NFL 2023 Regular Season Plus SUPERBOWL!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Unagi

Re: NFL 2023 Regular Season Plus Playoffs

Post by Unagi »

41-35 - The winner will be the team wearing their red.

(saying this not sure which it will be)

I hope the Chief's win, but only because that will tick off that anti-Swift crowd, and I'd like that to develop to completion.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

What's the over/under on if Taylor Swift will endorse Biden during the broadcast?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:42 pm What's the over/under on if Taylor Swift will endorse Biden during the broadcast?
:lol: :clap: :pray:
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:34 pm 41-35 - The winner will be the team wearing their red.

I hope the Chief's win, but only because that will tick off that anti-Swift crowd, and I'd like that to develop to completion.
I don't care about San Francisco but since Purdy is an Iowa State alum I'd love to see him win. He's been underrated his entire career. So if the Chiefs win and a bunch of idiots get all whiny I'm happy. If the 49ers win Brock gets a ring and I'm happy. Whether the Chiefs win or not I'm going to say that it's 1,000,000-1 odds that they don't get butthurt and jump on twitter the first time they show her.
As for her endorsing Biden I don't think she will. With her and Kelce being in the new phase of their relationship I don't think she'll want to put the spotlight any more on herself at his expense. She's got her own platform to encourage people to do vote.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:34 pm 41-35 - The winner will be the team wearing their red.

My daughter wants the 49ers to win because she likes Brock Purdy and she wants the Swifties to be crushed. :lol:

She thought SZA should have gotten Album of the Year so suck it Swifties I guess. (I like Taylor Swift but I agree)

I wanted Detroit to win or the Bills but that’s not in this timeline. Go Chiefs I suppose but it’s not a strong sentiment.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:37 pm

I don't care about San Francisco but since Purdy is an Iowa State alum I'd love to see him win. He's been underrated his entire career. So if the Chiefs win and a bunch of idiots get all whiny I'm happy. If the 49ers win Brock gets a ring and I'm happy. Whether the Chiefs win or not I'm going to say that it's 1,000,000-1 odds that they don't get butthurt and jump on twitter the first time they show her.
As for her endorsing Biden I don't think she will. With her and Kelce being in the new phase of their relationship I don't think she'll want to put the spotlight any more on herself at his expense. She's got her own platform to encourage people to do vote.
Oh, my real heart is behind Purdy. I'm tired of Mahomes, more or less. I find myself wishing the Chiefs ill will for no reason at all... Purdy, on the other hand, is someone I could get excited for.

And yeah, the endorsing Biden thing was (I think) a total joke - but just one to giggle about happening. I don't think Swift will have any half-time air-time at all... (well, they will show her all night, but she wont be handed a mic)

I still think Chiefs will pull it out, but last minute... And that's just because it feels like this universe will produce that outcome over the other. These teams are truly quite even.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:54 pm
I wanted Detroit to win or the Bills but that’s not in this timeline.
Yeah, that's what I wanted too. My heart isn't really in this Superbowl all that much. I can be happy about either team winning, and I don't particularly want either team to lose.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:54 pm She thought SZA should have gotten Album of the Year so suck it Swifties I guess. (I like Taylor Swift but I agree)

I wanted Detroit to win or the Bills but that’s not in this timeline. Go Chiefs I suppose but it’s not a strong sentiment.
I had to look up who this is. Still have no idea.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 pm
$iljanus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:54 pm She thought SZA should have gotten Album of the Year so suck it Swifties I guess. (I like Taylor Swift but I agree)

Who, Taylor Swift? :P
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:01 pm
EvilHomer3k wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 pm

Who, Taylor Swift? :P
No. SZA
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

sigh
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I was pleasantly surprised he didn't say Detroit.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

My guess is Niners win 27-24 and Purdy is named MVP purely for the narrative. But as long as the game is good I’ll be happy.

I’ll be up at 4am to smoke a pork butt, so really all I care about is the pulled pork coming out good. Last time I tried to make it for a crowd it took so long to cook I had to serve microwaved hot dogs instead.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

msteelers wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:07 am I’ll be up at 4am to smoke a pork butt, so really all I care about is the pulled pork coming out good. Last time I tried to make it for a crowd it took so long to cook I had to serve microwaved hot dogs instead.
I still think you will have an undercooked pork butt (given that timing). Don't be afraid to end it in the oven if it's looking too close.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote:
msteelers wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:07 am I’ll be up at 4am to smoke a pork butt, so really all I care about is the pulled pork coming out good. Last time I tried to make it for a crowd it took so long to cook I had to serve microwaved hot dogs instead.
I still think you will have an undercooked pork butt (given that timing). Don't be afraid to end it in the oven if it's looking too close.
14 hours not enough time? I smoked one a few weeks ago and it was ready in less than 12 hours even with a 2-hour rest. This one is a bit bigger but not by much.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Guess I wasn't sure when you were going to lay it all out for eating.

