Post by CSL »

???

:?:
Rip

Re: Frontpage?

Post by Rip »

CSL wrote:???

Yea it is a medicore WSIWYG html editor for Windows. :lol: Oh you meant our Frontpage. It is creeping nearer and nearer to completion. I doubt it will be placed online before The Meal returns.

There is actually a test version out there on the interweb somewhere.

Maybe we should launch a scavenger hunt?
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
MHS

Post by MHS »

Rip wrote:

.... I doubt it will be placed online before The Meal returns....
I doubt it too, as he should be walking in the door in the next half-hour or so. Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lee

Post by Lee »

MHS wrote:
Rip wrote:

.... I doubt it will be placed online before The Meal returns....
I doubt it too, as he should be walking in the door in the next half-hour or so. Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
You couldn't go to the airport to pick his ass up?!
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

You couldn't go to the airport to pick his ass up?!
Would you? :wink:
XBox Live Gamertag: Yankeeman84

GO HOKIES!!!

Virginia Tech Department of History
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Just the semi-official report, we found a phase 1 CMS that we can work with for now. It's not great, but none of the ones I've looked at have the full feature set we want, so we're settling for something we can get up and running fairly quickly with that's not too difficult to customize. There's still some work to do, but making the CMS decision took a lot of time, particularly because I ended up installing all the ones I was interested in to test them out.

What's left to do at this point from a technical standpoint is to determine what content we're going with initially, and develop the pages, code, and process to support that.
MHS

Post by MHS »

Lee wrote: You couldn't go to the airport to pick his ass up?!
Don't even get me started. I planned to get a limo and be in the back of it, at the airport. Work wouldn't let me leave early. It was not a fun day to be around me yesterday. :x
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

MHS wrote:
Don't even get me started. I planned to get a limo and be in the back of it, at the airport. Work wouldn't let me leave early. It was not a fun day to be around me yesterday. :x
You seemed fun enough when I got home. :twisted:

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
CSL

Post by CSL »

The Meal wrote:
MHS wrote:
You seemed fun enough when I got home. :twisted:

~Neal
Heh Heh Heh.....Alright
CSL

Post by CSL »

So.....
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

No progress has been made since the last update (that I know about, at least).

~Neal
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

No progress at this point. I laid out the process that we'll be following for developing the site, but we haven't moved beyond that.

I have been playing around with another CMS which is more capable of doing more complex things, but I haven't said anything about it yet because it's in development and I'm not very comfortable with how it functions.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

This isn't going to happen, is it? I remember at the beginning of OO, there was much talk about content, about coming up with new stuff on the frontpage, even quiet murmurs about Andy kicking up the Gold Guide again. I haven't even seen Andy around in a long while. It doesn't matter, there's no reason OO can't have a long and healthy life as a messageboard.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Dirt wrote:This isn't going to happen, is it? I remember at the beginning of OO, there was much talk about content, about coming up with new stuff on the frontpage, even quiet murmurs about Andy kicking up the Gold Guide again. I haven't even seen Andy around in a long while. It doesn't matter, there's no reason OO can't have a long and healthy life as a messageboard.
Whether it happens or not is a fate that's clearly out of my hands, for what it's worth.

~Neal
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

The Meal wrote:
Dirt wrote:This isn't going to happen, is it? I remember at the beginning of OO, there was much talk about content, about coming up with new stuff on the frontpage, even quiet murmurs about Andy kicking up the Gold Guide again. I haven't even seen Andy around in a long while. It doesn't matter, there's no reason OO can't have a long and healthy life as a messageboard.
Whether it happens or not is a fate that's clearly out of my hands, for what it's worth.

~Neal
Who stole your hands? That's ghastly, and a violation of your human rights.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude