2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Chibi Robo - How much do I love this game?!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bullwinkle

Chibi Robo - How much do I love this game?!

Post by Bullwinkle »

As always, the test of a game that hits me just right is how long I dedicate to playing. I played this thing last night for 4 or 5 hours, when I had promised myself just to give it a look-see and try to get back into San Andreas (a little bored with the 360, so trying to get back to Xbox games that I'm too far into to start over on the 360, should they become BC [let me move my saves, damnit!]). Then today, promising myself to just find the giga-charger then get into San Andreas, I've played for another 2 hours. I guess I'm addicted.

Why do I love it?

Personality, no question. All the little things add up. I love the music when I clean things with the toothbrush. I love that Chibi's footsteps are musical and they change depending on where he's walking. I love love love that Redcrest superhero guy and that I can get 25 happy points just by going on a quick patrol with him everynight. I love Plankbeard and the Guess -Which-Eye-Will-Open con-artist. I really love Jenny and her ribbit-speak. I love that I'm cleaning crap up just to earn happy points and climb in the ratings so I can become Super Chibi, but also so I can get the next battery upgrade.

The pacing of the game is just perfect to me. It inspires me to keep playing, just to complete the next goal, but another goal comes up that makes me want to keep going. I was worried when I heard about the day/night cycle that there was going to be a time pressure thing like with Pikmin, but no. You play at your own pace. I bought a time upgrade for a pittance that gives me ample time in a cycle to get nearly everything done that I need to. But if it feels like to much, I can pay another pittance to speed things up again.

There are collectables, but most of them are random money/happy-givers. For the permanent ones, however, if you're like me and are addicted to finding everything, there's a tally on the map screen for the number of Chibi doors in a room. That'll be fun knocking off. Finding the frog rings for Jenny is a lot of fun, too.

I wish the graphics were a little more up to date, but they're still charming and get the job done. And if you don't like typical Nintendo babble-speak, you'll have a hard time with this, but I find it amusing (however, it's not amusing that you can't speed through the dialogue).

Anyway, I love this game. For me, it was worth the $50, but I don't think I could recommend that price for everyone. I was expecting it to be $30, though even at $40 I would give it a look. Renting is a good idea because it may not click with everyone the way it has with me. It really has with me.
vizionblind

Post by vizionblind »

my wife bought it and loves it
XBOX 360 Gamer Tag: Buliwyf
Playstation 3 Name: Vizionblind
Wii Buddy Code: 1040 8240 3382 4372
Xfire Name: buliwyf76