Now for some completely mindless action... Gunner 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Now for some completely mindless action... Gunner 2

Post by Kasey Chang »

Try the Warlock Studio's action shooter... gunner 2. It's beachhead, except it's in full 3D (no sprites) and you actually have friendlies! (althought they are obstacles that obscure your fire instead of actually helping).

They have "mission packs" that lets you play WW2, present, or future turret gunning. WW2 have you as land, ship, or plane turret gunner, while present mainly have you as anti-helo gunner. As for the future, I guess you shoot UFOs and mechas. :D

It's completely mindless, and it even supports the FPS controller like Microsoft Dual Strike.

Those "defend the bombers" levels sure gets your adrenaline pumping... :D

Oh, and get the demo directly from the URL above. I tried the time-limited 60 minute version and boy, that was UN-satisfying after being kicked off after X minutes.

http://www.warlockstudio.com/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

I liked Gunner2 also, but Pacific Gunner was the better shooter IMO
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Just played some of the Gunner 2 demo.
But I can't figure out if it recognizes "leading' the enemy planes, or if you're just supposed to line 'em up in your sights directly with no leading of your shots?
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
CSL

Post by CSL »

Giles Habibula wrote:Just played some of the Gunner 2 demo.
But I can't figure out if it recognizes "leading' the enemy planes, or if you're just supposed to line 'em up in your sights directly with no leading of your shots?
Lead
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yes, lead definitely. The fun part about bomber defense is most of the time the enemies come at you, so they basically are kinda easy to shoot, but narrow profile. When they catch up, they're doing so at a low closure rate, and thus makes shooting them more of a pleasure... If your gunfire reaches that far.

Oh, and don't shoot any friendlies. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds