NCAA Football 2023

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Unagi

Re: NCAA Football 2023

Post by Unagi »

My Bears had fairly limited exposure to Deion Sanders, so I mostly watched him from a distance. He always seemed to be one of these players who actually had the skill to back up the bravado, but I've never been a big fan of blowhards at all.
That being said, there was always something a bit charismatic about Deion to me, and I'm normally very guarded against the Snake-Oil types.... I'm not sure that is a totally fair assessment of him. He was a good player, he's got two kids (one, perhaps remarkably so) who are truly talented. There is something nice about this to me, in a 'family' way.

My problem with him right now, it's just his entire style goes against what I find comfortable when talking about "my team". I hate 'smack' talk, and I'm convinced being confident about a future win is exactly how one jinxes things...

And while I think there is serious talent at CU now (and I do thank him for that) - I don't think they have "their game down" really at all, and I'm not at all confident with them performing well against Oregon, USC, or Oregon State. I'm of the opinion that all three of those are more likely than not: losses.

But, I went to CU back in the late-80s/early-90s, when we won the National Championship - Eric Bienemy (and soooo many others) days ... and CU has seriously struggled since those days, so this is just thrilling to watch that stadium ALIVE again.

I stormed that field too a few times (mostly Nebraska games). So, I'm kinda doing a little re-living of my youth here.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:30 pm this is just thrilling to watch that stadium ALIVE again.
Fully agree with you there. It’s cool to see energy back in Boulder, but Deion just sets off my snake-oil alarm at full volume.

Much like Urban Meyer when he was at Utah, he’s someone who can generate instant success but everything he does is to advance himself. Utah got lucky and had a stabilizing force like Coach Whit come in right after Urban, but I worry that when (not if) Deion decides to jump that he’ll simply take all of that momentum with him. Time will tell, I suppose.
I stormed that field too a few times (mostly Nebraska games). So, I'm kinda doing a little re-living of my youth here.
I generally try to avoid gatekeeping such things, but rushing the field after defeating a winless G5 school that you were favored to beat by 25 was a little bit cringe.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 amMaybe I’ll be proven wrong and Deion proves to be the next coming of Bear Bryant
That's a pretty lionized/high bar though. Will he bring talent to CU and guide them to success? Seems like that could happen.
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 am, but I still suspect CU comes back to earth as teams get film on them and they run into depth issues.
Me too.

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 amCSU is not good, and took them down to the wire.
There were a number of times yesterday where CSU, IMO, shocked everyone with just how good they "could be", but their penalties weighed them down. They executed a few really great plays. But - man CU also really sucked from time to time yesterday, and that kinda shit will not be absorbed in a USC game, the way they could (and did) come back in this CSU game (just realized "USC" is "CSU" in reverse). But yeah, CU should not have had this much trouble, but they did. And that's (to me) a bad omen of things to come.
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 amWe’ll see what happens…the next two weeks (Oregon and USC) will tell us a lot.
Indeed. If CU can handle either of these teams, I will be impressed.
JCC

Post by JCC »

(Shrugs.) He's 30-6 as a head coach in CFB and 3-0 at Colorado which means he has already tripled their win total from last season. All head coaches are ego maniacs out to advance their careers and they are always ready to jump ship to a better job when available. I think Deion fits in quite well with that group. Colorado has been to two Bowl games in the last 10 years (the most recent being during the Covid season). Does anyone think they will fail to be bowl eligible this season?

I don't have any particular love for Deion Sanders. I have zero rooting interest in Colorado. But, it's hard to argue his tenures as a head coach in college football have been anything but successful.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, I certainly hope I didn't come across as not sharing that opinion.

I think it's clear that he's a good coach (I imagine his players truly want to impress him too), and I think it's clear that he has given Colorado a breath of life.

I don't know how ambitious he will be, beyond the realm of college football though. I don't know why - but I get the impression he's truly enjoying this level of the game and I don't know if he would get the same thing out of the NFL. I imagine he's mostly 'set' on money - but people are often not just happy with 'set', so maybe he does have his $ights set higher.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

JCC wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:39 pm (Shrugs.) He's 30-6 as a head coach in CFB and 3-0 at Colorado which means he has already tripled their win total from last season. All head coaches are ego maniacs out to advance their careers and they are always ready to jump ship to a better job when available. I think Deion fits in quite well with that group. Colorado has been to two Bowl games in the last 10 years (the most recent being during the Covid season). Does anyone think they will fail to be bowl eligible this season?

