MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lorini

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Lorini »

well that was better :) The offense is what I really care about. We can't win without scoring runs and we put too much pressure on our pitchers when we only score 1 or 2 runs. We'll see what happens today, but they couldn't get much worse (considering the skills that they have).

Also wanted to clarify that Mookie is great on defense. He runs around the field, getting balls that others might let go. He knows where to throw the ball, and gets the ball to the infield cleanly. This is much appreciated, as the run you save may be the ball game.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:41 pm well that was better :) The offense is what I really care about. We can't win without scoring runs and we put too much pressure on our pitchers when we only score 1 or 2 runs. We'll see what happens today, but they couldn't get much worse (considering the skills that they have).

Also wanted to clarify that Mookie is great on defense. He runs around the field, getting balls that others might let go. He knows where to throw the ball, and gets the ball to the infield cleanly. This is much appreciated, as the run you save may be the ball game.
I'll be on vacation in Avila Beach CA. (near Pismo Beach) From past times there, lots of LA people vacation there. I'm bringing my full Giants arsenal to wear Monday and Tuesday! Can't wait!
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:02 am
Lorini wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:41 pm well that was better :) The offense is what I really care about. We can't win without scoring runs and we put too much pressure on our pitchers when we only score 1 or 2 runs. We'll see what happens today, but they couldn't get much worse (considering the skills that they have).

I'll be on vacation in Avila Beach CA. (near Pismo Beach) From past times there, lots of LA people vacation there. I'm bringing my full Giants arsenal to wear Monday and Tuesday! Can't wait!
You'll find some fellow fans that far away from LA, I'm sure they'll be happy to see you :)
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

deGrom gave up 2 runs. What a loser. his era has skyrocketed to 0.69.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Octavious wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:38 am deGrom gave up 2 runs. What a loser. his era has skyrocketed to 0.69.
Nice
Hodor.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

That's better :D
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Not a great start

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

naednek

Post by naednek »

A little better

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

You're still behind and we just went through the heart of your order.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:You're still behind and we just went through the heart of your order.
Hope you're enjoying the home Plate ump and his BS strike zone

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:46 am
Lorini wrote:You're still behind and we just went through the heart of your order.

We paid him off last week :twisted:
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:
naednek wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:46 am

We paid him off last week :twisted:
Even your play by play guys mentioned it. And man do I miss the Giants broadcast

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Our bullpen is failing so enjoy your win
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:Our bullpen is failing so enjoy your win
Doesn't matter when the Giants leave players stranded every inning

naednek

Post by naednek »

He's safe.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Giants had the chances. But umps didn't help the situation. Hoping for the split

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets not hitting is finally catching up to them. If anything more than 2 runs are scored they generally lose. And most of their key players are back. I don't think I've seen a worse offense. Firing the hitting coach didn't help anything.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:02 am
Lorini wrote:Our bullpen is failing so enjoy your win
Doesn't matter when the Giants leave players stranded every inning

Yeah I went to bed. You guys had 2nd and 3rd with one out, our pitcher was on a 3-0 count and you didn't score?? Amazing but I'll take it :D
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I thought this Giants pitcher was supposed to be good??
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

SAWEEP Baby! Love our Giant Killer Max Muncy!!!
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Trever Bauer accused of sexual assault. I was glad when the Mets lost him in the bidding war and I'm even more glad now. Sure could turn out to be false, but the guy is a walking disaster. Meanwhile the dude we got instead is doing fantastic and was super cheap in comparison. Taijuan Walker has a 2.38 ERA so far. I'd take that any day of the week over Mr. Crazypants.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:06 pm Trever Bauer accused of sexual assault. I was glad when the Mets lost him in the bidding war and I'm even more glad now. Sure could turn out to be false, but the guy is a walking disaster. Meanwhile the dude we got instead is doing fantastic and was super cheap in comparison. Taijuan Walker has a 2.38 ERA so far. I'd take that any day of the week over Mr. Crazypants.
He says he has texts showing that she asked for what she's now calling assault. I really don't care about the stuff he says, he needs to pitch.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The details of the Trevor Bauer restraining order are awful. Can't imagine he'll be pitching again for a while.
Hodor.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm The details of the Trevor Bauer restraining order are awful. Can't imagine he'll be pitching again for a while.
I don't have a sub to the Athletic so I couldn't see them specifically.LA Times says that his attorney says she asked for all of it and he can prove it.he better be able to otherwise yeah the Dodgers won't be seeing him for a long time probably because he'll be in jail.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

In typical Mets fashion when they should be getting better they fall apart. They just can't hit and they got torched for 20 runs.

