Seeking Recommendations/Advice for a Water Cooling unit

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

gorham09

Seeking Recommendations/Advice for a Water Cooling unit

Post by gorham09 »

I may be getting a BFG 6800 Ultra OC with a water cooling block on it. To that end I am looking to set up a water cooling setup- initially only for the video card and then perhaps the CPU (currently running a 2.8 at 3.25 with air cooling). I know little about water cooling other than what I can glean from some research. I am not new to air cooling and overclocking, nor system building.

Most important to me is getting something that's all-in-one. In other words, a kit that's self contained. I also am not looking to break the bank. I've seen kits costing well over $200 and I've seen internal drive bay units that cost under $100, but since I have no experience in this area, I am not sure what will meet my needs.

I would love to hear from others with experience in water cooling as to what might suit my needs as a beginner.

THe WC-201 Evercool Water Cooler Kit at this site intrigued me for its low price and favorable review
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Overclockers.com has review of just about every watercooling kit on the market.
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

Thanks Casey. The review I mentioned on that particular kit above was from overclockers.com. :D I used to lurk their all the time. On this particular topic I was looking for people that could share their personal experience and recommendations with a "newbie" to watercooling. Reviews don't always help newbies. For example, I was wondering what impact having a graphics card and cpu set up with waterblocks has on cooling, since the water is first flowing through one block and then heading to another (in other words their not on separate lines) before heading back to the main radiator.

I agree though O/C.com is a great resource.