solo movie and will walk if they push him. They seem to be giving him as much time as he wants to "make it right".

On SS... I feel asleep. Didn't mean or want to but started it late and it just wasn't grabbing me. It felt like a really long movie trailer and a bad Guardians of the Galaxy ripoff on style. I made it about 45 mins in. I have heard that the extended cut, much like B vs S extended makes it a much better film. I'll give that a try at some point.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I'm actually a little annoyed the 4K disc of Suicide Squad is the theatrical version only.
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I got the Blu-ray for my birthday and watched the Extended Cut over the weekend. I never so the theatrical version, so I'm not sure what the difference is, but I don't think this was very good. Harley Quinn and Deadshot were the most developed characters but the only reason I cared about them at all was because they were acted the best. The plot was paper thin and the stakes were meaningless. A real shame as the potential for something so much better seemed to be there for most of the movie.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
DD*

Post by DD* »

stessier wrote:I got the Blu-ray for my birthday and watched the Extended Cut over the weekend. I never so the theatrical version, so I'm not sure what the difference is, but I don't think this was very good. Harley Quinn and Deadshot were the most developed characters but the only reason I cared about them at all was because they were acted the best. The plot was paper thin and the stakes were meaningless. A real shame as the potential for something so much better seemed to be there for most of the movie.
DC makes great trailers. Movies, not so much.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Watched this on the flight home today. I now have a new low bar for superhero movies.

Outside of Robbie (who may be the most beautiful woman on the planet), that movie was just awful.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Saw it not too long ago. I didn't hate it. It was what it was. With no expectations going in, I guess I wasn't disappointed coming out. Same for BvS which I rented at the same time, and for Logan which I just rented last week. My expectations would be different if I were paying for and expecting a cinema experience, I think. For a rental, something to occupy my brain before going to bed at night, these stories are fine enough to not get distracted and turn off.

The only movie I felt was horrible recently was Passengers. What's the worst was that the previews telegraphed how much I would I dislike it but I was all "interstellar travel movie about loneliness with action stars? Sure, go ahead and deal me in." Terrible. Even worse than what was telegraphed.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Skinypupy wrote:Watched this on the flight home today. I now have a new low bar for superhero movies.

Outside of Robbie (who may be the most beautiful woman on the planet), that movie was just awful.
You have got to watch Green Lantern. Oh, and any of the Schumacher Batman films. They make Suicide Squad look like friggin' Citizen Kane in comparison.
Ice to meet you.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:Saw it not too long ago. I didn't hate it. It was what it was. With no expectations going in, I guess I wasn't disappointed coming out. Same for BvS which I rented at the same time, and for Logan which I just rented last week. My expectations would be different if I were paying for and expecting a cinema experience, I think. For a rental, something to occupy my brain before going to bed at night, these stories are fine enough to not get distracted and turn off.

The only movie I felt was horrible recently was Passengers. What's the worst was that the previews telegraphed how much I would I dislike it but I was all "interstellar travel movie about loneliness with action stars? Sure, go ahead and deal me in." Terrible. Even worse than what was telegraphed.
I really wanted to like Suicide Squad, but I couldn't get over the flaws. I thought BvS was okay, but only saw it in the theater. I liked Passengers except for the dramatic conclusion - that was really dumb. But I thought Pratt and Lawrence had good chemistry (okay - I love Lawrence and have a man crush on Pratt, so that may have influenced it).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles