THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

The Other Side

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

The Other Side

Post by Chaosraven »

I think it might be fun to do a DungeonKeeper DnD game...

All EVIL Characters... with a dungeon lair common home and making raids on the humans and such...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You know that I would be in since you nixed my dark-paladin idea for the other game. Plus running a true evil thief and/or assassin would be like taking the kid gloves off of the old Darlinger character. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

This has the potential for being the quickest dissolving thread in the history of forum gaming.

Lightfingers: I pick Stubby's pocket.
Stubby: Fine, I smash my axe into' Lightfinger's face.
Powercinder: Hey, Lightfingers was my friend! I cast Fireball at Stubby.
Morticia: ALL HAIL CYRIC, GOD OF THE DEAD! In a fit of blood-frenzy I sacrifice Powercinder to the god of death.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Can the goody goodies from the other games attack the bad guys dungeon? Forum Game Thread Wars!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Hyena wrote:This has the potential for being the quickest dissolving thread in the history of forum gaming.

Lightfingers: I pick Stubby's pocket.
Stubby: Fine, I smash my axe into' Lightfinger's face.
Powercinder: Hey, Lightfingers was my friend! I cast Fireball at Stubby.
Morticia: ALL HAIL CYRIC, GOD OF THE DEAD! In a fit of blood-frenzy I sacrifice Powercinder to the god of death.
Evil does not mean untrustworthy nor does it mean unloyal. An evil character can be either or both. Chaotic implies what you are thinking. Lawful implies some form of code is being followed just not one that adheres to your weakminded morals and unwillingness to do what needs be done to succeed. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

But what if succeeding to one person means having something that another player has? :P

No, I understand the difference. I played many years of D&D in high school with guys that just wanted to play evil parties. Sometimes it worked out well, sometimes...not so much.

IPC (Inter-Party Conflict) is something that is practically inevitable in evil parties, I think. That is why I found the books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman about the Knights of Takhisis so interesting. They recognized that in-fighting was getting them nowhere, so they created their Anti-Paladins to be truly evil, but at the same time truly loyal to their cause. Which just happened to be the enslavement of the entire world and the elimination of all things good.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If you are playing Lawful Evil then it is in the nature of the character to adhere to a code. That means you can easily follow all of the laws that keep order in a Lawful Good town but just apply them differently. Such as slavery. Or the manner in which justice is meted out or by whom. Things like that. However, having the random chaotic or neutral evil character in there can balance things out the same way it should for a "good" group. The difference is that good charcter's inter-group play will seem a bit hmmm...how you say non-sociopathic in comparison?
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Hrm, this sounds intresting. I may be interested if it ever gets going.
Silky

Post by Silky »

How about a party of Chaotic Neutral Kender? Too slapstick?
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

How 'bout some action in one or more of the fifty games you're already hosting? ;)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:How 'bout some action in one or more of the fifty games you're already hosting? ;)
ooooh, remember, my character/I had nothing to do with that comment. :lol:
Remus West

Re:

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:How 'bout some action in one or more of the fifty games you're already hosting? ;)
ooooh, remember, my character/I had nothing to do with that comment. :lol:
eh, go ahead and think I did at this point. At least then you would be remembering the game. :P

see what you get when I dig through old threads. :oops: