THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Simple Werewolf game 1 - Sign Up 1 slot left

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Simple Werewolf game 1 - Sign Up 1 slot left

Post by Remus West »

Obviously I'll turn this over to someone else if they want to mod but since nobody else started the thread.....

1 Seer
2 Wolves
11 total players

1. Remus West
2. Grundbegriff
3. Lassr
4. Lagom Lite
5. Newcastle
6. Unagi
7. Mr Bubbles
8. Semaj
9. theohall
10. stessier
Last edited by Remus West on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kraegor

Re: Simple Werewolf game 1 - Sign Up

Post by Kraegor »

/shrug. I'll mod it and allow a player to play... course I'll let you do this scut work... send me a PM when it's full :P

1. theohall
2. semaj
3. mr bubbles
4. unagi
5. newcastle
6. lagom lite
7. lassr
8. grundbegriff
9. remus
10. stessier

conscientious objectors: The Meal, Chaosraven
Last edited by Kraegor on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:/shrug. I'll mod it and allow a player to play... course I'll let you do this scut work... send me a PM when it's full :P
I don't mind Moding, I just said that in case someone really felt it was their turn. If you want to play then have at it. :)
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

nah
Kraegor wrote: I'll mod it and allow a player to play...
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Did we settle on scoring criteria for the league? Or is this a non-league game?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

In.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I was wondering if we have we decided what we are going to about the scoring and also to help the Night and day cycles go faster?

edit - a big boo to the boards, i was just tryin be cute and align up the I from I and Night, so they were on top of each other, but the screen where you write the message is not the length of what is posted...yeah i know i could preview and fiddle, but i am lazy like that.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm IN.

I actually planned to run my next Nordic Gods game with a new (for us) way of doing the day votes - and it may help move things along a little.

I'll share it here; in the event that others may find it interesting and would want to try it out in this game.

I call it The Gauntlet: :roll:
Accusations:
Accusations are a very serious thing. When a player makes an Accusation they force the entire village to chose "LYNCH/PASS" for that Accused player.
Option: Force the order of votes (use order of sign-ups, or alpha...) So that, if Austin makes an Accusation on Scoop, who ever is after Scoop must first chime in with their "LYNCH/PASS". This may help keep things moving (much like waiting for the next player in one of our poker tournaments), in that it would be clear who has is next expected to pass judgement on the current accusation.

If the Accused player earns a majority of PASS votes, the focus of all votes now moves to the Accuser.

The entire village must next chose "LYNCH/PASS" for the Accuser player, with the same rules described above (first vote being the living player listed after the Accuser).

If the Accuser player also earns a majority of PASS votes, then these two players (The Accused and the Accuser) are both immune for the rest of the day to lynch, and are also no longer allowed to initiate an accusation (althought they are allowed to pass judgement) for the remainder of the day.

By rule, all accusations start with one vote for PASS (the implied vote of the Accused) and one vote for LYNCH (the implied vote of the Accuser), which is reversed, of course, if it switches to the second phase of the accusation.

The day would continue like this, Accuser and Accused, until there is a lynch or until there are no more pairs to be made.

The plays one could make with this voting method are interesting. Do two wolves accuse eachother early, so as to be given a pass? To risky? Do the wolves hang back and fear making any accusations at all? I also like how it kinda forces everyone to play a little bit, and also perhaps stains people with a vote history they didn't realize at the time could be used against them later.

Thoughts?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:Thoughts?
I saw where the rule for an "In Person" WW game was that once someone makes an Accussation, both sides (The Accuser and Accusee) make their case and then everyone has to vote for one of the two players. If we added an "Abstain" option with a failed majority meaning the game moves straight to night, that might work as well.

In this case, the first person to  Accuse 

would be that day's Accuser.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

stessier wrote:
I saw where the rule for an "In Person" WW game was that once someone makes an Accussation, both sides (The Accuser and Accusee) make their case and then everyone has to vote for one of the two players. If we added an "Abstain" option with a failed majority meaning the game moves straight to night, that might work as well.

Random selection from the pool that Abstained gets axed instead.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
stessier

Post by stessier »

The Meal wrote:
stessier wrote:

Random selection from the pool that Abstained gets axed instead.
Does this mean you'll play??? :D

The problem there - what if the Seer has scanned both and knows they aren't Wolves? Is it fair to make him vote for one or have him possibly be the Day's lynch for Abstaining?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:

In this case, the first person to Accuse would be that day's Accuser.
That could also work, it would likely result in either more Lynchless days and/or misses. Would you agree?

Letting the day continue (with further rounds of Accuser/Accused) seems to help keep the wolves exposed a little more - and a lot more data to pour over the next day? Too much?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Count me IN. Haven't played for a bit.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Inzorz
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Count me IN, please.

