THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Re: Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Post by LordMortis »

If there was ever a reason to tax trades, Robinhood is showing it now. 2 Billion come. 2 Billion go.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

After going down the WSB rabbit hole a bit, I'm fully convinced most of those people are idiots.

I mean, look at this. That guy has SO MUCH tied into GME, which he claims he opened from $250k, that he's down over $2.5M today, and it still has a market value of over $4.2M. He admitted at one point that was all worth $17M.

I hope he gets stuck holding the bag on this one along with the idiots who keep saying "GME $1000" on that subreddit.

Also, here's someone else who bought at almost the tippy top of the rush today. 50% of that position, all gone.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

And the guy in for six figures + telling them to hold the line while he deflates his position is a happy camper.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Entering a trade is only 50% of the trade.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 pm After going down the WSB rabbit hole a bit, I'm fully convinced most of those people are idiots.
Uhhuh.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Was curious about WSB "Stonks only go up". It is estimated 2.2 million registered users follow/participate and who knows how many more try to follow. Some of those posts have thousands of responses in a day. The suggestion a preponderance of them are financing through student loans and margins since the COVID as part of YOLO.

Also I love how TD Ameritrade is describing these ridiculous moves

"... continued momentum driven by retail investor interest in the stock."
Zaxxon wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 pm After going down the WSB rabbit hole a bit, I'm fully convinced most of those people are idiots.
Uhhuh.
They seem to refer to themselves by slur that would make ILB go crazy with the ban hammer.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:47 pm"... continued momentum driven by retail investor interest in the stock."
Pretty much anything can be translated into market-speak and sound reasonable.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 pm
Me, I'm done for the day after flipping KOSS. Back to work..
My sell this morning was $3.95 for half. Put limit in for the other half at $4.49. My phone blew up with a bunch of partial fills around 2pm. All out.

It just hit $5.87. That's around $5K left on the table.

:grund:
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Hoodies have it now. $6.40.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

$7.30. Closing all trading windows now. :cry:

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:03 pm $7.30. Closing all trading windows now. :cry:
Have to focus on the fact that you made a winning trade, not the fact that it could have been more winning-y.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'm usually able to do that easily but it was a matter of 30 mins on a GTC limit order I set this morning. Apparently WSB is now on to KOSS.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3654070-k ... t-wsb-crew

I'll live but damn.

In other news, OSTK up around 12% AH on news about Pelion taking over management of Medici. Take some sting out of KOSS. OTSK is like my 3rd largest position right now and one that I didn't sell too early.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm I'm usually able to do that easily but it was a matter of 30 mins on a GTC limit order I set this morning. Apparently WSB is now on to KOSS.

I'll live but damn.

In other news, OSTK up around 12% AH on news about Pelion taking over management of Medici. Take some sting out of KOSS. OTSK is like my 3rd largest position right now and one that I didn't sell too early.
Someone needs to nudge them in the direction of one of my many drug empire stocks. Sounds like the perfect crowd to boost some of my holdings high enough and fast enough to get consideration for listing on a major exchange.

Also, psychedelics ETF yo! :D

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/space-m ... 14893.html
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:53 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm I'm usually able to do that easily but it was a matter of 30 mins on a GTC limit order I set this morning. Apparently WSB is now on to KOSS.

I'll live but damn.

Someone needs to nudge them in the direction of one of my many drug empire stocks. Sounds like the perfect crowd to boost some of my holdings high enough and fast enough to get consideration for listing on a major exchange.
From what I can see someone is accumulating long before a "pick" on WSB. Saw it with KOSS (though I thought it was someone other than WSB), saw it with GME. GME was telegraphed though.

You know all the quants are all over WSB now and studying every post and chart.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:59 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:53 pm

I'll live but damn.

From what I can see someone is accumulating long before a "pick" on WSB. Saw it with KOSS (though I thought it was someone other than WSB), saw it with GME. GME was telegraphed though.

You know all the quants are all over WSB now and studying every post and chart.
Are you saying WSB has a "Q" ?! :P Who could be the man behind the curtain? :think:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pump and dump. Pump and dump never changes.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:17 pm Pump and dump. Pump and dump never changes.
True. Just take a look at almost any stock trading below about $10 on the Yahoo Finance forums to see that rule in action. Same old trite BS and "rocket/moon" variations that have been around since those forums have. Even the same tired old GIFs. I often wonder if the vast majority of those posts aren't bots. Seriously.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Are you saying WSB has a "Q" ?! :P Who could be the man behind the curtain? :think:
I don't think there is one individual or organization. But there are those that accumulate and then use WSB to pump.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

NOK already trading almost 7M shares (though it is a European stock) Under $4.20 on Friday. Currently $5.06

And for LB, I have no idea what KOSS do but $11.07
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:00 am

And for LB, I have no idea what KOSS do but $11.07
They make headphones but that's not why they're up. It's WSB or rumors of WSB. Crazy, started buying on 12/29, I had 3K shares yesterday.
:grund:

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I need to be a fly on your wall. Though, honestly, I'm in a contraction mode. I'm growing not putting new money in and looking to see which positions I want to trim as it becomes reasonable to trim them. I'd put more money in to VTI with some of this cash but I just can't at where the market is now. Between all these infusions and WSB and then well, COVID, I just am so out of my depth and this is the money I want to use a retirement bridge to get me to 59.5. I don't want to wake up and discover "well, I guess I must have exceeded my risk tolerance and I didn't understand what I thought I understood." I'm up to about 10% true cash, and another 20% still in CDs that mature on a monthly basis that I can't warrant renewing. It's burning a hole in my pocket but so far I'm holding.

Still I would love to be a fly on your wall...
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Good thread on WSB and who is really making the money.

Crazy markets.

I don't short outright but I'm considering some index puts or going back to more cash.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I can only assume that the investing "frothiness" will calm the US Gov starts taxing by the trade. Oddly enough, this will probably be a good thing.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jeez, GME again. I actually considered mirroring Chamath Palihapitiya when he tweeted that he bought $115 calls this am when it was in the $80s. Now hovering around $150...

:grund: :grund:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:36 pm Jeez, GME again. I actually considered mirroring Chamath Palihapitiya when he tweeted that he bought $115 calls this am when it was in the $80s. Now hovering around $150...

My friend bought April puts again when it was around $87 this morning. When it shot up to $150, his put were actually up from when he bought them. Something like 300% implied volatility.

This is not normal.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My PBI, $13.84 up $6.31 on the day. No reason. I'm guessing it's do with the high shorts on cheap stock, just like with seemingly every other highly shorted cheap stock. In related news my $7 April 16th call is $6.50, up $5.17 on the day. Maybe someone will strike my call :lol:

Horrible thing is I was looking at the short and almost bought more this morning, assuming WSB would get to them eventually.

Maybe this needs to be my in and out investment guide

https://www.highshortinterest.com/

Heh, as I'm going through up 10%+ on the day pretty generically.

Tootsie Roll closes at $38.44 +3.58 (10.27%)
-- Would be highest close since July 2, 2020, when it closed at $34.37

-- On pace for largest percent increase since Dec. 20, 2000, when it rose 18.84%

-- Currently up two consecutive days; up 15.83% over this period

-- Best two day stretch since the two days ending Aug. 8, 2007, when it rose 16.2%

-- Up 15.64% month-to-date; on pace for best month since Feb. 2002, when it rose 15.68%

-- Up 15.64% year-to-date

-- Down 12.5% from its all-time closing high of $39.25 on May 22, 2019

-- Up 2.15% from 52 weeks ago (Jan. 27, 2020), when it closed at $33.62

-- Down 9.26% from its 52-week closing high of $37.85 on April 6, 2020

-- Up 18.15% from its 52-week closing low of $29.07 on Sept. 23, 2020

-- Traded as high as $36.59; highest intraday level since June 11, 2020, when it hit $36.87

-- Up 21.4% at today's intraday high; largest intraday percent increase on record (Based on available data back to Jan. 21, 1972)

All data as of 11:27:05 AM
Enlarge Image
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Not going to call the top but we are at peak crazy.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:36 pm Jeez, GME again. I actually considered mirroring Chamath Palihapitiya when he tweeted that he bought $115 calls this am when it was in the $80s. Now hovering around $150...

My friend bought April puts again when it was around $87 this morning. When it shot up to $150, his put were actually up from when he bought them. Something like 300% implied volatility.

This is not normal.
Definitely not normal. I was considering it more because I knew that if Chamath was posting it, a bunch of folks would follow him and the tail might wag the dog, esp in addition to the WSBers.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:33 pm Definitely not normal. I was considering it more because I knew that if Chamath was posting it, a bunch of folks would follow him and the tail might wag the dog, esp in addition to the WSBers.
He would know best

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smells like.....bubble. Mmmmmmm.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I don't think "they" take it down. Big money will figure out how to neutralize them. Can't gamma squeeze forever.

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

GME $209.26 after hours.
Hodor.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 pm I don't think "they" take it down. Big money will figure out how to neutralize them. Can't gamma squeeze forever.
Yeah, we are on the same wavelength. Who's this "they"? :D I think this person doesn't get how it works. Also, they "better"? :P Is that a veiled threat? Oh, you mean they SHOULD, in a just world? LOLOLOLOL.

At the risk of skirting the edge of R&P, reading some of the posts from that site reminds me a LOT of the castle...errr..Capitol Sackers of late. Power to the people! This is OUR house! We, the people, are taking this shit over! Rise up, fellow patriots and short (or buy) the SHIT out of that stock!

I suspect (could be wrong) that it will end similarly, with a LOT of completely flabbergasted people realizing all too late, that although they felt their cause was just, and courageous, and needed, that when the machine is poked, it might take a bit to wake up, but it does wake up. Then shit gets real (for the pokers).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Was at 360 when I turned on CNBC this morning, who then reported Melvin was out. It dropped to 290 in seconds and the Andrew started live reporting on reddit and CNBC whom was already being criticized is now being dragged in the middle. :pop:

The chiron is just showing ups for all of the companies I showed in that link.
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 am At the risk of skirting the edge of R&P, reading some of the posts from that site reminds me a LOT of the castle...errr..Capitol Sackers of late. Power to the people! This is OUR house! We, the people, are taking this shit over! Rise up, fellow patriots and short (or buy) the SHIT out of that stock!
I'm seeing a lot of similarities on the power to the people anger movements with the feeling (because feeling mean so much) that they are being conducted by grifters. And while Musk is an entrepreneur and even a visionary, I have long since also believed he's also a grifter which is a dangerous mix.

I'm still waiting for someone to strike my $7 April PBI. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Edit: 190 and falling a half hour later...
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

AMC (the theatre chain) is up 200% premarket. This is when the Dow's implied open is -280 currently, Nasdaq is -100, S&P -40. Good grief.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:27 am AMC (the theatre chain) is up 200% premarket. This is when the Dow's implied open is -280 currently, Nasdaq is -100, S&P -40. Good grief.
It's ridiculous. That said, I picked up a few AMC this morning for shits and giggles. Already up 30%.
malchior

Post by malchior »

For a guy who should be in the know...I feel like he is somehow missing the theme of the mood of the 'mob' right now.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Uh, I'm not sure anyone on the WSB mob would say this is working due to a sophisticated approach.