War on Terror Demo

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zekester

War on Terror Demo

Post by Zekester »

http://www.gamershell.com/download_12586.shtml

"Near future RTS"

In the process of downloading it now, as it sounds and looks pretty decent.

Anyone know their german? :wink:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

The English version of the demo is now out.

Gonna try it now. The German one left me unimpressed, so we'll see if there was something I was missing.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Kobra

Post by Kobra »

It looks a lot like Act of War.

But this screenshot doesn't give me confidence;

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/war_on_ter ... html?id=51

2 guys with pistols 6 feet from a guy with an AK, shooting at each other in the face with a 1990's ford ranger in the background. :roll:
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Yeah, it certainly doesn't break any new ground for RTS's.

With the english demo, I was able to clean up the graphics to a decent level. Still nothing all that great, though.

This game reminds me a lot of Warrior Kings with it's look, slow gameplay, and chuggy engine. But I loved Warrior Kings despite that, and I also enjoyed playing this demo. I like the slow play style.

It does have some interesting features, like being able to zoom right down to a first-person view of the action from any unit. Overall, the camera is fantastic with it's freedom.

It also has MP points earned, which enable you to purchase reinforcements in-game.

It has unit experience levels.

It has unit 'special' features, for example an Apache can fire a salvo for a limited time.

There doesn't seem to be any skirmish ability, but to me the campaign may be enough.....I like the setting and premise; modern warfare against terrorists.

I can't really recommend it right now with it's warts and unique style of play, but I will probably be picking it up.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Kobra wrote:It looks a lot like Act of War.

But this screenshot doesn't give me confidence;

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/war_on_ter ... html?id=51

2 guys with pistols 6 feet from a guy with an AK, shooting at each other in the face with a 1990's ford ranger in the background. :roll:
I wasn't seeing anything near that level of graphic prettiness in the demo, but I am only running an FX5600Ultra.
This game does seem to be either not very efficient-running, or a real resource hog.