I don't have any particular love for Deion Sanders. I have zero rooting interest in Colorado. But, it's hard to argue his tenures as a head coach in college football have been anything but successful.
I think the transfer portal has made it easier for him but he is far from the only coach taking advantage of it. I used to hate Deion Sanders because he played for the Cowboys, but I have grown to like him.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:30 pm He was a good player
He was a great player. He had a tendency to shy away from contact which may keep him from being in the discussion for greatest, but he was a great cover cornerback. He's up there with Charles Woodson (who didn't shy away from contact, and is therefore in the discussion for greatest).
Unagi wrote:My problem with him right now, it's just his entire style goes against what I find comfortable when talking about "my team". I hate 'smack' talk, and I'm convinced being confident about a future win is exactly how one jinxes things...
I've learned it's a lot more fun as a fan if you just embrace the heel role when it presents itself.

I'm in the camp that Colorado is likely to come back to earth pretty hard the next couple of weeks, but if they win one (or both!) of those games, Deion will insufferable, and it should be great for Buffs fans.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I just hope Hunter is OK. That was a vicious cheap shot.

I do have a really hard time rooting for them right now tho. Both his kids are entitled jackholes, but with talent. That outfit Shedur wore in the postgame was the height of it. $ hat and gold sunglasses?

But, some of that is me, I don't care for hip hop rap culture, and he's definitely playing to that.

However, they will fade, just like all talented teams who can win in September, but don't have the depth to keep it up through injuries to December (unless they get really, really lucky, like TCU last year). Ucla has been like that the past couple of years, but this year may be the year we have the depth to not lose a late game we should win to Arizona, et al.

It was fun to see Folsom field rocking like that, and I do hope CU can sustain some success, as well as Utah.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They need to complete the procees of the firing for it to count. Demonstrate full control of the AD and make an ethical or moral move. Only need one foot in bounds though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They have to give notice and a period for response
This letter qualifies as "written notice, specifying the grounds for termination" under the Early Termination Provision, which written notice is being provided to you, Mr. Comrich, and your legal counsel. Per the Agreement, the University will provide you with seven (7) days "to present reasons to the Athletic Director and the University's President as to why [you] should not be terminated on the grounds [herein] stated." (Section III.B.l.) Unless you can present sufficient reasons to dispute the above-identified grounds for termination for Cause, the University will terminate your employment for cause effective on September 26, 2023.

Sincerely,

Alan Haller

Vice President and Director of Athletics Michigan State University
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

CSU player and family receive death threats after CU game

Yes, the hit on Hunter was late and it was a dirty play, and the player was penalized (and got burned late in the game for the tying score). But death threats?

Do better Boulder.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:00 pm CSU player and family receive death threats after CU game

Yes, the hit on Hunter was late and it was a dirty play, and the player was penalized (and got burned late in the game for the tying score). But death threats?

Do better Boulder.
I wouldn’t lay this at the feet of Boulder.

This is the world we live in.

Do better, people.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Unagi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:40 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:00 pm CSU player and family receive death threats after CU game

Do better Boulder.
I wouldn’t lay this at the feet of Boulder.

This is the world we live in.

Do better, people.
Yeah, that’s fair.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 am Damn. Fell asleep before the end and was really hoping to wake up to a CSU win.

I couldn’t stand Deion as an arrogant, self-absorbed, showboating player, and I find that I like him even less now that he’s an arrogant, self-absorbed, showboating coach. Funny thing is, I actually had a real soft spot for CU before he got there. Now, not so much.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong and Deion proves to be the next coming of Bear Bryant, but I still suspect CU comes back to earth as teams get film on them and they run into depth issues. CSU is not good, and took them down to the wire. We’ll see what happens…the next two weeks (Oregon and USC) will tell us a lot.

