THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

space rangers 2 how do i use stuff i get in military station

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

mrbig1479

space rangers 2 how do i use stuff i get in military station

Post by mrbig1479 »

i get combat programs but i have no idea how to use them?

is this an auto option ???
a burn

Re: space rangers 2 how do i use stuff i get in military sta

Post by a burn »

mrbig1479 wrote:i get combat programs but i have no idea how to use them?

is this an auto option ???
You have a talk command when you pause in the space screen right? Now, in order to upload virus to the DOms, you need a program called Intercom. This only allows you to contact and understand them. There will be options to upload other nasty stuff to the opposition if you have those programs.

Where to obtain programs? Military bases after a successful system defence [there will be a note at the bottom notifying you to claim the program]. They might also give programs whe you raise in rank. It will also be part of the mission rewards on planets when completed.

Fav. programs:

Alarm: Cause doms to drop equipment.
System Disconnect: Total shutdown of the affected Dom.
Absolute Weapons: Cause the target to self destruct. No xp or items though.
mrbig1479

thx

Post by mrbig1479 »

thx burn

after i use a program i can still use it? or is it deleted??

can i use a program when i see keller orbiting around a black hole?? and

kill him?

when i follow him into the black hole i just die

i just can win there - to much for me

any advice??
a burn

Re: thx

Post by a burn »

mrbig1479 wrote:thx burn

kill him?

any advice??
The programs received have only a limited number of runs. once used it's gone.

As for Keller, you can only talk to him once you defeat him in the black hole. The how to do it? Get a very big ship- at least 1000 hp, 5 weapon slots and load up with imho9000 or multi resonators. The class of hull: try to get a gugol, ariva tolosum, ideal [rare] or antidominator [very rare] if you're facing him late game [year 20+] That way you can stand a chance in the blackhole.
mrbig1479

Post by mrbig1479 »

i use the search buttom for a hull -i want it to be perfect

but i cant look for "ideal" (that have all of the slots)

i can only look the type class like "bromed" or somthing like that

i think that this represent the tech level but witch one has the higher tech level??

i found on the forom a post the some guy posted with a list of the hulls

but he didnt mentioned -the best ship
or the best tech level for such a ship
i have like 500k but i cant find a better hull then mine only 693 hp
(on year 23)
and what the hell is imho 9000??
a burn

Post by a burn »

mrbig1479 wrote:i use the search buttom for a hull -i want it to be perfect

but i cant look for "ideal" (that have all of the slots)

i can only look the type class like "bromed" or somthing like that

i think that this represent the tech level but witch one has the higher tech level??

i found on the forom a post the some guy posted with a list of the hulls

but he didnt mentioned -the best ship
or the best tech level for such a ship
i have like 500k but i cant find a better hull then mine only 693 hp
(on year 23)
and what the hell is imho 9000??
Ok, Here is how I search for ships. If I don't really discriminate I just search for Hull Warrior or Hull Ranger. These turn up the more combat oriented hulls [more weapons/artifact slots]. Then narrow it down to tech [or +armour rating]. Don't go for anything less than a Nanoobtect, Polymorph or Bioslot [above 10 armour].

Of course, the higher the tech the rarer the ship.

And 500k is not enough. I found a Human Polymorph Hull Ranger "ideal" with all slots/artifacts, 900+ hp and +12 armour that went for 900+k. Upgrading this monster went over 1 million. This was about year 25. Save for an Antidominator [all weapon slots, 1 artifact, afterburners but 1.4K hp], this was the absolute best combat ship possible. Save for these babies.

An IMHO 9000? That is the dominator fragment weapon. Usually does 60-80+ damage with area of effect. Quite nasty.
mrbig1479

Post by mrbig1479 »

damn i need more money

thx burn
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

mrbig1479 wrote:thx burn

kill him?

any advice??
I'm informed that with a tough enough ship, you can slap on autopilot and the AI will win it for you.

I won with a ship with 667 hit points and four guns. Whichever gun it is which fires those blue comet style weapons, that is probably the best Hyperspace weapon. Just fly backwards while firing, and ensure that you fly through the centre reguarly to ensure you, not them, get the health.
a burn

Post by a burn »

Quitch wrote:I'm informed that with a tough enough ship, you can slap on autopilot and the AI will win it for you.

I won with a ship with 667 hit points and four guns. Whichever gun it is which fires those blue comet style weapons, that is probably the best Hyperspace weapon. Just fly backwards while firing, and ensure that you fly through the centre reguarly to ensure you, not them, get the health.
Because I tend to fight Keller late game, getting a big enough ship almost always wins on autopilot. Just that the choice of weapons is the key. Personally, I like using multi-resonators and IMHO 9000 more than flow blasters [blue homing bolts] because these weapons are good everywhere. Both have good damage and hits more than 1 target. In the blackholes, a multi resonator attacks in 2 ways- a direct fire green bolt that does medium dmg and as a flying turret that shoots a line of green tracers that does constant but light damage. Has better attack range than flow blasters because of this. An IMHO 9000 is like a shotgun- short range but massive spread and damage. Good if you have a lot of hp and just want a big target to die quickly.

Last bit, never ever take a turbogravir into the black hole. It shoots out in a very short spiral so despite having high damage, you almost never hit anything >_<
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

I have to say it always felt to me that the green clouds weren't doing much damage. I rather like having frag cannons in a wormhole, you get reasonable damage, fair range and they home in on anything which gets close.