It was our garbage pitchers so that doesn't bother me a ton but man they just can't hit ever. It may be the worst offense I've ever seen them field. I don't get it. Almost everyone is severely underperforming compared to past seasons.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lorini wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:26 pm
pr0ner wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm The details of the Trevor Bauer restraining order are awful. Can't imagine he'll be pitching again for a while.
I don't have a sub to the Athletic so I couldn't see them specifically.LA Times says that his attorney says she asked for all of it and he can prove it.he better be able to otherwise yeah the Dodgers won't be seeing him for a long time probably because he'll be in jail.
Having texts "asking for it" aren't really a defense. If she "asked for it" yesterday but doesn't want it today, sorry Trevor. No go.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

It's going to be what it will be. If he assaulted her he should go to jail like any other rapist. I have not read that he's been suspended but considering the allegations I wouldn't let him pitch until the investigation is over and then of course only if he's cleared.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

From the LA Times

"Jon Fetterolf, an attorney representing Bauer, issued a statement Tuesday that said in part: “We have messages that show [the woman] repeatedly asking for ‘rough’ sexual encounters involving requests to be ‘choked out’ and slapped in the face. … Any allegations that the pair’s encounters were not 100% consensual are baseless, defamatory, and will be refuted to the fullest extent of the law.”"

If this is true then what's the decision? Can a woman repeatedly ask to be choked and then say it's assault when she is choked? I honestly don't know.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

*cough* Kobe Bryant *cough*
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:25 pm In typical Mets fashion when they should be getting better they fall apart. They just can't hit and they got torched for 20 runs.

It was our garbage pitchers so that doesn't bother me a ton but man they just can't hit ever. It may be the worst offense I've ever seen them field. I don't get it. Almost everyone is severely underperforming compared to past seasons.
The Mets have a +2 run differential and lead their division. Impressive.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Lorini wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 am From the LA Times

"Jon Fetterolf, an attorney representing Bauer, issued a statement Tuesday that said in part: “We have messages that show [the woman] repeatedly asking for ‘rough’ sexual encounters involving requests to be ‘choked out’ and slapped in the face. … Any allegations that the pair’s encounters were not 100% consensual are baseless, defamatory, and will be refuted to the fullest extent of the law.”"

If this is true then what's the decision? Can a woman repeatedly ask to be choked and then say it's assault when she is choked? I honestly don't know.
You might want to read this story, then, which summarizes what The Athletic is reporting and what is in the restraining order documents.
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:08 am

You might want to read this story, then, which summarizes what The Athletic is reporting and what is in the restraining order documents.
FWIW a TRO is essentially a one-sided account. No facts have been adjudicated, all evidence has not been introduced, etc. This is going to be a challenging case since they do have documentation of some level of consent and a second visit to lean on. She is claiming he went well beyond that but that's a bit of a uphill battle fair or not. The fact that she is alleging non-consensual activity at the first encounter and then returned is going to haunt any case. When the full restraining order hearing happens and additional context that was omitted is added it may hurt her case. In her favor is going to be the phone call that the police arranged and that may bolster her case. In any event, it's going to be complex and there is going to be a cloud over him for awhile. I have to wonder what MLB is going to do - my best guess is they'll wait to see what happens. If he is charged or an adversarial restraining order hearing goes against Trevor then maybe they'll act.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

stessier wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:43 am
Octavious wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:25 pm In typical Mets fashion when they should be getting better they fall apart. They just can't hit and they got torched for 20 runs.

The Mets have a +2 run differential and lead their division. Impressive.
Their pitching has been pretty much lights out all season. The last 15-17 games they have averaged around 2 runs a game for the offense. It's appalling how bad they are. Watching McNeal swing at the first pitch every damn time is getting really old. It was okay when he was hitting, but still annoying. Dude it's not working everyone knows you love to swing first pitch. Stoooopppppp

It's not like they are the Yankees with all power hitters either. They have a good mix. They just all f'n suck this year. Keep on hoping they will snap out of it, but it never happens. :doh:

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Strictly speaking, any time a person removes consent, the partner must stop even if they're in the middle of the activity. Of course, at that point absent a witness or video evidence it becomes a "He said, she said" scenario. If there are truly texts indicating consent at some point and a second visit, that would be evidence Bauer could certainly use to try to get reasonable doubt in a criminal case.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Having spent much of my time thinking about this, the Dodgers need to dump this idiot. Choking someone is assault. Anyone with half a brain would not choke someone even if they asked. But Bauer who has already proven he's basically a child did it anyway. The Dodgers need better people on their team than this brain dead moron.
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Lorini wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:25 am Having spent much of my time thinking about this, the Dodgers need to dump this idiot. Choking someone is assault. Anyone with half a brain would not choke someone even if they asked. But Bauer who has already proven he's basically a child did it anyway. The Dodgers need better people on their team than this brain dead moron.
Totally agree. This is a guy making a ton of money doing reckless things and representing the team on a regular basis. He is a straight up dummy at best and potentially much worse.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Problem is that this isn't the NFL. They can't just dump him without paying his remaining salary.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:22 am Problem is that this isn't the NFL. They can't just dump him without paying his remaining salary.
I would imagine there's some kind of morality clause in his contract. However, the league can suspend him without pay for however long they choose to if need be.
Hodor.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Dodgers have plenty of money, they can afford to pay his damn salary while he's playing for another team. Certainly if he gets suspended then he doesn't get paid, but I don't want him to be on the Dodgers paid or suspended.
Black Lives Matter