A OO Get Together Forum?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

CeeKay

A OO Get Together Forum?

Post by CeeKay »

I was wondering if a seperate forum for 'OO Get Togethers' would be feasible. I see they've been doing well in the EBG forum, but they tend to get buried, and having them all in one place might make it easier for everyone to see if something is happening in their neck of the woods.

It's just a thought, no lynch mobs or anything involved :wink: Ok, maybe an angry mob of Bavarians dressed in leiderhosen armed with torches and pitchforks, but no lynchings.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Crux

Re: A OO Get Together Forum?

Post by Crux »

CeeKay wrote:I was wondering if a seperate forum for 'OO Get Togethers' would be feasible. I see they've been doing well in the EBG forum, but they tend to get buried, and having them all in one place might make it easier for everyone to see if something is happening in their neck of the woods.

It's just a thought, no lynch mobs or anything involved :wink: Ok, maybe an angry mob of Bavarians dressed in leiderhosen armed with torches and pitchforks, but no lynchings.
BURN CEEKAY! BURN CEEKAY!!! :ninja:
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Rip

Post by Rip »

Not a bad idea. Maybe we could get people to post pictures from the get togethers as well.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

That's a nifty idea. I fear, however, that folks would miss out on the get-togethers if they were all placed in an "off" forum. We're constantly moving things out of EbG, for instance, and into the Bargain Bin, because the BB doesn't see a lot of action and folks don't even think to look in there first for good prices on stuff. I'd be worried that something similar would happen with the Get-Togethers.

A different idea would be to have the Get-Together threads stickied in EbG so that folks don't miss out on the goings-on. I'm not crazy about that idea, but I know I've heard from some folks in the past that were bummed that they didn't hear about times we were getting together (and I'm too lazy to email each of the 25-or-so folks who live in the area who've shown up in the past for Front Range get-togethers).

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

That reminds me, I need to bump the Boston thread.
Lee

Post by Lee »

The Meal wrote:A different idea would be to have the Get-Together threads stickied in EbG so that folks don't miss out on the goings-on. I'm not crazy about that idea, but I know I've heard from some folks in the past that were bummed that they didn't hear about times we were getting together (and I'm too lazy to email each of the 25-or-so folks who live in the area who've shown up in the past for Front Range get-togethers).
I don't believe there are enough get-togethers to warrant its own forum myself.

I am all for the sticky idea though. One, because it's a good idea. Two because, it would drive the Meal bonkers every time he entered EBG. His eyes would go instantly to that sticky. He needs something to take his mind off of job right now, this would help. :D
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

I think a get-together announcement is exactly the sort of thread that should be stickied temporarily. It's something you want to make sure people see, and it's not a permanent thread.
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

As much as I don't like a whole lot of stickies, I think giving these threads a temporary sticky would be an interesting experiment. They've got a clear release date (the day after the event), and there''s usually not too many of them. Might be cool to give it a try.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

They've got a clear release date (the day after the event), and there''s usually not too many of them. Might be cool to give it a try.
this would be perfect for a front page.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm comfortable with that.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Hey IR, how about I stick my finger up your butt?
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

This thread has jumped the shark.
A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.
-Robert Frost