Check please.....

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Hispanicgamer

Check please.....

Post by Hispanicgamer »

I don't want to rain on the parade here but should we users of OO be making any donations or something? I love the forums and am an original GGer so I just want to know how long before we might need to donate a dues? :?
Now Playing:
MoH, Amnesia, Self
"Work to Live, Live to Play"
The Meal

Re: Check please.....

Post by The Meal »

Hispanicgamer wrote:I don't want to rain on the parade here but should we users of OO be making any donations or something? I love the forums and am an original GGer so I just want to know how long before we might need to donate a dues? :?
The guy who's got the business end of everything is currently giving away free web-hosting deals. I'm pretty sure that financially everythings well in the green for our little site. :)

But I'll defer to anything Rip has to say on the issue.

~Neal
Rip

Post by Rip »

Everything is covered from a current overhead view. As The Meal pointed out, I'm getting my hosting stuff rolling, and you will be seeing a banner ad soon hopefully, support of that business will definately provide insurance for the continued livliehood. Not that any is needed.

The combined management group is currently working on a legal structure that will be agreeable to those involved and then there will almost certainly be efforts to generate some small amount of revenue to fund contests and ensure the sites ability to remain viable even upon the demise of myself or others. The desire is to make the site independant of any single carbon based bag of water :wink:

At this point the most important thing we can all do is continue to spread the word and continue actively supporting the community spirit that has managed to bring so many of such diverse background together in discussion.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Rip wrote:
The combined management group is currently working on a legal structure that will be agreeable to those involved and then there will almost certainly be efforts to generate some small amount of revenue to fund contests and ensure the sites ability to remain viable even upon the demise of myself or others.
Then we're talking about multiple server redundancy, some EMP hardened bunkers, numerous emergency generators and probably a server on the moon. That may take some $$$ so we better come up with some good t-shirts or bumper stickers to sell!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The combined management group is currently working on a legal structure

Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

$iljanus wrote:
Then we're talking about multiple server redundancy, some EMP hardened bunkers, numerous emergency generators and probably a server on the moon.
Don't you think the Overlords would have all of this already? They are Overlords after all.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

dbt1949, you're the greatest (sorry U.2.K)!!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg