[Amazon Original] Invincible

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Re: [Amazon Original] Invincible

Post by Smoove_B »

S2 started last night and it was a great episode. I should probably start reading the comics at this point as I'm really enjoying the premise of the show. I wasn't exactly sure where it was all going last night, but the ending was...something.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You should check out Alan Moore’s Miracleman too. You can see where Invincible comes from in so many ways.

Mark Waid did a similar story called Irredeemable years after Invincible started that’s pretty derivative of both, but still highly entertaining.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:17 pm You should check out Alan Moore’s Miracleman too.
I think you mean "The Original Writer" - he's pulled his name from it. I also have it on my list, but thanks.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jesus, is there ANYONE crankier than Alan Moore?

Edit: and I just looked back a page and realized I’ve wrote all this before. God, I hate getting old.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm about 20 issues from the end of the comics right now. There have been a few slow spots, but for the most part it has been a fantastic series. And every time it starts to get a little slow, Kirkman changes it up. And when I say "changes it up", I don't mean adding a new villain or having an identity go public. When Kirkman changes it up, he doesn't pull punches. :shock:

Once I'm done, I think I'll rewatch season 1 and continue straight into 2.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:38 pm S2 started last night and it was a great episode. I should probably start reading the comics at this point as I'm really enjoying the premise of the show. I wasn't exactly sure where it was all going last night, but the ending was...something.
I finished the comics last night - 144 issues, plus a 0 issue 'prequel', plus one issue from another series that tied in to it. Other than that one issue, I have not read any of the other 'in universe' titles/spin-offs - Brit, Capes, Tech Jacket, Astounding Wolf-Man, Invincible Universe, Guarding the Globe, etc. Although to be accurate, Tech Jacket and Brit came first.

It was one of the better series I've read, possibly just ahead of the Marvel Civil War run, and if you're not bothered by the mature content (mostly blood and gore, but also some horrible people), I have no hesitation in recommending it.

One thing to note: There are quite a few appearances by other characters that are under the Image brand, including...
Spoiler:
Youngblood, Spawn, and Savage Dragon.
I went and did some digging - those are, in fact, those characters, but they're alternate versions of those characters that exist in Invincible's version of the universe, not the versions that exist in their own comics.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:26 pm Jesus, is there ANYONE crankier than Alan Moore?

Edit: and I just looked back a page and realized I’ve wrote all this before. God, I hate getting old.
If it's helpful, I don't remember you writing about itcearlier either.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

S2 Pt. 2 coming 3/14/24