Resident Evil DS

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

CSL

Resident Evil DS

Post by CSL »

Has anyone seen or gotten this yet? I'm eagerly awaiting my copy and its supposedly been out for a week, so i'm hoping I can grab one before work today.

Never played it when it originally came out, so I am hoping for good shit.
msurby

Post by msurby »

I got it the other day. I am also a RE noob, so I am looking forward to it. I have only gotten to the very first zombie - who promptly kicked my ass. I'm guessing I need to just run away for now, since my knife really didn't do too much good. My only real complaint so far is the very tiny image. Hopefully it won't end up being too much of a problem, but Jill was super tiny when she was in the dining room.
A candy-coated clown they call the Sandman...
tiny ogre

Post by tiny ogre »

I didn't get very far yet, but it seems like a faithful port, without the stupidly long load times. They did put the door opening load screens in, but you can skip them with a button press. I wish there was an option to just turn them off.

The camera angles and controls are still just as annoying as they were 10 years ago of course.

The voice acting is just horrible too, some of the worst ever.

I'm not really sure why I got it, I was actually really annoyed with a lot of things in the original :) It just seemed like a really great thing to have on a handheld for some reason. Plus RE4's awesomeness may have clouded my judgment about the rest of the series.

It does have some cute DS touches, like minigames where you slash at zombies with the touch screen. Having the map open on the top screen at all times is nice too.

msurby - you have a gun from the start, not just a knife. Try the right shoulder button instead of the left :) Ammo is limited though, be conservative. Supposedly less so in "rebirth" mode than classic. I haven't played enough yet to vouch for that.