[Disney+] The Acolyte

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

[Disney+] The Acolyte

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Victoria Raverna

Re: [Disney+] The Acolyte

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Watched this. The first fight scene is great. So Jedi and Sith used to know kungfu and able to fight much better in that era compare to the Skywalker era?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:12 am Watched this. The first fight scene is great. So Jedi and Sith used to know kungfu and able to fight much better in that era compare to the Skywalker era?
The kung fu needs to go away (it's become an overused trope - can't we get some whatever-warriors that use krav maga or something?) But yeah - everyone knew how to fight better than in the Skywalker era, as most of the specialized trainers were dead before Luke started doing his thing. He had to make due with elderly backpacks and apparitions.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This show is already getting beat down .Ive seen places jump on it about its gayness. I have idea no as I dont watch it or plan to. But just seems a big gay/fan/ Disney mess out there.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:21 pm This show is already getting beat down .Ive seen places jump on it about its gayness. I have idea no as I dont watch it or plan to. But just seems a big gay/fan/ Disney mess out there.
You're hanging out with the "anti woke" crowds? I don't know what gayness that they find here. There are nothing gay about the first two episodes which are all that is available for watch right now.

I guess they mostly have problem with female and non white main character. Or the actress who plays the character.

Here are example quote of one click bait article that provoke people to hate the show:
In the Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Noah asked Stenberg, “When people watch the hate you get, what do you want them to walk away with because I know everyone has a slightly different feeling.”
She responded, “Well, I mean, white people crying actually was the goal.”
That seemed insulting or bad when cut like that but the actual context is that she was talking about empathy. She want the "white people" to feel for the victim. It was an interview about the movie The Hate U Give which is about police brutality on a black person.