THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

The Fifteenth Doctor

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Max Peck

The Fifteenth Doctor

Post by Max Peck »

I like the new Doctor, I like Ruby, and I'm looking forward to finding out just who Mrs Flood actually is...

I'll just leave this here for posterity:
Spoiler:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
JCC

Re: The Fifteenth Doctor

Post by JCC »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:47 pm

I like the new Doctor, I like Ruby, and I'm looking forward to finding out just who Mrs Flood actually is...

I'll just leave this here for posterity:
Spoiler:
The episode was fine but the song was perhaps the low point for new who.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The new season starts today on Disney+.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
JCC

Post by JCC »

Yes! 2 episodes are available tonight.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Christ, space babies actually made me think Chibnall might be the better writer. I really hope it gets better as the season continues.

I like the new doctor, but he needs to tone down the capering a bit. That or I need to get used to his version of the Doctor.
He won. Period.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Yea, the new era is off to a disappointing start for me. I do like Ncuti and I like Ruby as well. But man, the Xmas special and the Space Babies were pretty bad. Actually, I mostly enjoyed the Christmas special, but I hated the singing scene. I did like the Devil's Chord better, but that's clearing a low bar. I am hoping Moffat's episode this weekend will be much better.
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I enjoyed the singing in the Christmas special, but only because I’m a big fan of Neil Patrick Harris.
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I enjoyed the space baby episode, but I'm a cheap date when it comes to Doctor Who. :lol:

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The CGI lips creeped me out, I have to say.
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:02 am The CGI lips creeped me out, I have to say.
SPACE CGI lips!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Watched second episode. I guess “coward Doctor” is what we’re going with this iteration.

I will say I now want an episode with Neil Patrick Harris and Jinkx Monsoom. They were NEVER not entertaining. Jinkx just chewed up the scenery in a great way.

The story though? Meh.
He won. Period.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Well... "Boom" was a lot better than the rest of the season so far. But, just "good" not "great".

On a related note, here is Steven Moffat denying being involved with this season of Doctor Who while also naming the episode and Christmas special he wrote for it. Clever boy.

Boom!
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Boom felt like Doctor Who, finally. It wasn’t great but it at least gave me hope the show can return to form.

Edit: and I just finished the latest episode named 73 Yards. I really liked it, even if the ending kind of petered out. But I suspect it will really be finished in a later episode.
He won. Period.