DS's still sold out everywhere

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Orpheo

DS's still sold out everywhere

Post by Orpheo »

Anyone happen to know when DS's will be available again? Did Nintendo ship the 2 million extra units they were trying to get out for Christmas? Did they sell out too?
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

My home office told all EBs not to expect our next batch of them until mid-January. We did get a good amount a few days before Xmas, so I'm assuming that was there additional allocation.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Tebunker

Post by Tebunker »

I've seen one or two here and there, but never more than that...
JCC

Post by JCC »

Hmmm, my local Best Buy seemed to have plenty of them on Sunday. Unless they were displaying empty boxes...
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

JCC wrote:Hmmm, my local Best Buy seemed to have plenty of them on Sunday. Unless they were displaying empty boxes...
Which is possible. I know I was seeing store shelves stocked with tons of display boxes for a while and this was in various stores.
setaside

Post by setaside »

My local Blockbuster had several the last time I was in. I'm fairly certain they weren't display boxes either. You might check there.
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

they got like 30 of them on the shelf at the best buy here in arkansas.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

I'm trying hard not to post something about them not playing games or having electricity in Arkansas..Guess I failed.
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

Orpheo wrote:I'm trying hard not to post something about them not playing games or having electricity in Arkansas..Guess I failed.
Im sure its nothing DBT and i have not heard a million times. :lol: It is worth saying that if arkansas had it you would expect every one else too as well lol.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Checked Compusa, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Blockbuster, and no go. Guess I'll just wait a couple of weeks. I don't even know why I want one now; there's no games yet.
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Orpheo wrote:I don't even know why I want one now; there's no games yet.
While I can most assuredly debate that statement, even if it were true, the remaining reason to get a DS is because your GBA games will look so much better.

I knew they were better when I started playing on my DS, but I recently had it reconfirmed. My DS was out of power and charging and I wanted to play, so I used my son's SP. I had been playing Final Fantasy I and it looked so washed out and bland on the SP compared to when I was playing on the DS.
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

I am having the same debate also.

I own a GBA and I hardly touched it in the last 2 years, mainly because of the screen. Since then, I've found a few games I want to play on GBA (Mario Golf, FFTA, FF1&2, Zelda). I could either get a GBA SP or get the new DS.

The DS is almost 3 times the cost of the SP, and there are currently no games available, or even announced, that interests me on the DS system. Should I shell out now for an SP that MAY not see much use or go ahead with the DS and hope Nintendo has some good games on the way?

With the PSP on the horizon, this choice just seems harder and harder to make.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Oh, there's no question whatsoever in my mind that there will be plenty of great games for the thing. But right now, there's only eight games, and I can only think of three that I would likely play (Mario, Mr Driller, and maybe XX/XY).
gellar

Post by gellar »

Orpheo wrote:Checked Compusa, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Blockbuster, and no go. Guess I'll just wait a couple of weeks. I don't even know why I want one now; there's no games yet.
Because you are dumb.

gellar

PS - TELL ME HOW IT GOES KTHX.
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

EB and Wal-Mart had a few when I checked today.
EB was ripping people off by charging $20 extra. Wal-Mart had the regular price.

Bought an SP today by the way, but EB wouldn't pricematch Wal-Mart's low price on Final Fantasy 1&2
Tebunker

Post by Tebunker »

I would've recommended the DS over the SP if only because the DS does GBA games better than the SP does. No freakin lie there. It's a true backlit screen unlike the SP's front-lit one, so you get truer colors and better sound via the two speakers insteand of one. Sure the DS is twice as much, but in terms of potential and future the DS is the way to go right now.

You can play all the GBA games you want and then just wait it out for the good DS games...
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

EBGames.com is selling them again, but only in a bundle with four games for $300. Hopefully they'll break it down into smaller packages soon, I don't want to get all that at once.