Saving Games in Hitman Blood Money?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

fatgreta

Saving Games in Hitman Blood Money?

Post by fatgreta »

Hi there.

I started the training mission, got part way through, saved the game and went out for a while. I tried to load it today and finish it off, to see if I want to keep playing the game, and there's no save game file? Do I have to finish every mission before I quit the game to be able to reload saves?

Thanks,

Chris
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

In a word - yes. From what I recall, saves in mission are only valid in mission, you need to get between missions before you can quit playing and save your progress.
-mf
fatgreta

Post by fatgreta »

MonkeyFinger wrote:In a word - yes. From what I recall, saves in mission are only valid in mission, you need to get between missions before you can quit playing and save your progress.
Well thanks, I'll stop wasting my time on the game and move on to other ventures!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Huh? Ive played all the Hitman games and I swear everyone had a quicksave ability. I usually recall when a game does'nt. You sure theres no way to do that in Blood Money?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
fatgreta

Post by fatgreta »

Daehawk wrote:Huh? Ive played all the Hitman games and I swear everyone had a quicksave ability. I usually recall when a game does'nt. You sure theres no way to do that in Blood Money?
I can save inside the mission, but if I want to exit the game before I finish the mission, I lose the save games. I have trouble understanding why a game would be designed in such a way, but it is what it is ... off of my hard drive.
Bandero

Post by Bandero »

fatgreta wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Huh? Ive played all the Hitman games and I swear everyone had a quicksave ability. I usually recall when a game does'nt. You sure theres no way to do that in Blood Money?
I can save inside the mission, but if I want to exit the game before I finish the mission, I lose the save games. I have trouble understanding why a game would be designed in such a way, but it is what it is ... off of my hard drive.
Yeah, this has to be one of the dumber decisions in a while, even though I really liked Blood Money overall.
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. " Kurt Vonnegut
fatgreta

Post by fatgreta »

Bandero wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
Yeah, this has to be one of the dumber decisions in a while, even though I really liked Blood Money overall.
Yes, and I likely would have as well, and I'm bummed about it. Overall though, I'm not very good at games like this. I tend to get stuck in the missions sometimes, and then frustrated and need to walk away and return with a fresh mindset. Or sometimes they just take too long to finish, and I have to go to work or out or something. I just can't imagine why they'd have done it that way. Oh well, on to Galactic Civ II, which I know I will love.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

It's a great game though.
But I quit playing after about 7 missions because of that savegame thing.
I do plan to continue when I have larger blocks of playing time available.
Really, it's a lot of fun. Don't give up on it completely.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
FlyingElvis

Post by FlyingElvis »

fatgreta wrote:
Can't you alt-tab out and move those saves before quiting?
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Xbox Live: FlyingElvis12
fatgreta

Post by fatgreta »

FlyingElvis wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
Can't you alt-tab out and move those saves before quiting?
Please, tell me more!