New Parents, this is what you can expect!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Austin

New Parents, this is what you can expect!

Post by Austin »

I'm looking at Grevious Angel for this but there are others out there.

Here are some things you have to look forward to.
- Your kid screaming and trying to turn over on the change table while covered in crap.

- Getting peed on (if it's a boy)

- Poop in the bathtub. (only happened to AM so far... knock on wood)

- Coming home to the biggest, most sincere smile ever!

Any others? ;)
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Baby spitting out the pacifier, then crying and wailing about how she doesn't have it in her mouth.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Don't forget intermittent wailing in the middle of the night and plenty of nice clothes being spit up on:D
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
lildrgn

Post by lildrgn »

My favorite is the poop blast up the back.

Followed closely by the reverse sleep schedule (sleeps during day, plays at night).

Good fun.
You complete me.
words
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

~Projectile vomiting when you introduce lumps to their food.
~Projectile diarhea when you introduce milk.
~Changing your shirt, getting spit up on, changing your shirt, getting spit up on, repeat.
~Getting to the resturaunt, looking down, and noticing a nice, big white stain on your shoulder.
~Taking off the diaper just in time to find out that they haven't quit finished pooping.
~Having your game manuals eaten.
~Spit-up in your keyboard.
~Drooly baby-fingers grasping at your glasses.
~Drooly baby-fingers grasping at your monitor.
~All of those speaker/power wires becoming an incredible, forbidden joy
~Realizing at five minutes past nap-time that you left the telephone in the baby's room.
~The baby screaming when set down, then smiling when picked up, then screaming when set back down, forcing you to decide between ear-piercing shrieking or holding the baby for five hours straight.
~When baby is between diaper sizes, poops in the smaller size, then plops down, only to have the poop squirt up their back like a stepped on toothpaste tube.
~Trying to change a poop-covered baby whilst trying to keep two hands and two feet from grabbing his poop-covered lower bits.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
noun

Post by noun »

Don't forget the countless tidbits of unwanted advice from people who aren't even parents. Yeah, that was my favorite part.
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

My first kid was really good and I didn't have to put up with a lot of this stuff, so there is hope. My 5-month-old is the devil incarnate, though. She is so godawful bad. But, someone up there mentioned the sincere smile and it is true. In fact, her infatuation with smiling at me is probably the only reason she still lives today.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Thanks for the warning.. I am now officially scared!
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I just remember the actual infant time going by really fast and my biggest gripe was lack of sleep. The spit ups and diaper changings weren't too bad most of the time.

If I had to give advice I'd say don't be too quiet while trying to get the baby to sleep, they can learn to sleep with a little noise.

We had friends that if you would call em after 7:30 they would whisper while on the phone "we're trying to get the baby to sleep". While at our home we could watch TV or listen to music while our babies we're going to sleep.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Devil

Post by Devil »

My first is due in January - Keep updating this thread...
geezer

Post by geezer »

I like kittens.
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

A whole thread designed to terrify me. How kind you are, Austin. (dammit, this forum doesn't have that middle finger smilie that CG has. The cat butt will have to do. :idea: )

We've been warned about the diaper blowouts and liquids shooting out of every available orifice. We've heard about the sleepless nights and incessant screaming. But I don't think it will all sink in until that first time the baby starts crying at 2 in the morning. All we can do it the same thing parents have done since the dawn of time. Raise them the best you can and pray you'll be able to leech off them when you're old.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sweet, the wife has been moving in the kid direction. These list items should buy me a few more years. :lol:

"You know your favorite sweater, that Max Mara one?"
"Yeah..."
"Ok, now imagine it with BABY PUKE ALL OVER IT!!"
*gasp*

1 year minimum.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Blackhawk wrote: ~Projectile diarhea when you introduce milk.
Today was day 1 for milk. :shock: I'm definitely working late! :shock:
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

After reading this thread, I am more convinced than ever that I really like condoms.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

You mean this smilie Image?
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

CeeKay wrote:You mean this smilie Image?
Yeah, that's the one.
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

The wife and I decided last night that we're going to start trying to have a kid. Despite everything listed here, I'm still looking forward to it :).
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Heh.

Other things to look forward to:

---Kiddo discovers poop as an art medium. You enter kiddo's room to wake him from nap and discovery that he is awake, has gathered poop from his diaper, has drawn on wall with some of it, and is playing construction site with rest of poop and toy trucks, with a great eye towards versimilitude: he's filled the tiny little dump-truck with poop.

---Kiddo gets cocsackie virus (hand-foot-mouth), develops sores in mouth and throat, wakes up every thirty minutes crying for three nights running. The guy in "Clockwork Orange" would have folded like a cheap lawn chair in one night.

---Daughter develops charming habit of taking big mouthfull of food and then running off to spit it out in some secret location, so you are constantly discovering little troves of half-chewed food by smell, stepping on it, etc.

Vs. the good:

---Kiddo's huge smile when you get hope.

Son when I get home: Daddy, I missed you SOOOO much.

--Kiddos drawing pictures for you.

---Son, playing Candyland for the first time (a game I threw like Brando in On the Waterfront), insists after he wins that I continue to take cards and move because "I want you to win too, Daddy. I want you up here with me."
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Positional Plagiocephaly
Austin

Post by Austin »

Mr. Fed wrote:Heh.

---Kiddo gets cocsackie virus (hand-foot-mouth), develops sores in mouth and throat, wakes up every thirty minutes crying for three nights running. The guy in "Clockwork Orange" would have folded like a cheap lawn chair in one night.
Just went through this. Wasn't as bad but he was really, really pissy.

Also (and similar to a Fed one) I hear when they learn to remove their diaper at night it can be a poopy treat.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The most important thing to remember is this: Don't Kill Them.

Remember that bit and you're golden.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Getting your heart broken and stomped on.