Utah’s backup team beat up on FCS Weber State yesterday, and still somehow ended up adding to the walking wounded. Our highly touted kicker (a position we’ve been sorely missing for the last few years) somehow hurt himself badly enough in warmups to be sidelined 4-6 weeks. Read that we had 15 starters out yesterday…sheesh. The only way we survive conference play is to get healthy and get Cam Rising back, and I don’t think either is happening soon. I’m fully expecting our home win streak to end against UCLA next weekend (Pyper, you coming in for it?) Our backups are ok, but not nearly good enough to get the job done against fast, talented young teams.

ASU and Stanford…yikes. Although I do admit I chuckled a little to see Troy Taylor get whomped by his old team. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
Was looking at coming out, but I had a conflict - I'm doing the ALS ride in Napa this weekend (I might not see any of the game until I get home for the DVR...). A high school friend was diagnosed almost 10 years ago, and I got the chance to ride with him last year and it was a true joy - he has a nice, recumbent e-bike and it was great to get out with him.

I'm also doing some fundraising, if you (and any other OO'ers) are interested in supporting us...

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Just so you know, we are here for you if you do decide to come out. PRIDE!

on a more serious note...donated to your charity event.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lassr wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:42 pm
Just so you know, we are here for you if you do decide to come out. PRIDE!

on a more serious note...donated to your charity event.
Thanks Lassr! Glad to see Milroe is back as the starter. I caught some of the Texas game, and that was not on him - the switch was stupid.

On the other hand, Texas had a ton of success forcing the DBs to make decisions and plays and they didn't. That's where I'm seeing Bama's issues - the running game, and the pass defense (Ewers had a pretty clean pocket for their drives/bombs).

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Big props to Deion for saying this today.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:55 pm Thanks Lassr! Glad to see Milroe is back as the starter. I caught some of the Texas game, and that was not on him - the switch was stupid.

On the other hand, Texas had a ton of success forcing the DBs to make decisions and plays and they didn't. That's where I'm seeing Bama's issues - the running game, and the pass defense (Ewers had a pretty clean pocket for their drives/bombs).
Milroe's problem is he cannot read a defense and our new OC Rees is not dialing up the proper plays for him. Hardly any QB runs or RPOs. He is not a pocket passer.
And that stellar offensive line has not panned out. They are young but still they are really bad right now.

The pass defense is due to lack of pressure on the QB, if he has all day to pass, the DBs cannot cover forever. Defense is improved over last year, A LOT, but that is still an issue.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:32 pm They have to give notice and a period for response
This letter qualifies as "written notice, specifying the grounds for termination" under the Early Termination Provision, which written notice is being provided to you, Mr. Comrich, and your legal counsel. Per the Agreement, the University will provide you with seven (7) days "to present reasons to the Athletic Director and the University's President as to why [you] should not be terminated on the grounds [herein] stated." (Section III.B.l.) Unless you can present sufficient reasons to dispute the above-identified grounds for termination for Cause, the University will terminate your employment for cause effective on September 26, 2023.

Sincerely,

Alan Haller

Vice President and Director of Athletics Michigan State University
There was a process joke there. Was.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
JCC

Post by JCC »

Wonder why Colorado gets so much attention? The ESPN 10pm CFB slot on Saturday night averages around 1.5-1.7 million viewers. The Colorado/Colorado St. game got 9.3 million viewers. The Coach Prime effect is real. (I doubt they beat Oregon this weekend, but if they do, the hype for their game against USC will be crazy.)
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:39 pm Big props to Deion for saying this today.
Yeah, Hunter also made a video/post the other day where he basically said similar things.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

JCC wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:06 am I doubt they beat Oregon this weekend, but if they do, the hype for their game against USC will be crazy.
Like, entirely unbearable. I really don't think we will beat Oregon, nor USC... nor Oregon State, for that matter, but if they pull it off (Oregon) - it will be huge.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:47 am
JCC wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:06 am I doubt they beat Oregon this weekend, but if they do, the hype for their game against USC will be crazy.
Like, entirely unbearable. I really don't think we will beat Oregon, nor USC... nor Oregon State, for that matter, but if they pull it off (Oregon) - it will be huge.
A better shot at beating SC, IMHO - I don't trust SC's defense, especially on the road, and not as much as I trust Oregon + Autzen when they are fired up. The Hunter injury from that late hit sucks too. Lacerated Liver is what I heard.

The key to slowing down 'SC's offense is mastering the mush rush and making Williams a pocket passer - he destroys you if he can get out of the pocket and buy time. Utah has that mastered, not sure if anyone else has tho - it ain't easy (see Mahomes in the NFL).

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I think Oregon State is likely one of the top schools in the conference right now. They're sneaky good, with a defense that didn't take the step back they were expecting and a QB who feels comfortable in a system. I expect them to make some serious noise come the end of the season.

Personally, I would list the ranked P12 teams as:
1. Washington (they look absolutely unstoppable)
2. Oregon
3. USC (defense is still suspect)
4. Oregon State
5. Utah (solid defense, but absolutely decimated by injury on offense so far)
6. UCLA (could swap with Utah on Saturday)
7. Wazzu
8. Colorado (I think they get exposed over the next two weeks)

This will be a really interesting "separation weekend" in the conference with Utah/UCLA, Oregon State/Wazzu, and Oregon/Colorado.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:59 pm I think Oregon State is likely one of the top schools in the conference right now. They're sneaky good, with a defense that didn't take the step back they were expecting and a QB who feels comfortable in a system. I expect them to make some serious noise come the end of the season.

Personally, I would list the ranked P12 teams as:
1. Washington (they look absolutely unstoppable)
2. Oregon
3. USC (defense is still suspect)
4. Oregon State
5. Utah (solid defense, but absolutely decimated by injury on offense so far)
6. UCLA (could swap with Utah on Saturday)
7. Wazzu
8. Colorado (I think they get exposed over the next two weeks)

This will be a really interesting "separation weekend" in the conference with Utah/UCLA, Oregon State/Wazzu, and Oregon/Colorado.
I'm not sold on Oregon St yet - they turn the ball over too much, and Wazzu has been sneaky good when healthy lately (they should have beaten 'SC last year) - I expect Wazzu to win that game.

I also kind of expect us to beat you again this weekend - while the MUSS is a huge advantage against our Freshman QB, we handled you pretty well last year when you had both Rising and Kincaid at full strength (I don't see Kuithe in the box - was he out?), and our defense is SO much better than it was last year. If you beat us, it will be by winning the turnover battle by at least 2, IMHO (which isn't out of the question - this is a freshman making his first start in the MUSS after all).

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Whoa. CU sells out the season for the first time in history!
Colorado has sold out of football tickets for the entire 2023 home slate, the school announced Tuesday. It marks the first time in program history that Colorado has sold out its full schedule as hype surrounding the No. 19 Buffaloes shifts into overdrive following a 3-0 start for the team under first-year coach Deion Sanders.

Capacity at Folsom Field is 50,183, but the official attendance for CU's first two home games surpassed that number
I foresee a LOT more celebrity Coach hires in the future... we'll know when a Kardashian is a CFB head coach ;)

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Speaking of celebrities... I was really bent out of shape when I saw all the celebrities on the sideline of the CU-CSU game.

What good can come of Dwayne Johnson standing around? If you aren't part of the football program, I don't think you should be anywhere near the team, and 10x as much if you may prove to be a distraction.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:46 pm Speaking of celebrities... I was really bent out of shape when I saw all the celebrities on the sideline of the CU-CSU game.

What good can come of Dwayne Johnson standing around? If you aren't part of the football program, I don't think you should be anywhere near the team, and 10x as much if you may prove to be a distraction.
It worked for Pete Carroll at SC.

Oh, and don't forget, The Rock actually played college football...

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:43 pm Whoa. CU sells out the season for the first time in history!
Colorado has sold out of football tickets for the entire 2023 home slate, the school announced Tuesday. It marks the first time in program history that Colorado has sold out its full schedule as hype surrounding the No. 19 Buffaloes shifts into overdrive following a 3-0 start for the team under first-year coach Deion Sanders.

Capacity at Folsom Field is 50,183, but the official attendance for CU's first two home games surpassed that number
I foresee a LOT more celebrity Coach hires in the future... we'll know when a Kardashian is a CFB head coach ;)
Like who? Coach Prime at least served two years in a small conference before moving up. I’m not sure how many celebrity coaches would do that. Dilfer is 1-2 at UAB after 2 years of coaching high school. Other ex- pros have tried it but have not been successful. Sanders is an anomaly and not the rule.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:27 pm
I also kind of expect us to beat you again this weekend -
FWIW, I do too. We’re tough to beat at home (our last home loss was in 2017) but we don’t have nearly the horses to compete with a well-rounded team. I expect our young QB to make mistakes and UCLA’s offense to control TOP. That could change if Rising makes his comeback, but even if he did he’s gonna need to knock off the rust. I’d be pleasantly surprised if we manage to come out with a win, but certainly not expecting to.

Just as I mentioned CU getting exposed, I’m fully expecting the same for Utah over the next 4 games. The hope is that we find out if Johnson can continue to develop into a legit starter, or if we’re going to be looking at starting over at QB next year (with Zach Wilson’s little brother).
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:43 pm
Huh. I always thought Folsom field was way bigger than 50k.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:58 pm It worked for Pete Carroll at SC.
I'm not following, what worked for him?
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:58 pm Oh, and don't forget, The Rock actually played college football...
Why would that be something I should consider here? I honestly don't get the relevance at all.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:55 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:27 pm
I also kind of expect us to beat you again this weekend -
FWIW, I do too. We’re tough to beat at home (our last home loss was in 2017) but we don’t have nearly the horses to compete with a well-rounded team. I expect our young QB to make mistakes and UCLA’s offense to control TOP. That could change if Rising makes his comeback, but even if he did he’s gonna need to knock off the rust. I’d be pleasantly surprised if we manage to come out with a win, but certainly not expecting to.

Just as I mentioned CU getting exposed, I’m fully expecting the same for Utah over the next 4 games. The hope is that we find out if Johnson can continue to develop into a legit starter, or if we’re going to be looking at starting over at QB next year (with Zach Wilson’s little brother).
Eh, we probably won't control TOP - Kelly has been playing fast again because of the clock changes so he can get his plays in (he got burned in the first game when we only had the ball 4 times in the 1st half), and as a result, we don't try to possess the ball much at all - we're just hitting too many big plays and on the other side, while the defense is extremely athletic, we're still playing a bit of bend/don't break and giving up too many 3rd down conversions until we buckle up.

We do have a pretty good 4 minute offense if it comes to that tho.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:58 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:58 pm It worked for Pete Carroll at SC.
I'm not following, what worked for him?
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:58 pm Oh, and don't forget, The Rock actually played college football...
Why would that be something I should consider here? I honestly don't get the relevance at all.
Pete Carroll ALWAYS had a ton of celebs on the sideline, and it was part of how SC became a Juggernaut. Every player in the country wanted to have Snoop on the sidelines and at practice, etc. (at UCLA, high donor season ticket holders can get sideline passes too - so from a University/Program perspective, it's great for milking the donors too).

As to the Rock and being a CFB player - having a guy show up who played can actually be valuable to players. Especially if they were a success on the field and off, as the rock has been.
Last edited by Pyperkub on Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:57 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:43 pm
Huh. I always thought Folsom field was way bigger than 50k.
just sharing trivia on this topic here.

Back in 1991 (the middle of my stay there), the average attendance over the year was 51,910.

https://static.cubuffs.com/custompages/ ... ecords.pdf

ahh, memories! (I was nearly crushed in this)

edit:
and for all the Michigan fans... who could forget The Miracle in Michigan

anyhow, forgive my flight of fantasy - I gotta get it out of my system before Saturday.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Both Rising and Kuithe confirmed out today, so I’m going with Bruins by four, 24-20.

Interesting stat just posted, average stats of True FR QB’s at Rice-Eccles Stadium since 2015: 12/24, 115 yds, 1 TD/1 INT. Moore is special and likely breaks that mold, but this is a different Utah team at home.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brutal... just brutal

I really hope the Sanders family knows a good recipe for humble pie.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I am going to guess Deion knew something like this was coming. Maybe not this bad but he knows football good enough to know Oregon was no Colorado State.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That was as dominant a defensive performance as I’ve seen from Utah in a long time. UCLA ended the game with 9 yards rushing. The game was won by our d-line with an assist by Rice Eccles. It was deafening in there today and it seemed like that really affected the young QB.

If we can get some semblance of an offense instead of the backups (lost RB1 today :( ), this team might stil possibly contend for the P12. Defense has been absolutely nails so far and seems to be getting better.

Wasn’t terribly surprised by the CU outcome. Oregon is the real deal. Will be interesting to see how they respond to that beat down.