THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Jeff Vogel talks Geneforge 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Meghan

Jeff Vogel talks Geneforge 4

Post by Meghan »

Spotted this at Codex - Jeff Vogel made a long post on his boards about his plans for Geneforge 4. He wants to have the mac version out this year. He's thinking a lot about improved animation and spell effects and such. Also higher resolution graphics.

So far you can play as either a servile or a human. You start the game as a rebel but he's sticking with the three classes Agent/Shaper/Guardian, which seems odd. He's planning some new creatures & spells though. He tinkering heavily with mines and stealth options.

All of this is preliminary work-in-progress stuff so possilby subject to change. For more, here's a link to Jeff's post at Spiderweb.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Vogel used to more or less never participate in the forums (I think they were read to pick up on bugs that slipped through the cracks of course), but he's been active of late, posting about Avernum 4 and even saying why he did certain things as well as taking some fan art submissions (the new chitrach's do look terrific). Good for him, says I.

I Was kind of hoping he'd shake up the skill system somewaht. But this sounds like it could breathe some new life into the GF series, and IMO it needs some new life.