The Guantlet looks like an interesting idea.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

2 spots left
stessier

Post by stessier »

In.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

As a note, considering this is an attempt at a league game, I don't see much need for me to "make the call" with respect to rules. Ya'll hash it out and I'll implement/enforce what is decided.

There isn't a pure need to have the scoring perfect. A change in scoring methods by League Game 4 for example can retroactively be applied to all previous games.

thus Mechanics (which should remain constant) are more important than Scoring (which can be changed whenever). A change in mechanics could vastly impair scoring validity. A change in scoring has no impact on mechanics.

Otherwise, /shrug.
Unagi

Re: Simple Werewolf game 1 - Sign Up 1 slot left

Post by Unagi »

yes, if we plan for this to be the first of the scored games, we should not also try any strange new accusation/lynching rules.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

16. (Rulez about keeping the game moving to be inserted here.)
is "no edits" the extent of this or do other options require consideration?
theohall

Post by theohall »

[ezmate]Haven't had power the past 2 days to the Nor'easter which hit Norfolk, so if this starts this weekend, probably won't have anything to say until Monday. Posting from work right now.[/ezmate]
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

We are full, so lets see if I remeber how to do this...

Stessier 

Yup,... still works fine.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Kraegor wrote:
is "no edits" the extent of this or do other options require consideration?
i think since nothing has really been hashed out, perhaps the participants should "try" to keep the game moving. Ie dont stall on lynches, and if you are powered at night, get your orders in asap.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Got my role. Everyone got theirs? Does the game start with night or day (do the wolves kill first or do we lynch first)?
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I see Semaj still knows how to make himself look guilty from the beginning :wink:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:Does the game start with night or day (do the wolves kill first or do we lynch first)?
In the WWL games, Sunday night's slaughtered is always Myopis Punderheimer, a loner from the village.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

irst off, individual game rules should be standardized and adopted for all games played in this setting:

1. One player moderates the game.

2. The moderator will open up the game thread with a [WWL] tag in the subject line. 9 players may participate.

3. The moderator will choose 2 players using random.org to play the roles of the werewolves. The moderator will designate one as Werewolf #1 and the other as Werewolf #2.

4. The moderator will choose 1 player from the remaining 7 to play the role of the seer.

5. The game opens with an assumed NPC death and awareness by the "Village" that there are werewolves among them.

6. Each turn of the game will be designated by a day of the week. The game opens on a Monday Day turn.

7. Day turns are open for discussion amongst the players. The day turn ends when one player is voted to be executed by the Village. The execution takes place, the executed player is removed from the game, and the remaining players are told whether the executed player was a mere villager or a werewolf. If the village executes its Seer, the players will only be told that a villager was executed. The "autopsy" reveal shows only team, not role.

8. Villagers may not PM or discuss the game elsewhere at any time.

9. Werewolf players may PM one another.

10. Night turns begin after the execution and reveal of team during a day turn.

11. During the night, the players may talk in forum if they like.

12. During the night turn, the Werewolves will select one player to kill, and PM this choice to the moderator. If the werewolf players cannot agree on a target, at the moderator's discretion he may designate werewolf #1 to make the final selection.

13. During the night turn, the Seer may scan a single player to determine that player's team alignment. The Seer will PM his scan choice to the moderator, and will be told "Bubba is a villager" or "Bubba is a Werewolf".

14. The Moderator will hold the result of the Seer's scan in abeyance until he is sure that the Seer has not been the target of the werewolves in the night. The night time turn sequence is as follows:

a.) Werewolves turn in their attack target and the Seer turns in his scan target.
b.) Werewolf kill action resolved.
c.) If Seer remains alive, he is informed of his scan result

15. Game ends when either all wolves are killed (Village victory), or there are only villagers equal to the number of Wolves at the start of a Day turn.

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Does the game start with night or day (do the wolves kill first or do we lynch first)?
In the WWL games, Sunday night's slaughtered is always Myopis Punderheimer, a loner from the village.
And he totally deserved it. Did you see the way he was dressed?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The Meal wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
:shock:
/pulls his skirt down over his fishnet stockings and runs away to change clothes.
/returns dressed as a lumber jack.

What?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Have we given up discussing rules in this thread now that the game has started? ;)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

double post
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
The Meal wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
:shock:
/pulls his skirt down over his fishnet stockings and runs away to change clothes.
/returns dressed as a lumber jack.

What?

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Is it just me or does that girl look like Elizabeth Banks? (From various Scrubs episodes among other roles)

Had to be far to long ago when that photo was taken to be her but still.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, I certainly see it.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

It's Connie Booth isn't it?
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, she was the "witch" in the Holy Grail too.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

She HAS got a wart.
Is there anyone in hell?

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:It's Connie Booth isn't it?
:wub: