NFL 2021 Postseason

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Re: NFL 2021 Postseason

Post by Octavious »

Well that wasn't a good idea. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Fuck, what a lousy SB. A former Lion vs a team that couldn't beat a supremely shitty Bears team. Even the commercials aren't a reason to watch this turd of a game.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

:lol: I don't know I'm kind of excited. I mean the Bengals will probably get rolled, but they haven't made it in what like 30 years?
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Same, I think it’ll be a fun game.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Who cares? How many times in those 30 years have you said, "you know what, it would be awesome if the Bengals finally won the SB"?

They LOST to The BEARS -- a team that just fired everyone because they sucked so epically bad!
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The Giants beat an undefeated Patriots team by getting on a roll late in the season when they really weren't that very good. Focusing on them having a few stinker games seems bizarre. But it seems you are really hung up on it for some reason. :lol: It's okay it's just a game...

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And the 2006 Indianapolis Colts lost to the 6-10 Houston Texans.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Will be rooting for the Rams, mostly just because I’d love to see Weddle come out of retirement and end with a SB ring (and they have the most former Utes).

I certainly don’t dislike the Bengals though. They’re fun to watch, and the underdog angle is always good. It’s not like I’ll be actively rooting against them like I would be, say, the Bears. ;)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

We have been blessed with two of the most exciting weekends of football in recent memory. I don't want to hear any bitching about a boring Super Bowl.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's a whole two weeks away anyway.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I think it'll be a fun game. Both teams are pretty fun to watch. Burrow seems unflappable, but I think the game comes down to whether the Rams can get pressure on him. The Bengals line has been weak all season, but they did a great job against KC. And, weirdly, another factor may be the Sean McVay seems to make some terrible decisions in big games. Those two terrible challenges could've (should've?) come back to bite him.
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I don’t think the Bengals O Line did that great of a job against KC. I think Burrow bailed them out several times.

The Chiefs D Line is not the Rams D Line. I expect a game much like last year. But it’s different teams, and so I’m satisfied.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

McNutt wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:22 am We have been blessed with two of the most exciting weekends of football in recent memory. I don't want to hear any bitching about a boring Super Bowl.
:text-+1:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Is everyone ready to see Justin Herbert light it up in the Pro Bowl?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Very happy to see Stafford get his fairy tale. And nothing to really hate about the Bengals. With two of my good friends being long-suffering Bengals fans a Rams loss would have a silver lining. I think this is the first Superbowl in a long time where I don't have seething hatred for a least one of the teams.

Don't care about the competiveness of the game, don't care who wins (though leaning slightly for the LA Staffords), and am looking forward to it.

The only thing that can fuck this up are refs doing stupid stuff and lots of shots of/talk from Goodell. Which probably means it will get fucked up.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm actually really happy for Stafford. He's truly a good guy (gives back to the community a lot), and he's earned a ring. Plus, it only makes the Lions look worse if he gets it by way of leaving them, so that's a plus.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

RunningMn9 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:51 am I don’t think the Bengals O Line did that great of a job against KC. I think Burrow bailed them out several times.

The Chiefs D Line is not the Rams D Line. I expect a game much like last year. But it’s different teams, and so I’m satisfied.
Certainly Burrow did his part, but the Chiefs only had one sack. Considering that the Bengals gave up 9 (!) sacks the week before, at least some praise should be given to the line and their scheme. But, yes, the Rams D-Line is one of the best in the league. They didn't really get to Jimmy G yesterday until the end of the game, so it'll be interesting to see if the Bengals follow some of the 49ers game plan.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm fine with this Super Bowl matchup. New teams, new players. And I'm starting to really like Joe Burrow.
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:50 pm

:lol:
Tweet apparently deleted.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:37 pm Rams to the Super Bowl!!!
Nice win by the Rams - great coaching by McVay and Morris to take away the Niners running game for the first time in years, and the Rams DL really showed up and didn't get pwned, and won the game.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 pm
Nice win by the Rams - great coaching by McVay and Morris to take away the Niners running game for the first time in years, and the Rams DL really showed up and didn't get pwned, and won the game.
And Stafford overcame an early endzone interception and a 4th quarter 10 point deficit. Don't think Goff would have got them there.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If there is one thing Stafford learned in Detroit, it’s to play like you aren’t really losing, and keep playing even when everything seems to be conspired against you. I guess that’s two things.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:41 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 pm
And Stafford overcame an early endzone interception and a 4th quarter 10 point deficit. Don't think Goff would have got them there.
He (Goff) might have (though I doubt he beats Brady in TB). The Niners had plenty of possessions to push the lead out further. The Rams D was huge all day in taking away the running game which would have salted the game away. Stafford threw another pick, but it was dropped after all. And on the final 49er possession, the Rams DL came up huge in pressuring Jimmy G.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:45 pm I'm fine with this Super Bowl matchup. New teams, new players. And I'm starting to really like Joe Burrow.
He. Lost. To. The. Bears. The Chicago Bears. A shitty excuse for a FB team.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:52 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:45 pm I'm fine with this Super Bowl matchup. New teams, new players. And I'm starting to really like Joe Burrow.
And he got crushed at home by the Chargers. In December. By the transitive property Burrow should go to the Pro Bowl and Herbert to the SB.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

By the transitive property, the Bungles should be getting a high draft pick again this year!
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Bengals fans are already being insufferable, so I’m rooting for Stafford.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
The Meal

Re: NFL 2021 Offseason

Post by The Meal »

The Meal wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:52 am I'll be a Rams fan for as long as #9 is hucking their ball. I hope he gets a trip to Super Bowl.
Done.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Lassr

Re: NFL 2021 Offseason

Post by Lassr »

The Meal wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:20 am
The Meal wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:52 am I'll be a Rams fan for as long as #9 is hucking their ball. I hope he gets a trip to Super Bowl.
Done.
Always liked Stafford so I'm pulling for him to get his ring after suffering all those years with the Lions.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

They lost to the Jets, too. It doesn't mean the Bengals don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl.
Hodor.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

And Tampa Bay last year lost to the Bears and won the Super Bowl. Sounds like destiny!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 am
And Tampa Bay last year lost to the Bears and won the Super Bowl. Sounds like destiny!
Beat me to it.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

HOLD UP GUYS. My son told me yesterday evening that a bunch of boys in his 4th grade class said that the Bengals cheated against the Chiefs. I am sure that the NFL will promptly investigate. #StopTheSteal
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:42 am HOLD UP GUYS. My son told me yesterday evening that a bunch of boys in his 4th grade class said that the Bengals cheated against the Chiefs. I am sure that the NFL will promptly investigate. #StopTheSteal
I actually saw this floating around quite a bit yesterday. They're claiming that on that last run to get the Benglas deep in KC territory, Joe Mixon went down without being touched by a Chiefs defender, then dropped the ball when he got up so it should have been a fumble. It's the play where Andy Reid was talking to the refs and they thought he wanted an illegal formation call (which wouldn't have been reviewable). Refs claim Mixon gave himself up.

It's iffy, for sure.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That clip is too fast for the naked eye, but it looks like a Chief player may have touched his shoulder. #Lovethecontroversy.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:06 pm By the transitive property, the Bungles should be getting a high draft pick again this year!
They are in the Super Bowl, can't call them the Bungles this year!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

How would that be cheating by the Bengals? Did they pay the refs? It might be a bad call, but the Bengals don't control that. They may have just been able to take advantage of it.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Jeff V wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:47 pm They LOST to The BEARS -- a team that just fired everyone because they sucked so epically bad!
Dude. May I suggest flipping your perspective for a second?

They made it to the SB in SPITE of losing to the Bears. Let's explore possibilities based on that:
Either:
The whole NFL season, playoff and SB process is a complete and utter sham because a team that lost to a crappy team made it to the big dance. That should not happen, and because it did, everything is shit.

OR

Every(one) and every team makes mistakes or has bad days. Even big ones, sometimes. But the fact that we can pull ourselves together and learn and better ourselves (sometimes VERY quickly), is a remarkable, beautiful lesson about human nature. To go from losing to the worst team in the league and turning it around THAT well is an impressive feat to be admired and applauded, not poo-poo'd.

Choose. :D

Sometimes hyper-critical people need to be reminded of that, in a friendly manner. Ask me how I know.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Why feed the troll?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Are you trying to use logic with JeffV?

Good luck with that.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.