But - yeah - each pork butt I've dealt with (not a ton, but maybe like a dozen) takes a different amount of time - not just based on size alone.

Personally, if I get up at 4:00 am to start smoking something - it probably hasn't started smoking until 4:30 or so (I'm slow to execute). And then - I figured you may want to have it ready around 5:00 or so, and that would mean having it resting by 4:00.

So, I just worried that ~11 hours may not be enough. But you are probably good. :ninja: If you just did it with a similar size pork butt, etc - you should see similar timing I would think.

Never mind my smoked pork-butt paranoia. :D
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Now you have me worried!!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Do you trust your smoker to run unattended from when you go to bed until an early wake-up?

That's how I've done it more recently.
Keeping it warm and ready to be pulled is something that can be extended for quite some time, so being ready ahead of time isn't as bad as the other way around.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I'm thinking 24-17 49ers, CMC MVP. I will probably be wrong.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
naednek

Post by naednek »

msteelers wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:07 am My guess is Niners win 27-24 and Purdy is named MVP purely for the narrative. But as long as the game is good I’ll be happy.

I’ll be up at 4am to smoke a pork butt, so really all I care about is the pulled pork coming out good. Last time I tried to make it for a crowd it took so long to cook I had to serve microwaved hot dogs instead.
4am? What time are you planning to eat? I started mine at 9pm so that it's ready by 3 or 4pm and then rest. Hoping to server during half time. I have a 10 pounder and it will take 18 or more hours to cook.

I've done countless pork butts and most of the time they are 8 pounders and they take at least 14 hours.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

13 hours in, haven't hit the stall yet. Image

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Jaymann

Re: NFL 2023 Regular Season Plus SUPERBOWL!

Post by Jaymann »

T minus 5 hours 23 minutes.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

naednek wrote:13 hours in, haven't hit the stall yet. Image

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Lookin' great!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I have no real rooting interest today and would be fine with either team wining. I think Mahomes is fun to watch and it would be funny to see the broflake meltdown. On the other hand, a SF means another Utah player gets a ring. I’m good with either.

Mostly just sad because it’s the end of football for the year. :(
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This game is turrible.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

This game has been a great advertisement for Canadian football.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

So many mistakes by both teams.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Wow.

OT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:08 pm This game is turrible.
This game is no longer turrible
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Not enough Taylor. Too many temu commercials. OT for the superbowl is great though.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

The 49ers lead - and now the chiefs lead it’s a conspiracy on top of conspiracies!!

:o :pop:
Last edited by waitingtoconnect on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Welp. Never bet against Mahomes, I guess.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:12 pm I'm gonna go contra on this one, though the line of SF -1.5 is basically a pick 'em. I say a defensive struggle: 49ers 16 Chiefs 23.
Damn I'm good.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I never thought I'd see a Super Bowl lost because of a missed extra point.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

naednek wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:03 am
msteelers wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:07 am My guess is Niners win 27-24 and Purdy is named MVP purely for the narrative. But as long as the game is good I’ll be happy.

4am? What time are you planning to eat? I started mine at 9pm so that it's ready by 3 or 4pm and then rest. Hoping to server during half time. I have a 10 pounder and it will take 18 or more hours to cook.

I've done countless pork butts and most of the time they are 8 pounders and they take at least 14 hours.
I mean, I tried ...
naednek

Post by naednek »

1st. My pork shoulder took 19 hours... And that was after cranking it to 300 degrees the last two hours. Came out great. I really need to add 2 hours or more to what I think it will take.

2nd. 49ers had every chance to win this. The lack of capitalizing on the Chiefs mistakes in the 1st half, to the special teams not recovering, and our rookie kicker getting a routine xtra point blocked because he kicks line drives.
It also didn't help that the play calling went away from what got them there in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

I thought the game was well officiated (for once)and overall a good game. I knew we were going to lose when the niners couldn't score off the turnovers and their mistakes. Can't give Mahomes the ball that many times.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

The game had a strong ending at least. The 49ers should have won but couldn’t make any move that would put the game away.

The pulled pork came out great. It took 12 hours to cook it with the smoker running between 250-275. I did end up putting it on at midnight just in case, so had to do some juggling between a cooler and my oven to hold it until dinner time, but it all went well and came out great.

Did anyone watch on Paramount+ and have trouble with their feeds? The sound mix was terrible for Ushers halftime, and throughout the game the video would speed up like someone hit fast forward, but the audio wouldn’t be affected.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I hit big playing Super Bowl Squares thanks to winning the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
Hodor.