THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Solium Infernum lives!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

ghostlobster

Re: Solium Infernum lives!

Post by ghostlobster »

New hotfix patch has dropped, but it's also messed up all the saved games so I can't do my turn yet, hopefully they will have fixed it tomorrow.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I don't think this new game is coming together for me. Gotta say I don't love that the new guy's personal legion only has 1 movement.
Black Lives Matter.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Oh, I didn't even realize that. I was definitely surprised when his fart machine showed up.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The fart machine is pretty nice, but having a slow personal Legion is problematic. It's the only Legion that can't be stolen now that we know y'all can steal my Beast. There are fixes with teleportation or a promotion, but I think your Range bonus was a strategy mismatch.

I took the opposite approach by focusing on maxing out my personal Legion, which is why your Vendetta surprised me, El Guapo.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
baelthazar

Solium Infernum lives!

Post by baelthazar »

That said, having a machine that can do passive damage to my entire realm was pretty irritating.

Including my stronghold.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

The diplomacy screen looks like a conspiracy board lol. I love it. Also, I feel like this map has too many weird terrain hexes. Everywhere I turn it's lava, vents, rifts... Crazy.

Looking forward to more fart towers. 👍
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I like the lava, it keeps you nitwits off my lawn.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

Belial missed his turn, is he on vacation or something?

And whoever keeps summoning the angel, can you please stop? 😬
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I might be able to kill it if he waits 2 turns. :)
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Sorry to interrupt the multi-player flow but have any of y'all played this solo? If so, any thoughts?
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

I've not done much solo play, but they did make the AI much more difficult, as it was very easy before to just win. They do have campaigns for the different Arch Fiends, but I honestly just enjoy the multiplayer aspect. If you get it and want to join in on the devilish fun, we're always up for a new game 😁
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've only played it solo because the big kids won't let me play with them. :(

Before the AI update, it was pretty easy. The AI would do really stupid things. But I need to try it again after they announced improvements.
He won. Period.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Thank you guys! I'll check it out
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I could handle a second game, likely also a third.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Zarathud wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:25 pm I could handle a second game, likely also a third.
I am also open to this.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

Ok, so who is up for starting a new game? I know besides myself, Balthazar and Zarathud are up for one.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

ghostlobster wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:39 am Ok, so who is up for starting a new game? I know besides myself, Balthazar and Zarathud are up for one.
I'll play, but I can step aside to allow someone who hasn't gotten into a mp game yet to take my spot.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Archinerd wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:33 am
ghostlobster wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:39 am Ok, so who is up for starting a new game? I know besides myself, Balthazar and Zarathud are up for one.
I'll play, but I can step aside to allow someone who hasn't gotten into a mp game yet to take my spot.
Same.
Black Lives Matter.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Ok, I sent a join code to Zarathud, El Guapo, Archinerd, Ghostlobster, and Hepcat.

Everyone extend a warm and Hellish welcome to Hepcat! I hope he doesn't have the "home court advantage" given how similar Chicago is to Hell. So far, it hasn't helped Zarathud or Archinerd.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

baelthazar wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:50 am Ok, I sent a join code to Zarathud, El Guapo, Archinerd, Ghostlobster, and Hepcat.

Everyone extend a warm and Hellish welcome to Hepcat! I hope he doesn't have the "home court advantage" given how similar Chicago is to Hell. So far, it hasn't helped Zarathud or Archinerd.
I don't seem to have received a code.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I haven’t received anything either. Zarathud, Archinerd and I will be out most of the day (game day and Furiosa later), so it won’t be until late that we probably can do anything.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It’s ok a turn a day is the usual pace. And Archinerd and I have been stabbing each other so often the past few games, it’ll be good to give him a new victim.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Oops, I think I properly sent it this time
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

baelthazar wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:23 pm Oops, I think I properly sent it this time
How are you trying to send it?
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I made it into the game, I'm ready to flay Hepcat and wear his scrotum as a hat.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

El Guapo wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:07 am
baelthazar wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:23 pm Oops, I think I properly sent it this time
I was doing a PM but forgot to hit "add" and sent it empty.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

baelthazar wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:40 am
El Guapo wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:07 am
I was doing a PM but forgot to hit "add" and sent it empty.
I still haven't received it.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I have joined the game as the only character with luxurious hair like my own.

I think it's great you guys added someone who you can easily beat to make yourselves feel better. :D
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm in! Good luck everyone. Except for my opponents, I hate those guys.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I know you hate us, which is why we’re getting revenge when we can. :)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TBH I'm pretty much just waiting for the end in the now older game.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Yea, the Angel beat the crap out of you when you still had a chance — I’m still surprised you chose to attack me. There’s not much you can do to come back from the low teen Prestige. Trying to join Lilith makes sense, as none of her neighbors can control her.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:27 am Yea, the Angel beat the crap out of you when you still had a chance — I’m still surprised you chose to attack me. There’s not much you can do to come back from the low teen Prestige. Trying to join Lilith makes sense, as none of her neighbors can control her.
I can never remember who is who. Are you Mammon? I just want that +1 destruction PoP, damn it.

The main problem is that I can't put together a decent legion without Lilith stealing it.
Black Lives Matter.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Andromalius is fun for the praetor battles and tomes but his starting legion is weak and it took me forever to get that PoP.

I look forward to trying out Astaroth in the new game.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

One fun thing - I thought Lillith stole my Praetor but, I see the Praetor fighting (and losing) for Belial. So there was funny.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is it possible to lose on turn 2?

...let's find out! I'll go first.
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I feel like I usually lose by turn 6 or so, but it's still incredibly fun to play after that.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

We’re in hell, it’s all losing. But fun!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I usually lose within the first 5 turns, but don't realize it until turn 40 or so.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

I feel like it's the mid game where people can really make strides. But there is definitely a snowball effect where if you get ahead then it's hard for others to pull you back. I feel like there should be some more events or votes that pretty much punish the current leader. We need a blue shell in this game! 😁