THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

The consoles forum

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Peacedog

The consoles forum

Post by Peacedog »

Is now for consoles and mobile gaming. Games for console handhelds, as well as things for systems ranging from the ngage to those cool digital watches from 1986 that played space invaders, now go in the consoles forum as well. The name has been left as is for now, feel free to make suggestions here (and we already have "consoles &mobile gaming" as a suggestion, so don't make that one).
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Games without mice or keyboards?
Guy Incognito

Post by Guy Incognito »

ChrisGwinn wrote:Games without mice or keyboards?
Dreamcast had both. I think there are some rumors about the next Xbox having those for RTS games.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Unpolitically Correct Gaming
The Overlords demand any non-PC gaming discussions should take place here.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Guy Incognito wrote:
Dreamcast had both. I think there are some rumors about the next Xbox having those for RTS games.
Nobody really used them though. Heck, the original Playstation had a mouse available.
warning

Post by warning »

ChrisGwinn wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:
Nobody really used them though. Heck, the original Playstation had a mouse available.
As did the SNES.
Napoleon

Re: The consoles forum

Post by Napoleon »

Peacedog wrote:Is now for consoles and mobile gaming. Games for console handhelds, as well as things for systems ranging from the ngage to those cool digital watches from 1986 that played space invaders, now go in the consoles forum as well. The name has been left as is for now, feel free to make suggestions here (and we already have "consoles &mobile gaming" as a suggestion, so don't make that one).
Wasn't that kind of implied with the forums anyway though? I mean, DS and PSP discussion went in there already. Does that 1 Palm game that gets released every month really warrant such extra attention?
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Rip

Re: The consoles forum

Post by Rip »

Napoleon wrote:
Peacedog wrote:Is now for consoles and mobile gaming. Games for console handhelds, as well as things for systems ranging from the ngage to those cool digital watches from 1986 that played space invaders, now go in the consoles forum as well. The name has been left as is for now, feel free to make suggestions here (and we already have "consoles &mobile gaming" as a suggestion, so don't make that one).
Wasn't that kind of implied with the forums anyway though? I mean, DS and PSP discussion went in there already. Does that 1 Palm game that gets released every month really warrant such extra attention?
Sounds like someone is a little jealous. Did we forget to give you any attention today? :P
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

The 'Information' icon used on this post suffers the same 'backwards' color scheme that the sticky icon did.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

To the first: no, despite the recent ngage discussion. Rare though they may be, we have had various pocket/palm/belt-buckle PC game discussion take place in GBT. Now, we're talking probably single digit discussions in the history of I don't know how many. 5 thousand? 10 thousand? It isn't much.

However, it is a growing phenominon, even if it isn't a particularly noteworthy one among our own beloved little community (though I bet quite a few of us stole a turn or two on that space invaders watch. . .). It *could* become one. Best to make it clear up front to help avoid confusion if we ever get a Hetzian rash of cell phone reversi threads, even if those threads are few and far between (to speak to the second question).

Also, while the console handheld market is pretty clear, the PSP is showing us that people want to blur it in the future by allowing these devices to do many things. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine devices from these other fields "growing into" gaming roles (ipod snafu! Though with that awful round wheel thingy, I don't see how you could control it. . .). We may as well clarify it now.