McCain on Rumsfeld: "No Confidence"

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Bandero

McCain on Rumsfeld: "No Confidence"

Post by Bandero »

AP Story @ Yahoo News

Interesting stuff I thought. Rummy's star is definitely not on the rise lately!
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. " Kurt Vonnegut
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I heard a rumor this past week. It's from a friend of a doctor of my friend. This guy went to an interview for the Homeland Security Sec job. During the interview (it was with Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney), Bush asked some questions, they weren't amazing questions, but they were good questions. After awhile of asking questions, Rummy got fed up with Bush and started telling him to 'shut up and listen'. This went on for a bit until Cheney got tired of it and told Bush to leave the room so that Rumsfeld and him could finish the interview in peace.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I was just about to post this! :shock:

I like how McCain speaks his mind, but I fear it will cost him any chance at the 2008 ticket. And I dearly want him to run, because I can't think of any major figure in either party that I respect as much as him.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

Dirt wrote:It's from a friend of a doctor of my friend.
Your brother's uncle's sister's former roommate?

What's that make us?
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Bandero

Post by Bandero »

Exodor wrote:I was just about to post this! :shock:
Great Minds... :D
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. " Kurt Vonnegut
strummer

Post by strummer »

The Preacher wrote:

What's that make us?
Absolutely nothing!
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

The Preacher wrote:

What's that make us?
People I know on a messageboard.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

McCain isn't the only one bashing Rumsfeld
“I don’t like the way he has done some things. I think they have been irresponsible,” Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska said Sunday on CNN after returning from Iraq. “I don’t like the way we went into Iraq. We didn’t go into Iraq with enough troops.”
Schwarzkopf, interviewed on MSNBC-TV’s “Hardball,” chided Rumsfeld for his reply to a soldier in Kuwait over the lack of armor on many military vehicles used in Iraq.

“I was very, very disappointed — no, let me put it stronger — I was angry by the words of the secretary of defense when he laid it all on the Army, as if he, as the secretary of defense, didn’t have anything to do with the Army and the Army was over there doing it themselves, screwing up,” Schwarzkopf said.

Schwarzkopf, a registered independent who campaigned for Bush in the last two presidential elections, has previously criticized Rumsfeld on several occasions as arrogant and out of touch with troops on the ground.
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

McCain is the man! Rummy is a lying bastard and a sack of shit. The sad part about the situation it that Bush is too stupid to fire him and too dumb to give him the finger.

I hate to say it but the 2nd Bush term is gonna be wilder than Girls Gone Wild on Mardi Gras! :?

I hope McCain will run in 08. The religious wing of the Rep. party cant stand him but he is very appealing to Dems.
XBox Live Gamertag: Yankeeman84

GO HOKIES!!!

Virginia Tech Department of History
setaside

Post by setaside »

I know that I'm generally left-leaning and I would vote for McCain in a heartbeat.

And yes ... Rumsfeld is a putz.
DD

Post by DD »

"This will get me the top slot on the Today show for sure! What?!?! Damn that Scott Peterson, couldn't he have the common courtesy to get the death penalty on a day when I'm not satisfying my enormous need for attention?!?!!? Bastard!"
geezer

Post by geezer »

DD wrote:"This will get me the top slot on the Today show for sure! What?!?! Damn that Scott Peterson, couldn't he have the common courtesy to get the death penalty on a day when I'm not satisfying my enormous need for attention?!?!!? Bastard!"
Are you talking about McCain? Or did you mean Kristol, Hagel, Sullivan or Trent Lott?

Just asking which one of the narcissictic publicity hounds we are supposed to be mocking here.

edit: maybe it was Schwarzkopf you were mocking?
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

geezer wrote:
DD wrote:"This will get me the top slot on the Today show for sure! What?!?! Damn that Scott Peterson, couldn't he have the common courtesy to get the death penalty on a day when I'm not satisfying my enormous need for attention?!?!!? Bastard!"
Are you talking about McCain? Or did you mean Kristol, Hagel, Sullivan or Trent Lott?

Just asking which one of the narcissictic publicity hounds we are supposed to be mocking here.

edit: maybe it was Schwarzkopf you were mocking?

I assumed it was W. :wink:
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

And now Trent Lott is calling for Rumsfeld to be replaced...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... t_rumsfeld
Bandero

Post by Bandero »

Looks like the Republicans might be lighting up the spit for some sacrificial lamb a la Rumsfeld!

Or maybe not; this week's villain is next week's medal recipient apparently. I'd love to see that arrogant ass go away though.
The Evil Dead

Post by The Evil Dead »

Exodor wrote:I was just about to post this! :shock:

I like how McCain speaks his mind, but I fear it will cost him any chance at the 2008 ticket. And I dearly want him to run, because I can't think of any major figure in either party that I respect as much as him.
Same here.
Listen to the Eels
WAW

Post by WAW »

WASHINGTON — Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld will begin personally signing condolence letters sent to families of troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, after receiving criticism over his use of mechanical signatures.
Rumsfeld! What a piece of shit. As Repub's like to point out casualties are light no more than three a day and he can't write his name three f**king times a day.
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Just to briefly comment on McCain: I can understand that you occasionally have to make compromises to move your agenda forward, especially to stay relevant within your own party. However, I fail to remotely understand how he made peace with Bush enough to campaign for him during the past year. In the South Carolina 2000 primary, Bush supporters smeared the hell out of McCain, accusing him of fathering a black child out of wedlock. That's no small charge, especially in the South. What happens is that McCain actually has an adopted daughter named Bridget from Bangladesh, whose skin happens to be dark. Yet the charge stuck, and the rest is history. To me, that would be absolutely unforgiveable. To McCain...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Why does McCain on Rumsfield have the same ring as Girl on Girl?

It's interesting how the second term hasn't even begun and every one is distancing themselves from what I thought gave the republicans a mandate. This is the party of complete geniuses, because I don't understand a damned thing they are doing, but it keeps working to build popularity. What they are doing makes perfect sense to me....However it is the polar opposite of what they have been doing six or more years and in opposition to what has gained them huge popularity in spite of what I would have thought to have been the case. The next thing you know not, they will have us out of Iraq and will start cutting spending.

I am so confused. Oh wait, this is still all just talk. It's not like anything has actually changed. Nevermind it's the same republican party of the last six years. Life is not in chaos. Call me when we start to listen our military leaders.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

AndyM wrote:To McCain...
McCain understands political reality. Be persona non grata to the a same-party President is absolutely untenable. Compromise is the key to all politics.

It's also why people like you (I'm assuming from your post) and me would never do well at it. We believe way too much in our respective positions to compromise.
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.